Does everyone just have someone you want to help?

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
I have a man that lives next to me. I never really cared for him ever since he moved in. He always seemed like he wanted to help me do things like do my yard work for me or work on my car. He was a pest. A few months ago he was diagnosed with tongue cancer and had it removed and had a piece of his rear end put on to replace it. He is back home and he has a tube in his throat and another in his stomach to eat. He has a nurse and speech therapist come by regularly. He cant talk. I feel sorry for him so i go over and just say hi and do little things for him. I text him alot and wish him well. He has lost alot of weight. I didnt care for him at all but now i feel like i want to help him.

If you didn't care at all you would never have known of his misfortune.
I found out because he told me about his diagnosis and that he was going to have the operation. I gues he seems so helpless now as he pretty much sits in a chair in his living room in a blanket watching TV. Makes me appreciate my life more and that i never took up smoking. I do imbibe a bit though.

I have a man that lives next to me. I never really cared for him ever since he moved in. He always seemed like he wanted to help me do things like do my yard work for me or work on my car. He was a pest. A few months ago he was diagnosed with tongue cancer and had it removed and had a piece of his rear end put on to replace it. He is back home and he has a tube in his throat and another in his stomach to eat. He has a nurse and speech therapist come by regularly. He cant talk. I feel sorry for him so i go over and just say hi and do little things for him. I text him alot and wish him well. He has lost alot of weight. I didnt care for him at all but now i feel like i want to help him.
you not caring about him before and now you do says more about you than them,,,

you cant just care when times get hard,,

you not caring about him before and now you do says more about you than them,,,

you cant just care when times get hard,,
True enough.

I never really cared for him ever since he moved in, why??

Why now?

I found out because he told me about his diagnosis and that he was going to have the operation. I gues he seems so helpless now as he pretty much sits in a chair in his living room in a blanket watching TV. Makes me appreciate my life more and that i never took up smoking. I do imbibe a bit though.
I lived in one place for 8 years and never said so much as hello to a neighbor. I didn't care about them. I ignored them. If you didn't care you would never have spoken to him in the first place.

Not really.
I've tried to help many people over the years and in the end they dont appreciate it.
My brother being the worst of them.
Had a guy I worked with who I picked up and drove home everyday and he never offered so much as a nickel for gas.
He always came on Thursday wanting to borrow $20 bucks until payday.
I finally told him,just give me $20 bucks on payday and I'll hold on to it for you till Friday.
He actually got pissed about it.

Forgive me if these are dumb question and I don't mean to sound insensitive of course when asking them, but how can sitting be an option considering what was done to him due to the fact that his tongue had to be taken from his mouth? Is there really not another place that a doctor can go to in order to replace whatever is taken from a person due to cancer? How will meal times go for him now if his replacement doesn't do what the real thing did for him. Will he be able to taste foods and drinks still?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back