Does God want you to be Rich?

Money and Christianity - This is a big issue among many that turned me off of Christianity. If preachers really believed in what they preach, why do they commit so many gross atrocities? Read about Robert Tilton and Jim Baker to name just a couple. Also see:

http://www.rickross.com/groups/tv_preachers.html

I understand that no one is perfect but I’m not talking about your average Joe. These are supposedly devout knowledgeable Christians who firmly believe in salvation – life after death – eternal peace – etc. and they do things like this.

Because Matt, those men were not real preachers, they were imposters hiding behind the bible, it's called sin. Many many churches do good works with the money they collect, and follow the example they preach everyday.

Yes God want us to be rich, he gives us everything we have in life including talents, and compassion, so that we never forget him, and share what we have. He wants us to share our wealth with others as a way to help them, and help us get to heaven.
He wants us to be happy so he gave us marriage, sex, family, so that we will be happy and in turn have the desire to help make others happy was well.

Exactly. I think one of the best examples of how God doesn't frown on riches as long as they don't come first is the story of King Solomon. It's a prime example of the verse, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." God offered Solomon riches, power, or anything else he wanted. Solomon asked for wisdom without peer. As a result, God not only gifted him with the wisdom he sought, but with the riches he had turned down. God doesn't want everyone to be poor. He just wants everyone to put him before their bank accounts.

I'd bet $ that God is NOT a communist.

You'd win the bet. Communists and the liberal Far Left hate God, Christianity, and religion in general. Communists are against anybody getting rich because they think everybody should be "equal" with everybody else. They hate the rich and want to take them down. They want everybody to live in a commune-like state and share everything. Of course the result is that almost everybody lives a poor life. Has there ever been a rich communist country?

Exactly. I think one of the best examples of how God doesn't frown on riches as long as they don't come first is the story of King Solomon. It's a prime example of the verse, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." God offered Solomon riches, power, or anything else he wanted. Solomon asked for wisdom without peer. As a result, God not only gifted him with the wisdom he sought, but with the riches he had turned down. God doesn't want everyone to be poor. He just wants everyone to put him before their bank accounts.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'd win the bet. Communists and the liberal Far Left hate God, Christianity, and religion in general. Communists are against anybody getting rich because they think everybody should be "equal" with everybody else. They hate the rich and want to take them down. They want everybody to live in a commune-like state and share everything. Of course the result is that almost everybody lives a poor life. Has there ever been a rich communist country?

God would more likely be communists than a capitalist. Exploitation of the poor probably isn't what Jesus would do.

Communism is a great idea, and could be successful if human nature isn't involved, but human nature plays a role in any government, so communism will never work.

BTW: I'm considered by ya'll rush-like rightwingers to be one of those far-left wing communist kooks.

God would more likely be communists than a capitalist. Exploitation of the poor probably isn't what Jesus would do.

Communism is a great idea, and could be successful if human nature isn't involved, but human nature plays a role in any government, so communism will never work.

BTW: I'm considered by ya'll rush-like rightwingers to be one of those far-left wing communist kooks.

Yes. The “Sermon on the Mount” seems to be rather communistic to me. It speaks of giving and giving. Yet there is a Bible passage that says, "If anyone will not work, neither let him eat." This seems to be somewhat harsh and capitalistic. Taken as a whole, I think that the New Testament advocates more communistic behavior than it does capitalistic behavior.

Communism seeks to make everyone the same through wealth reapportionment, Jesus was talking about charity. No link to communism in the sermon.

Yes. The “Sermon on the Mount” seems to be rather communistic to me. It speaks of giving and giving. Yet there is a Bible passage that says, "If anyone will not work, neither let him eat." This seems to be somewhat harsh and capitalistic. Taken as a whole, I think that the New Testament advocates more communistic behavior than it does capitalistic behavior.

Your confusing charity/ free will with Communism, two completely different ideas. God advocates free will and charity but never demands a government steal then redistribute.

not in my case...at least not financially...but family wise yeah...I would say I am rich!

Many people would say if you have your family then you have everything you need.. :)

I can only speak for myself...but hell ya everytime I watch the kids excell...I say to myself...ya are a rich dude!:mm:

Money and Christianity - This is a big issue among many that turned me off of Christianity. If preachers really believed in what they preach, why do they commit so many gross atrocities? Read about Robert Tilton and Jim Baker to name just a couple. Also see:

http://www.rickross.com/groups/tv_preachers.html

I understand that no one is perfect but I’m not talking about your average Joe. These are supposedly devout knowledgeable Christians who firmly believe in salvation – life after death – eternal peace – etc. and they do things like this.

I haven't yet read the articles on these men, but is it possible that they started out devoutly, but succumbed to great temptation along the way? Satan even tempted Jesus by offering Him the world. How much easier it must be to tempt a mere human with power, riches and fame. This is not a justification of their actions, but an explanation.

I haven't yet read the articles on these men, but is it possible that they started out devoutly, but succumbed to great temptation along the way? Satan even tempted Jesus by offering Him the world. How much easier it must be to tempt a mere human with power, riches and fame. This is not a justification of their actions, but an explanation.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

(Haven't been here in weeks & it says,"gotta spread rep")

Yes and God entered into a covenant with Solomon; but Solomon turned his back on God. All of Solomon's kingdom was taken from his heirs except one tribe of Israel, and that was only because of God's relationship with David.

Forum List

Back