Doctor loses license for assisted suicide

We need to keep religion and the govt out of our private lives. This is and should be the individual's choice.

If I ask a doctor for help in ending my life, I should be able to get that without repercussions on the doctor.

Keep religion out of our private lives? wtf?

Doctors are in the business of saving lives. You want to end yours, there are tons of ways that do not involve the assistance of a doctor.

You own your own body. No one has the right to take that fact away from you.

An unborn human being inside of a woman's body is not her body. Fact.

The fertilized embryo attaches to the uterus in order to become a fetus. Without that attachment it will never develop into a human being. The placenta provides oxygen and nutrients enabling the fetus to grow. Without the placenta the fetus won't survive.

The fetus is part of the woman's body up to the moment of giving birth. It is entirely dependent upon her to survive. The fetus could not survive on it's own in the first 2 semesters any more than your kidney could survive if it was removed from your body.

The fertilized embryo attaches to the uterus in order to become a fetus. Without that attachment it will never develop into a human being. The placenta provides oxygen and nutrients enabling the fetus to grow. Without the placenta the fetus won't survive.

The fetus is part of the woman's body up to the moment of giving birth. It is entirely dependent upon her to survive. The fetus could not survive on it's own in the first 2 semesters any more than your kidney could survive if it was removed from your body.

None of what you posted negates my post.

Yes, such a great idea, allow doctors to decide when someone should commit suicide. No slippery slope there, not at all.

RetiredGySgt

Did you read the link?

As with abortion, its none of your business.

You can do what you wish with your own body but what others choose to do with theirs is none of your business.
Ok, when the Government starts deciding that at a certain age you are no longer of use to society and arrange your "suicide" don't complain. When Doctors and the Government decide certain ailments and diseases are not worth paying for and order that "suicide" for your own good, don't complain.

Wrong a baby can survive at 16 weeks.

Maryland doctor Lawrence Egbert loses license for assisting the suicide of 6 people

Egbert's license was revoked by the Maryland Board of Physicians on Dec. 12 after being accused of assisting six people in committing suicide.

BY Alejandro Alba

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 2:32 PM

AP Lawrence Egbert, former Maryland doctor, was revoked of his license after being accused of assisting the suicice of six people in Maryland.
The Maryland Board of Physicians revoked the license of doctor Lawrence Egbert after he was accused of assisting in the suicide of six Maryland people who weren't terminally ill.

Egbert was part of the Final Exit Network, a national right-to-die organization that offers help to terminally ill patients who want to commit suicide.

The board ruled Dec. 12 that Egbert's actions were unprofessional. Egbert broke a Maryland state law against participating in a suicide.

"It is undisputed that Dr. Egbert participated in six suicides in the state of Maryland as either a Senior Exit Guide or as a members only exit guide," the Maryland Board of Physicians said in its findings.

Egbert would personally attend each session and hold his patients hands, both for comfort and to make sure they didn't remove the helium hoods they placed over their heads. Suicide paraphernalia was then disposed of to get rid of incriminating evidence and make the death seem natural, according to a report from the board.

One of his patients was an 85-year-old woman who had a history of diabetes, coronary artery disease and depression, but her death certificate said she died of heart failure.

Another patient was an 87-year-old woman with depression, but her death certificate said she died of cardiovascular disease.

Doctor-assisted suicide is legal in Montana, Oregon and Washington.

IMO, one's body should be under the control of its owner. If you want to check out, its no one's business but yours.

More at the link.
murders 6 and only loses his license b/c he's white

a black dr woulda been shot "resisting arrest"

:bs1:

Who said they were suffering from depression???
I don't know about y'all, but I don't plan to reach 87 or 90 years old...hell, not even 75. No way do I want to be stuffed into a state run old folks home with strangers wiping my ass. I ain't depressed either. Just don't wanna live like that, thankyouverymuch.
I won't rely on a doc, though. I'll do it myself without any help.

None of what you posted negates my post.

Your drowning in denial doesn't negate the facts that I provided.

Prove it!

Forum List

Back