Does anyone have a good noodle kugel recipe?

tori

Rookie
Feb 20, 2014
Los Angeles
This is my first thread so I'm really excited.

A friend and I had lunch today at our local deli. She ordered noodle kugel and it was yummy. Does anyone have a recipe for this? How hard is it to make?

Oh, sorry about the almost non-existent post count. I've been reading since I joined and now feel pretty comfortable to start participating.

That's a really hard question.. I've never had 2 kugels the same..
Syrenn is right on the trail.. But my mom used to use Apple filling and add cottage cheese as well as
the spices..

I've had it with prune syrup (actually pretty yummy) and other fruit varieties..
Got a cookbook I inherited with at least 4 recipes --- I'll "boil it down for Ya"..

Welcome to USMB...

That's a really hard question.. I've never had 2 kugels the same..
Syrenn is right on the trail.. But my mom used to use Apple filling and add cottage cheese as well as
the spices..

I've had it with prune syrup (actually pretty yummy) and other fruit varieties..
Got a cookbook I inherited with at least 4 recipes --- I'll "boil it down for Ya"..

Welcome to USMB...

Its not so much "recipe" as it is a technique. The recipes you will find on the web are all about the same..... its how you embellish it that is different.

I prefer ricotta cheese to cottage cheese.... I would use rum soaked golden raisins for one version.... and coco lopez, toasted coconut and caramelized pineapple for another.... lemon zest and poppy seeds for a third.

the base is eggs, cheese and sugar.

and i cant wait to see what your family has to say about it :)

Island Kugel ??? I guess if you're a Rastafarian...

I'm allergic to coconut since my 20s.. Working as a pool guard with all that suntan oil
makes me associate coconut with folks burning up on deck chairs..

Island Kugel ??? I guess if you're a Rastafarian...

I'm allergic to coconut since my 20s.. Working as a pool guard with all that suntan oil
makes me associate coconut with folks burning up on deck chairs..

.... a Rastafarian :lmao: I just like coconut.

its like mojitos..... all i think of is drinking scope.

Forum List

Back