What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think the person needs to serve in the military to be president

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Reaction score
I mean he is the commander and chief of the military. Dont you think he should know something about the military before signing any orders to send our troops off to war??? And yes Bush served in the National guards before you liberal asses say anything:eusa_whistle:

IHBF

Rookie
Reaction score
Although I don't think it should be required, I feel a Commander-in-Cheif would be more qualified with even a nominal amount of military experience.

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No

Auxous

Rookie
Reaction score
And yes Bush served in the National guards before you liberal asses say anything:eusa_whistle:

With all of his experience, he turned out to be one of the worst CiC in US history.

If you have a problem with someone being President who wasn't in the military, then you are going to have to change the Constitution. Perhaps, you should be making less posts about this and be writing to your Congress person.

Mr. Shaman

Reaction score
I mean he is the commander and chief of the military. Dont you think he should know something about the military before signing any orders to send our troops off to war??? And yes Bush served in the National guards before you liberal asses say anything:eusa_whistle:

bush_serving_beer.jpg

The FEW....The CODDLED....The RICH!!!

The Champagne Unit!!!

Love them CHICKENHAWKShttp://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html....

.....do ya', Lovebears65??????

handjob.gif

oreo

Gold Member
Reaction score

No--I do not believe it should be a mandatory requirement to serve in the military for President. We have had great Presidents in this nation that never did do any military time.

However, unlike the clown we have in the oval office right now--our prior President's actually recognized who our enemies were.

$gather-the-martyrs.gif

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score

There are only three requirements for President...everything else is just the voter's preferences.

Political Junky

Gold Member
Reaction score
Our founders wanted a civilian to be commander in chief. FDR did a hell of a job in WW2.

Caroljo

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes i do think they should...if they're going to send our kids off to possibly get killed, i want him or her to know what they're doing and have experienced it. But i know that's impossible especially since we haven't had a draft in so many years, many people haven't served.

Reaction score
Our founders wanted a civilian to be commander in chief. FDR did a hell of a job in WW2.

The OP didn't say serving military, dumbass.

Personally, I would probably consider favorably someone with military experience. It is not a prerequisite for me, but it certainly is worthwhile experience for a CiC.

Mr. Shaman

Reaction score

No--I do not believe it should be a mandatory requirement to serve in the military for President. We have had great Presidents in this nation that never did do any military time.

However, unlike the clown we have in the oval office right now--our prior President's actually recognized who our enemies were.
Yeah....

CORPORATE AMERICA!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY]Eisenhower warns us of the military industrial complex. - YouTube[/ame]​

Political Junky

Gold Member
Reaction score

tonystewart1

VIP Member
Reaction score
It would not hurt.

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Reaction score

You have 200 plus years of presidents some of whom served, some of whom didn't, to analyse and figure out if there's any measurable difference in the quality of presidential service, veterans vs. non-veterans.

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No, of course not.

masquerade

positivity
Reaction score
Although I don't think it should be required, I feel a Commander-in-Cheif would be more qualified with even a nominal amount of military experience.

Agreed. A degree in economics or accounting or business management wouldn't be bad either.

Douger

Rookie
Reaction score
Of course not. Rich kids seldom serve. You assholes won't vote for anyone but fatcats.

💲 Amazon Deals 💲

Forum List