Does our government deserve a little bit more credit than it gets?

Why do right wingers fly 50 star flags so often and so proudly when they hate the federal government so much? The U.S flag is the icon of our federal government. Maybe fly your state flag instead.

Which star on the flag represents the federal gov't? I want to know so I can take it off of mine.
We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union....

You have a problem with perfect unions ??

You didn't answer the question.

Why do right wingers fly 50 star flags so often and so proudly when they hate the federal government so much? The U.S flag is the icon of our federal government. Maybe fly your state flag instead.

Which star on the flag represents the federal gov't? I want to know so I can take it off of mine.

You didn't answer the question.

That is your answer

As long as it isn't forced or coerced and the Individual understands he has to defer to another he may not agree with, no, I don't have a problem with one- when it usurps its authority, makes up rules in its favor and sides with one side or another, then yes I do. Do you have a problem with that?

No....It deserves no credit for anything but fucking everything up that it comes into contact with.

Government is where losers who can't get a real job go to sponge off taxpayers.
We have the best Government in the world

If you don’t believe so, name one better
"Best gubmint" is on a par with "best cancer".
Looks like we have another anarchist
Looks like we have another cultist....You even spelled it with a capitol "G"....As in "God".

The 50 stars represent the 50 states. Nothing to do with the federal govt.

Seriously? You think a flag that has 50 stars to represent 50 united states has nothing to do with the government that united and rules over those 50 states? It's on government uniforms. It's the flag they fly over the Pentagon and White House. That is the federal government's standard. You are fooling yourself. When you fly that shit in your yard you are simply expressing your loyalty to Uncle Sam whether you realize it or not.

As long as it isn't forced or coerced and the Individual understands he has to defer to another he may not agree with, no, I don't have a problem with one- when it usurps its authority, makes up rules in its favor and sides with one side or another, then yes I do. Do you have a problem with that?
SocContract.jpg

You're a reasonable dude. Is the 50 star flag the icon of the fed or no?

Imposed under the threat of force.

no

The modern equivalent of the golden calf, to be worshipped unquestionably

originally, no- it stood for the 13 colonies and became a symbol for freedom, liberty and justice for all. remember? I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all-
Note the last 6 words in particular and bring into play where that has happened recently by the US gov't.

The Betsy Ross flag is an early design of the flag of the United States, named for early American upholsterer and flag maker Betsy Ross.[1]:107 The pattern of the Betsy Ross flag is 13 alternating red-and-white stripes with stars in a field of blue in the upper left corner canton. Its distinguishing feature is thirteen 5-pointed stars arranged in a circle representing the 13 colonies that fought for their independence during The American Revolutionary War. Since the beginning of the 20th century, the flag has been a popular symbol of American patriotism, though its origin story is based on a questionable family legend.

Last edited:
originally, no- it stood for the 13 colonies and became a symbol for freedom, liberty and justice for all. remeber? I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all-
Note the last 6 words in particular and bring into play where that has happened recently by the US gov't.

The Betsy Ross flag is an early design of the flag of the United States, named for early American upholsterer and flag maker Betsy Ross.[1]:107 The pattern of the Betsy Ross flag is 13 alternating red-and-white stripes with stars in a field of blue in the upper left corner canton. Its distinguishing feature is thirteen 5-pointed stars arranged in a circle representing the 13 colonies that fought for their independence during The American Revolutionary War. Since the beginning of the 20th century, the flag has been a popular symbol of American patriotism, though its origin story is based on a questionable family legend.
stars_and_bars_800x600.jpg

Forum List

Back