Does Pelosi Have The Numbers?

If this thing passes it will be interesting to know how many of you liberal pumpkin heads are still thrilled come this time next year. Better take a good look before you leap.

Obama calls on Dems to pass health care - Yahoo! News WASHINGTON – Victory within reach, President Barack Obama rallied House Democrats on Saturday for a final health care push, and party leaders appeared confident they had overcome a flare-up over abortion funding restrictions in the legislation.

=== Joe Scarborough on Morning Joe last Monday said this was a done deal. He's right.

Since they are not going to do deem and pass, all this Stupak stuff is just window dressing.

Either the Senate bill passes, or it does not.

If it does not, then they have to start all over

With Deem and Pass seemingly off the table, the job of Pelosi to strong arm and bribe her way into securing the votes becomes tougher, as Democrats will now have to specifically put their name to the bill.

If the vote is called for Sunday, the on-the-floor negotiations will be off the chart.

60-40 Pelosi will get it done. Right now the vote count is basically 50/50 yes vs no.

Then the war for America begins in earnest heading into the November elections...

Not yet , but the progressives are unrelenting they have been at this for more then 50 years . They will never stop, what they get when they win is a total collapse of the global economy.

:thup:just your size, buddy.
clown-shoes-red-yellow500.jpg

With Deem and Pass seemingly off the table, the job of Pelosi to strong arm and bribe her way> into securing the votes becomes tougher, as Democrats will now have to specifically put their name to the bill.

If the vote is called for Sunday, the on-the-floor negotiations will be off the chart.

60-40 Pelosi will get it done. Right now the vote count is basically 50/50 yes vs no.

Then the war for America begins in earnest heading into the November elections...

Did you say some time ago that this day would never come?

With Deem and Pass seemingly off the table, the job of Pelosi to strong arm and bribe her way into securing the votes becomes tougher, as Democrats will now have to specifically put their name to the bill.

LOL, I know I never saw complaints from you when the Cons used strong arm tactics.

LOL, I know I never saw complaints from you when the Cons used strong arm tactics.

No...but we heard from your lame ass.....

Pelosi will spend Saturday trying to get the votes without the Stupak people. If she doesn't have enough of them on board by Sunday morning she will cave in to their abortion demands in order to get their votes. On way or another, this thing is going to get done.

NO, you dont get it.

Pelosi can only strongarm them into passing the Senate bill. The Senate bill has language opposed by Stupak. The only way for Stupak to be mollified to support a yes vote is for Pelosi to promise the Senate will go back and re-write their bill, or more accurately, pass amendments doing that after the law is signed.
But the Senate has no incentive to do that. They like the bill. That's why it's called the Senate Bill. Pelosi cannot bind the Senate to do anything.
And everyone knows that.
No, if Pelosi cannot fuck suck or cajole enough Democrats into voting for the Senate version then it is dead.
And once she does that, only the Senate version will pass into law. Everything else is off the table.

No, if Pelosi cannot fuck suck or cajole enough Democrats into voting for the Senate version then it is dead.

"If"?

Seems to me it wasn't that long ago you were predicting with certainty that it wouldn't happen at all.

:D

Frankly I am as shocked as the next guy that this hasn't falled apart on its own internal contradictions.
Ive been wrong before. I will probably be wrong again.
But I am not wrong that if this passes it will mean the biggest defeat for Democrats in decades and will relinquish them to minority party status for years.

I don't know Rabbi, I tend to agree, but then again, parasites tend to remain feeding on their hosts, if my elementary school science class was correct...

Last edited:
House Democrats have way too much to lose on this one. Power is the number one goal of these peopel. What sort of power do you wield when you lose the election in the fall? Passing this bill makes you a target. A target that may not get the prize of health care reform even with 216 votes in the House. The Senate can stop them easily with some procedural tactics which will require 60 votes. That will not be possible.

So, the House members fall on the sword for no gain. Enough of them will cut their losses and just vote no on Sunday, or whenever Pelosi gets around to the vote. A weak President has no faith in his managers. 0bama stayed here because his management team isn't delivering.

saveliberty, the House passes this bill, then it goes to the President for signature. It's a deal done, son.

Considering he wasn't on the board then, I think that might 'splain it. And nor, in fact, were you. Idiot.

Last edited:
saveliberty, the House passes this bill, then it goes to the President for signature. It's a deal done, son.

You're right.
But it is the Senate bill that gets signed into law. The one without publc option, the one with the cornhusker kickback and Louisiana purchase and all.
That'll go over real good in November.

Forum List

Back