Do you think the lefts new cultural standards are going to become the norm?

Nearly each day we hear about some high profile or media personality being canceled for something they said or did in their distant past. People having their lives turned upside down because of things they said or did as a teenager or young adult. You know, that point in ALL OUR LIVES where we say or do stupid shit in a rebellious manner as we all seek out our own individualism/identity. Something that the new left seem to find HIGHLY offensive (individualism)

Just imagine us if we were younger and the internet existed during our formative years.

Most of us were fully grown by the time the internet came around but what would happen if our identities and posts on USMB were exposed and connected to us as individuals?
Our online personas do not define who we are. For me they are a mere outlet to be snarky without the chance that anyone actually gets personally injured or offended. Yeah, I have some opinions that don't mesh with others. We all do. At some point the pendulum will swing back and YOU may wind up on the cancel block. Our individualism is what makes us a unique species. Seeking to destroy that will lead to our downfall.

Can we recover from this cancer that is currently consuming us?
Define normal .
For starters we should be focusing on one's qualifications for jobs/positions not their skin tone, nationality or gender. We have taken the quota system and turned it on its head. While it may have started under the best of intentions we have bastardized it beyond recognition
How much has it kept you from earning a living?
I bid the contract for the bathrooms at the new airport but because I lacked minorities on my crew I was not qualified.
But this isn't just about me or you.
I never had any problems hiring minorities was you not able to find any?
I can tell you about the unwritten system that does keep people like you and me from those elevated positions that I did shoot for but fell short because I failed to play their game or have any assets they deemed desirable.
While doing the hud projects in downtown kc a couple decades ago I was required to have 10% minorities on my crews. Yes, it was very hard to get qualified help. Most of the time it was a revolving door of new hires that simply didn't show up after a few days. And HUD inspectors walked the project every few days with a clipboard looking for compliance violations. My lowest paid position was 16.00 to push a broom and that was about 20 years ago so it's not like I was paying a shit wage.
The problem on this bid was I did not have an existing crew to pass their standards. I would have hired after being awarded the bid.

Nearly each day we hear about some high profile or media personality being canceled for something they said or did in their distant past. People having their lives turned upside down because of things they said or did as a teenager or young adult. You know, that point in ALL OUR LIVES where we say or do stupid shit in a rebellious manner as we all seek out our own individualism/identity. Something that the new left seem to find HIGHLY offensive (individualism)

Just imagine us if we were younger and the internet existed during our formative years.

Most of us were fully grown by the time the internet came around but what would happen if our identities and posts on USMB were exposed and connected to us as individuals?
Our online personas do not define who we are. For me they are a mere outlet to be snarky without the chance that anyone actually gets personally injured or offended. Yeah, I have some opinions that don't mesh with others. We all do. At some point the pendulum will swing back and YOU may wind up on the cancel block. Our individualism is what makes us a unique species. Seeking to destroy that will lead to our downfall.

That's a really good question. I don't know. I never know, but I can say that people never fail to surprise me.

I think a lot of people face crisis with the mindset of 'well, this happened and this is where we are till things get to back to normal.'

Looking to the past, we never really goes back to "normal". whatever that means. Individuals maybe, but not the collective hive.
I did notice a lack of the "Bee hive" hairdos from then.

Define normal .
For starters we should be focusing on one's qualifications for jobs/positions not their skin tone, nationality or gender. We have taken the quota system and turned it on its head. While it may have started under the best of intentions we have bastardized it beyond recognition
I bid the contract for the bathrooms at the new airport but because I lacked minorities on my crew I was not qualified.
I can tell you about the unwritten system that does keep people like you and me from those elevated positions that I did shoot for but fell short because I failed to play their game or have any assets they deemed desirable.
While doing the hud projects in downtown kc a couple decades ago I was required to have 10% minorities on my crews. Yes, it was very hard to get qualified help. Most of the time it was a revolving door of new hires that simply didn't show up after a few days. And HUD inspectors walked the project every few days with a clipboard looking for compliance violations. My lowest paid position was 16.00 to push a broom and that was about 20 years ago so it's not like I was paying a shit wage.
The problem on this bid was I did not have an existing crew to pass their standards. I would have hired after being awarded the bid.
I didn't like doing govt. work either because of the red tape so I did the highway patrol's building in Vinita, Ok and went back to working small jobs.

Um...I'm still seeking out and doing stupid shit out in a rebellious manner. Why? What have you heard? -she asked jokingly.

I want to say yes we can over come it but that isn't what I am seeing.

It's currently being used as a tool to intimidate others for their political points of view. I think part of the ability to fight back against this is to continue to post on forums like this instead of places like Mother Jones, newspapers, or anything receiving certain funding from organizations that push for a specific narrative.

What does anyone win by completely destroying another IRL?

Last edited:

Define normal .
I didn't like doing govt. work either because of the red tape so I did the highway patrol's building in Vinita, Ok and went back to working small jobs.
The money was too good to pass up. The headaches are real but the pay was good.

Define normal .
hahhahahahah-it's fking up the country
...LOOK at the Dems cities = all fkd up
we have a DUMBASS racist as VP that most people did not even want

Define normal .
The pay was great but it was a full time job dealing with the govt. and the contractors. I never understood why when bidding a job you had to send in specs on a mix that is used daily at job sites all over the US to the architect engineer for approval.

Define normal .
..wages will be going down and prices higher = it's already started-DUH

Define normal .
hahhahahahah-it's fking up the country
...LOOK at the Dems cities = all fkd up
we have a DUMBASS racist as VP that most people did not even want
I haven't wanted what they have offered my entire voting life they are all the same and do the same things over and over.

Define normal .
The pay was great but it was a full time job dealing with the govt. and the contractors. I never understood why when bidding a job you had to send in specs on a mix that is used daily at job sites all over the US to the architect engineer for approval.
The worst was when they caught an employee handling material he wasn't paid to handle. Then his daily wages would have to reflect the material he was handling. OSHA standards suck ass

Of course, generalities lend themselves to dogmatic ideological pronouncements, and the devil is, as ever, in the details. Ultimately, it is not the "gotcha!" revelations of sensationalistic journalism, but the public that decides whether such improprieties are youthful indiscretions or indicative of enduring iniquitous notions.

I have no problem with having instances of indecorum revealed if the alternative is that public figures should be accorded the privilege of having their juvenile gaffes censored or suppressed by a complicit media.

The truth is what it is. How it is received is a matter that I trust people to decide.

Define normal .
The worst was when they caught an employee handling material he wasn't paid to handle. Then his daily wages would have to reflect the material he was handling. OSHA standards suck ass
And the jacks had to have railing so people wouldn't fall off. Shouldn't they know better than to fall off? I managed to work on them for forty years and never once forgot not to fall off.

I really enjoyed construction before they regulated it all and hell you could do it without insurance or paying taxes That was the 1970's, 1980's and 1990's.

Define normal .

So hopelessly frustrating, ain't it? Over time, I've been the "boss" a lot of times. That quota crap drove me crazy. I can't hire blacks if no blacks apply. I can't continue with their employment if they works a few hours or days, then quit.

ACK!

Do you think the lefts new cultural standards are going to become the norm?
NO!
There’s a super bizarre trend sweeping the nation right now....This hip to be fucked in the head and pretend dark people are America’s greatest asset can’t last...Reality lurks just around the corner and it will smack these woke whackos in the face soon enough.
The Lefts “cultural standards” don’t work ANYWHERE they are practiced. You’ll find mass divide, decay, degradation, violent crime, homelessness and extreme poverty in ALL disgusting leftist shitholes....Is this a coincidence...FUCK NO!

Forum List

Back