Does our government deserve a little bit more credit than it gets?

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Which nations would do better at the helm with all the stresses and pressures of being the most powerful force on Earth? It's got to be a short list. We could hold the entire world hostage if we wanted to. We could bully any nation, steal any resource, but we don't. We have the ring but we manage to stick to limited evil. On top of that it's really not that bad living in the USA. Is there no credit due?

• Banned

Why do right wingers fly 50 star flags so often and so proudly when they hate the federal government so much? The U.S flag is the icon of our federal government. Maybe fly your state flag instead.

People who always complain about the government are usually poor deadbeats. BTW, I’m Canadian ...

• Banned

Why do right wingers fly 50 star flags so often and so proudly when they hate the federal government so much? The U.S flag is the icon of our federal government. Maybe fly your state flag instead.

What the hell are you babbling about?

Read the post again. Right wingers love flying the U.S flag. The U.S flag is the icon of the federal government they claim to hate. It doesn't make sense to me.

Read the post again. Right wingers love flying the U.S flag. The U.S flag is the icon of the federal government they claim to hate. It doesn't make sense to me.

The question was rhetorical with implied mockery and eye rolls.

The US flag is the icon of the American people. The federal gov't represents all of us (or is supposed to), and so it flies our flag. Not theirs, ours. Don't know that right-wingers hate our gov't, any more than the left-wingers do. Disappointed, distrustful, dissatisfied, all that stuff but hate? Sometimes I really don't like or agree with what they do or don't do, especially the Left, but hate doesn't help you.

The question was rhetorical with implied mockery and eye rolls.

Why is my question deserving of mockery and eye rolls? It's true.

It's because your question is hypocritical, as though only the Right is to blame for everything that is bad and deserves no credit at all for the good stuff. No mention of the Left, do you think the Left doesn't hate Donald Trump, the GOP, and the voters who voted for them?

No mention of the Left, do you think the Left doesn't hate Donald Trump, the GOP, and the voters who voted for them?

The left doesn't tend to fly the flag as often so in this instance it's not very relevant to bring them up. I'm not saying they are better. This is just something that has crossed my mind on occasion. It seems pretty clear to me that the 50 star flag is the icon of our federal government, but we can agree to disagree.

Was there a big sale on straw at the farm and fleet today?

I'm not even trying to make this a partisan issue. I think a lot of lefties are pathetic as fuck for the way they speak about the government they expect to save everybody.

Forum List

Back