Does anyone really believe 528k jobs were created

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Damn, you had me going for a while, silly me.

Who was the last Repub POTUS to offer a smaller budget request than the year before?

Who was the last Repub POTUS to have a smaller deficit when they left office than when they started?

The Repubs gave us the PATRIOT ACT and the DHS, the biggest bureaucracy in the Fed Govt

First of all, you teed it up so I took a swing at it. Thanks BTW. ;)

Now, all true, BUT:

Whatever the president offers as a budget is nothing more than a starting point and these days means NOTHING. I doubt there have been any democrat presidents that offered a smaller budget than the last one either, but that's beside the point. What matters isn't what is proposed, but what is spent and with the exception of defense spending the democrats ALWAYS want to spend more on any other program or policy than the GOP does. EVERY TIME.

Let me ask you a question: do you think that if she had been elected instead of DJT, and with the same Congress that would she have spent more money than Trump did? I definitely believe her deficits would have been higher than Trump's was, and probably by a substantial margin. When I see the higher spending that the democrats want to pass on every spending bill in Congress and in either chamber, I am very comfortable in saying that when it comes to spending money the 2 major parties are NOT the same. For sure neither party is fiscally conservative and I hate that, BUT there is absolutely no doubt that the democrats are far worse in that regard.

Oh, and BTW: the Patriot Act was passed in the Senate 98-1, and 357-66. AND, in May 2011, President Barack Obama signed the PATRIOT Sunset Extensions Act of 2011, which extended three provisions. These provisions were modified and extended until 2019 by the USA Freedom Act, passed in 2015. So, let's not put all the responsibility for that program on the GOP, hmm?

Whatever the president offers as a budget is nothing more than a starting point and these days means NOTHING. I doubt there have been any democrat presidents that offered a smaller budget than the last one either, but that's beside the point. What matters isn't what is proposed, but what is spent and with the exception of defense spending the democrats ALWAYS want to spend more on any other program or policy than the GOP does. EVERY TIME.

Correct, it is a starting point. Thus if you wanted to spend less, your starting point would be less and work from there.

There have been no democrat presidents that offered a smaller budget than the last one either, which is why I say there is no difference between the parties when it comes to spending except waht they want to spend it one

Oh, and BTW: the Patriot Act was passed in the Senate 98-1, and 357-66. AND, in May 2011, President Barack Obama signed the PATRIOT Sunset Extensions Act of 2011, which extended three provisions. These provisions were modified and extended until 2019 by the USA Freedom Act, passed in 2015. So, let's not put all the responsibility for that program on the GOP, hmm?

Thank you for confirming one more time there is no difference between the two parties.

The Repubs controlled the House and the White House when both took place. Both the DHS and the PATRIOT Act could have been stopped by the Repubs but instead as you pointed out it passed about as damn close to unanimous as it gets these days

Correct, it is a starting point. Thus if you wanted to spend less, your starting point would be less and work from there.

This is bullshit. The authority to tax and spend resides solely with Congress. PERIOD. Trying to shift blame to Trump is ridiculous, or to any other president. They may budget for more spending, like Trump did and Obama did before him when he spent that $862 billion stimulus bill in 2009, ultimately the total blame lies with Congress for whatever spending is done. Cuz they are the ones who are responsible for taxing and spending.

Thank you for confirming one more time there is no difference between the two parties.

Absolute and total bullshit. If you see no difference then it's quite clear you don't want to see the difference. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

The Repubs controlled the House and the White House when both took place. Both the DHS and the PATRIOT Act could have been stopped by the Repubs but instead as you pointed out it passed about as damn close to unanimous as it gets these days

"Both the DHS and the PATRIOT Act could have been stopped by the Repubs" Could have been stopped by the democrats too, during Obama's presidency but they didn't. Do you not see your hypocrisy here? In 2009 and 2010 the democrats controlled both chambers of Congress and did nothing about this, yet you continue to blame only the repubs.

As nearly unanimous as that bill was, it's obvious that both parties voted for it. BUT that does not mean that one bill can be interpreted to mean both parties are equally to blame for the ridiculous spending that has occurred for some time now. I'll say it in more time: neither party should escape the blame for the enormous debt and deficits that we have created, BUT to say that the parties are equally to blame is nonsense. I noticed that you ignored this question: would Hillary have spent more money and created a larger deficit/debt than Trump did if she had been elected? If you don't think that she would have then we live in 2 different realities. If you don't believe that a democrat Congress would spend more money than a GOP Congress would, given the same situation then we live in 2 different realities.

we're being lied to .... again
Look into the job demographics... Part time... Low wage... Back to the same lies we got under Obama... ITs Bull SHIT...

1659901564392.png

This is bullshit. The authority to tax and spend resides solely with Congress. PERIOD. Trying to shift blame to Trump is ridiculous, or to any other president. They may budget for more spending, like Trump did and Obama did before him when he spent that $862 billion stimulus bill in 2009, ultimately the total blame lies with Congress for whatever spending is done. Cuz they are the ones who are responsible for taxing and spending.

So much for the POTUS Budget being the starting point.

Nothing gets spent without the POTUS signature. But yes Congress is just as responsible and not a single GOP controlled Congress has cut spending. The Repubs controlled Congress and the White House in 2017-2018 and did nothing but almost double the annual deficit.

The Repbus are not a party of smaller government nor one of less spending

Absolute and total bullshit. If you see no difference then it's quite clear you don't want to see the difference. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

There is not real difference outside of a few social wedge issue

"Both the DHS and the PATRIOT Act could have been stopped by the Repubs" Could have been stopped by the democrats too, during Obama's presidency but they didn't. Do you not see your hypocrisy here? In 2009 and 2010 the democrats controlled both chambers of Congress and did nothing about this, yet you continue to blame only the repubs.

The only hypocrisy I see is yours.

Nobody has claimed the Dems are the party of smaller Govt or less spending, but you made that claim about the Repubs. If anyone made that claim about the Dems I would laugh at them like I laughed at you.

I noticed that you ignored this question: would Hillary have spent more money and created a larger deficit/debt than Trump did if she had been elected?

We will never know will we since she did not win. But we do know what Trump and the Repubs did.

Yes I do.

Peterson has a BA in PoliSci and a PhD in clinical psychology. Neither make him an expert in statistics.

I have a MS in Applied Analytics, and work in the field of statistics.
It’s interesting that the poor little Jordan Peterson has been on just about every international study and you have not.
He would crush you in under 30 seconds as he does every statistician he faces off with.

O NO!
GG discovered the Smiley!
I think GG should visit YouTube and watch Jordan Peterson crushing statisticians left and right.

O NO!
GG discovered the Smiley!
I think GG should visit YouTube and watch Jordan Peterson crushing statisticians left and right.

:itsok:

Sorry I do not share your hero worship. He is just a man that has far less formal training and experience with statistics then I do.

T

:itsok:

Sorry I do not share your hero worship. He is just a man that has far less formal training and experience with statistics then I do.

T
There is a difference between Jordan and phonies like you...
He follows the stats through many decades and exposes how they were manipulated by those with an agenda.
He will never quote a stat until it's been proven over time.

He follows the stats through many decades and exposes how they were manipulated by those with an agenda.

I am so happy for you that you found yet another human to worship as your hero

Never EVER?????

I am so happy for you that you found yet another human to worship as your hero
Ad hominem.
There are a good many people here who have demonstrated numerous times that they know you are an arrogant piece of shit.
I like facts; you like your paycheck that requires you to lie.

Forum List

Back