Does it seem to you that Trump is becoming less abrasive than he has been in the past?

From everything I have read about him, Trump is a very charming, affable man in person. The left hates him because Don does not share their deranged, and frankly fucked up, world view.

Because it is worthy of consideration, in light of the history and constitution we have come this far on. Some people respect and value that. I do not know whether you are actually one of them, anymore or not.
Are you sure you are not just jealous that Trump does not have to wear depends yet while you do?

In victory speech, Donald Trump calls for unity, then calls Biden 'worst president ever'

He congratulated his opponents and just seemed generally less abrasive than usual during his speech.
It struck me that way.
Yes and it's too bad he didn't learn this lesson a few years ago. As much as there are those who would admire him for being a jackass he would be surprised to find out that there are millions of voters out there just waiting for him to show 10 cents worth of good manners.

that may explain the enduring popularity of tom brady. gracious in victory. throwing stuff all over the field when he loses.
Sorry, but no. No one wins all the time. We all lose at some time. How we handle our losses shows what kind of human we are. If you are trying to say you never have lost, I call shenanigan.

Trump wants to win in November, and he needs to win if he hopes to stay out of jail, or pardon himself and his cronies in future.

I have always said he is totally a conman and actor without principles. I said before he can tack to the left (he is an old Democrat after all) or right on just about any issue if it serves his interests. He now figures he has the Republican nomination wrapped up and will be their candidate. So now until November he may seem more moderate, as he was on abortion vs. DeSantis. He is a cunning judge of what average Americans want and knows how to act “warm” and maybe even “humble” and “chastised” when necessary. He has even tried to quiet the furor over his claims that the 2020 election “had to be” stolen from him, sometimes now pretending he was only raising the “possibility” there was fraud against him. He is beginning to talk about his own actions in 2020 as if they were unimportant past events.

However, if elected and frustrated by events or the courts or effective Dem opposition, Trump could just as easily resume his extreme insults and authoritarian posture.

If all goes reasonably well for him he will start off by hunting down “illegals,” even settled and productive families, knowing that they are an easy target. But Trump will probably always need to find new scapegoats and he will almost certainly initially try to renew his “friendship” with Putin at the expense of Ukraine and “liberal democratic capitalism” in Europe and around the world.

Last edited:
Because it is worthy of consideration, in light of the history and constitution we have come this far on. Some people respect and value that. I do not know whether you are actually one of them, anymore or not.
Numerous Presidents have rubbed people the wrong way. So what?

Does this seem less abrasive....emphasis mine.

My wife attended the funeral two months ago of Rosalynn Carter. And it was beautiful. Jimmy Carter was there. I thought to myself, Jimmy Carter is happy now.

Yes and it's too bad he didn't learn this lesson a few years ago. As much as there are those who would admire him for being a jackass he would be surprised to find out that there are millions of voters out there just waiting for him to show 10 cents worth of good manners.
So would would vote for Trump if he had better manners? If not, your comment is unsubstantial.

So would would vote for Trump if he had better manners? If not, your comment is unsubstantial.
I don't make decisions like a child. I don't vote for a person based on whether or not I like them. Unfortunately a large part of the nation does. This is where the substance of my comment applies.

If all goes reasonably well for him he will start off by hunting down “illegals,” even settled and productive families, knowing that they are an easy target. But Trump will probably always need to find new scapegoats and he will almost certainly initially try to renew his “friendship” with Putin at the expense of Ukraine and “liberal democratic capitalism” in Europe and around the world.
1. Should there be any consequences to entering the US illegally? If so, what should they be?

2. Still beating the Russia Collusion drum makes you look like an idiot.

Sorry, but this is getting too easy.

Does this seem less abrasive....emphasis mine.

My wife attended the funeral two months ago of Rosalynn Carter. And it was beautiful. Jimmy Carter was there. I thought to myself, Jimmy Carter is happy now.
If you understand context, you’d know exactly what he was referring to.

Numerous Presidents have rubbed people the wrong way. So what?
Not a matter of rubbing the wrong way or so called mean tweets. It is a matter of needing a President with unquestioning support for the Constitution, Rule of Law, and the historical norms put in place by the founding fathers that got us this far. Trump and his actions are the antithesis to this.

if you voted for this current idiot then you DEFINITELY dont respect the Constitution.

1. Should there be any consequences to entering the US illegally? If so, what should they be?

2. Still beating the Russia Collusion drum makes you look like an idiot.
Is an easy way to fix illegal immigration. It's so easy that it's ridiculous. Eliminate payroll taxation and go over to a straight consumption tax. This would not create a disparity between rich and poor that doesn't already exist and it would enable a more focused approach to wealth than is currently being undertaken.
It would most likely triple the revenue and eventually disappear from people's minds as it would be integrated with their weekly spending that they would eventually grow used to.
Doing this eliminates the need to categorize anyone as either legal or illegal.

That said, I hope he does not ever become less abrasive to the leftist criminals. I've had about three decades of getting really tired of their intolerance and I'm all for anyone who wants to abrade their sorry asses.

Wow 30 years of being miserable. What a life.

Or at the new E. Jean Carroll trial beginning tomorrow...
I sure would hate to be the one putting all my eggs in baskets that depend on fruit cakes that that crazy Carroll bitch, or the horny Atlanta prosecutor, or that fat NYC prosecutor who looks like a negro Grimace from McDonalds. Jesus Christ!!! LOL!!! You bunch of fucking losers!!!

Forum List

Back