Does it matter to you if your pork chops were treated humanely before they ended up next to the mashed potatoes?

Nothing wrong with humane treatment of food animals if for no other reason than our own humanity, not to mention it is probably better that an animal for food not be living or killed under stress releasing large amounts of adrenaline into the meat. I have no desire to see animals even for food live cruel lives of fear, suffering and misery.

That said, if CA were reasonable, they would simply allow for an orderly transfer to better raising methods giving pig farmers a year or something to convert over to the new restrictions while continuing to meet the needs of the market.
they gave them 3 yrs to prepare for this,, more than enough time,,

As someone else mentioned, pigs are smarter than dogs, and they're social like dogs, with individual personalities. So if you're against harming, mistreating or torturing a dog... why would you not be against harming, mistreating or torturing a pig? I think most meat-eaters would say that they are against the mistreatment of pigs. But make no mistake, when you buy bacon, ham, etc, you are paying for the abuse and torture of pigs. See the second video below for a glimpse of factory farms, which is where 98% of pork comes from.

As for the question of the thread… the animal industries only care about making money, so even with animal welfare laws, they still don't care and they'll still exploit and mistreat the animals. But even if they are treated a little bit nicer during their short life, they still end up dying a violent painful death, there's no such thing as "humane slaughter." Once I realized that, I realized that it's not about trying to do the wrong thing in a nicer way… But just don't participate at all with it. Vote with your pocketbook and if you care about animals, don't pay for others to harm them, simple as that. Going vegan was the second best decision I ever made in my life, and the only regret I have is not doing it years sooner!

Check out his proud smile at the end of this clip:

Fantastic post, buttercup... :2up:

Quasar... you're my hero!!

Mass production of lab meat can't come soon enough to provide proteins without savagery.

When cheap lab meat finally arrives this kind of discussion will be a thing of the past.

Unless you are an avowed Vegetarian or a Vegan I can see no upside to this insane legislative overreach but then again we are talking about California right? I am not advocating for purposeful torture of livestock but the idea that they must be made happy and comfortable to some prescribed levels of acceptance before they get carted off to the meat processing factory is ludicrous and unnecessarily expensive. Soon the time tested go to meal <> porkchops with spanish rice<> which is a good, cheap staple for a large percentage of the Latino population...prolly served more in Cali than anywhere else simply because there are so many Latinos there....will start to become a bothersome tally on the grocery bill.....
wanna lose votes? Screw with people's food....

Something Wrong With a System That Allows Destroyers to Rule

Those decadent freaks represent a Death Wish. Let us forbid them from sharing it with us. Equating animals and humans is a step backwards, taken by those who deserve to have no future in our country. The hidden truth is that eating meat creates courage; these degenerate lawmakers prefer Vegan pushovers.

As someone else mentioned, pigs are smarter than dogs, and they're social like dogs, with individual personalities. So if you're against harming, mistreating or torturing a dog... why would you not be against harming, mistreating or torturing a pig? I think most meat-eaters would say that they are against the mistreatment of pigs. But make no mistake, when you buy bacon, ham, etc, you are paying for the abuse and torture of pigs. See the second video below for a glimpse of factory farms, which is where 98% of pork comes from.

As for the question of the thread… the animal industries only care about making money, so even with animal welfare laws, they still don't care and they'll still exploit and mistreat the animals. But even if they are treated a little bit nicer during their short life, they still end up dying a violent painful death, there's no such thing as "humane slaughter." Once I realized that, I realized that it's not about trying to do the wrong thing in a nicer way… But just don't participate at all with it. Vote with your pocketbook and if you care about animals, don't pay for others to harm them, simple as that. Going vegan was the second best decision I ever made in my life, and the only regret I have is not doing it years sooner!

Check out his proud smile at the end of this clip:

Timothy Treadwell Turned Into Ursine Cuisine

I am so touchy-feely that I'm sure I'll treat the Vegans nicely and kindly—strictly forbidding mistreatment or torture—before I butcher them alive and feed them to the pigs.

Something Wrong With a System That Allows Destroyers to Rule

Those decadent freaks represent a Death Wish. Let us forbid them from sharing it with us. Equating animals and humans is a step backwards, taken by those who deserve to have no future in our country. The hidden truth is that eating meat creates courage; these degenerate lawmakers prefer Vegan pushovers.

Strawman, treating animals with decency and compassion is not "equating animals and humans." Obviously human beings are not the same as animals, and that is all the more reason to act like decent, intelligent beings who are moral agents, rather than selfish, violent savages.

Secondly, your "hidden truth" is the exact opposite of the truth. Meat does not create courage, there is nothing courageous or manly about abusing and selfishly killing innocent, defenseless animals. Are bullies courageous? No, anyone can pick on someone not their own size. What does take courage is defending the innocent and vulnerable, not exploiting and abusing them. What does take courage is going against the crowd and putting compassion and logic first, above cruelty and only caring about satisfying one's momentary fleshly desires. Especially when studies have shown that the more animal products in one's diet, the higher the risk for preventable diseases like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

So you are advocating for something that is not only cowardly, but detrimental in the long run, on a number of levels.

Last edited:
Timothy Treadwell Turned Into Ursine Cuisine

I am so touchy-feely that I'm sure I'll treat the Vegans nicely and kindly—strictly forbidding mistreatment or torture—before I butcher them alive and feed them to the pigs.

So now you're advocating for butchering people who choose to not partake in cruelty? Maybe there's something to the view that meat eating causes people to be callous, violent and uncaring about the sanctity of life. You prove that anyway. Please seek help. Your post above makes you sound like a future Jeffrey Dahmer.

Last edited:

Mass production of lab meat can't come soon enough to provide proteins without savagery.

When cheap lab meat finally arrives this kind of discussion will be a thing of the past.
You mean I can put in my order for an Angus beef prime rib two weeks ahead of time?

Originally posted by justofall
You mean I can put in my order for an Angus beef prime rib two weeks ahead of time?

If lab meat sounds like science fiction to us in the 21th century and communicating through the INTERNET no less, just imagine the reaction of the Neanderthal guy you chose as your av. :biggrin:

Our descendants in 2200, 2300 will have to be exposed to dozens of books, movies and documentaries about life in the 20th, 21th century to be convinced that we really killed animals to eat.

I don't think that will be the way it works.

Mankind has been killing animals for food since we first existed. But somehow eating meat in the 20th and 21st century will be hard to believe.

I think meat will still be eaten in the 22nd and 23rd centuries. It will just be much more expensive.

Originally posted by WinterBorn
I think meat will still be eaten in the 22nd and 23rd centuries.

It may very well be the case, WB.

But until now, eating meat and killing animals were one and the same thing... not anymore.

I understand why you unconsciously conflate the two.

Your mind, just like mine, was molded by 20th century technology.

Unless you are an avowed Vegetarian or a Vegan I can see no upside to this insane legislative overreach but then again we are talking about California right? I am not advocating for purposeful torture of livestock but the idea that they must be made happy and comfortable to some prescribed levels of acceptance before they get carted off to the meat processing factory is ludicrous and unnecessarily expensive. Soon the time tested go to meal <> porkchops with spanish rice<> which is a good, cheap staple for a large percentage of the Latino population...prolly served more in Cali than anywhere else simply because there are so many Latinos there....will start to become a bothersome tally on the grocery bill.....

Like nice houses, guns, ammunition, and good schools, pork will soon become another thing only rich people can have in California.

Nice to see some of us arent alone here. Thanks for speaking up and taking a stand.

I havent had pork in 40 years. Humans werent meant to consume pork. The Jews know this, Islam understands this and so do many Christian sects.

There are MANY reasons to not eat pork.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back