Does anyone think we have to many white male hetros on television?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that if a show like Grease was made today that people would say that their are too many white people and to much heterosexuality in it?

There are more white heteros than any other "group". And likely more choose to become actors and directors. The thing is, anybody can choose that field so if people think there needs to be a movie with few or no whites, they need to get busy.

The left has a form of OCD when it comes to people's appearances. They see nothing else about a person other than color and gender.

The left is constantly demanding that every company, neighborhood, school and now movies must have a certain balance that meets with their approval. They divide people by color and gender and since they can't ever look around and just see people, they are dissatisfied when things don't look politically correct.

Now they want some cartoon characters to be gay. No more of this business of allowing writers to create their own stories. The left feels the need to step in and dictate how stories should go. Writers write what they know. Makes me wonder why more gays aren't creating movies or cartoons that reflect their own lives instead of having liberals demand it from others. Of course, the left is pressuring the industry because they want to force everyone to accept so many different genders as normal. They want to get to children early and make sure that parents don't try teaching them their values.

New York says there are 31 different genders, so the left will pressure everyone to include all of them in movies. Their idea of diversity is equal numbers of each "group" even though the population of groups is not equal. In other words, whitey needs to start sitting it out while the minorities appear to be more like majorities.

Last edited:
From what I understand Hollywood is pretty much like the democrat party, qu33rs, jews, blacks and assorted browns.

I agree with Clementine. I'm part of the Brown (aka Non-White) race, I'm Asian. So I naturally know what racism feels like and appreciate the idea of an American society that exhibits equality and fairness to all. But we're not ever going to conquer our differences by forcing an unnatural balance. The U.S.was created and has been dominated by hetero White people. They still hold most positions of authority and are primarily credited with the books we read and the movies we watch. Those are the facts. You do the work, you reap the rewards. And they definitely did the lion's share of work to make America.

I don't want people of every race and sexual orientation in any job or role if they cannot meet the qualifications and perform the duties .. even if they're from my own group. Nor do I think it's natural or reasonable to expect one group to work hard to push another group's agenda. At least I haven't heard of any group like Black Gays for Straight Asian Rights or Hispanic Catholics for the Advancement of Pakistani Muslims.

To paraphrase Clementine - reality is not racist, it's just reality. Want it changed? Do it yourself or direct your frustrations towards your own group before you even consider placing blame on others. Otherwise shut up and accept the status quo.

Last edited:
I agree with Clementine. I'm part of the Brown (aka Non-White) race, I'm Asian. So I naturally know what racism feels like and appreciate the idea of an American society that exhibits equality and fairness to all. But we're not ever going to conquer our differences by forcing an unnatural balance. The U.S.was created and has been dominated by hetero White people. They still hold most positions of authority and are primarily credited with the books we read and the movies we watch. Those are the facts. You do the work, you reap the rewards. And they definitely did the lion's share of work to make America.

I don't want people of every race and sexual orientation in any job or role if they cannot meet the qualifications and perform the duties .. even if they're from my own group. Nor do I think it's natural or reasonable to expect one group to work hard to push another group's agenda. At least I haven't heard of any group like Black Gays for Straight Asian Rights or Hispanic Catholics for the Advancement of Pakistani Muslims.

To paraphrase Clementine - reality is not racist, it's just reality. Want it changed? Do it yourself or direct your frustrations towards your own group before you even consider placing blame on others. Otherwise shut up and accept the status quo.

Good post - I do question one point - "we will never conquer our differences".... why do you want to?
Do you want everyone to be the same? No cultural differences, no heritage pride...?
To me, it isn't about making everyone the same - it is about accepting the differences

Good post - I do question one point - "we will never conquer our differences".... why do you want to?
Do you want everyone to be the same? No cultural differences, no heritage pride...?
To me, it isn't about making everyone the same - it is about accepting the differences
Agreed. I chose the wrong word or phrase. By "conquering our differences" I meant to imply how we need to overcome our habit of using our differences as the excuse or reason for why we can't all achieve whatever we want.

Cultural differnces are interesting and help us all to better understand the richness of humanity. But differences like "I'm Brown and oppressed and you're White and privileged so you need to go out of your way to help me or represent my people" is a mindset we need to get rid of.[/QUOTE]

Forum List

Back