Do you think of Austrians as gay if you dont know truly who they are does that just sound gay?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
Sasha Baron Cohen, made a movie, a character Brüno, where he is a gay Austrian fashion model who goes to the USA to get famous. I wonder why he picked the character to be Austrian, does Austrian just sound gay if you dont truly know who they are?

Sasha Baron Cohen, made a movie, a character Brüno, where he is a gay Austrian fashion model who goes to the USA to get famous. I wonder why he picked the character to be Austrian, does Austrian just sound gay if you dont truly know who they are?

No.

Mortimer. . . for most of the folks on this forum, the person that most exemplifies in American popular culture for Hollywood at least, for posters in this generation, on this forum?

. . is this guy . . .

1239203.jpg

Now, my kid is 18, and if I asked him, who in Hollywood do you think best is a stereo-typical idea of what we think of as coming from Austria. . . even he, as young as he is?

EVEN HE KNOWS, and love this guys shit.

All when he was growing up. . . it was. . .

Get_20to_20the_20Choppa.JPG

No, nobody here thinks of Austrians as gay.

Im not offending or mongering against Austrians, Im just curious why Borat picked Brüno to be Austrian. But all explanations and answers are welcomed. Now I know it is not the case. But it could have been. Why is Brüno Austrian? Thats what I wondered.

Mortimer. . . for most of the folks on this forum, the person that most exemplifies in American popular culture for Hollywood at least, for posters in this generation, on this forum?

. . is this guy . . .

1239203.jpg

Now, my kid is 18, and if I asked him, who in Hollywood do you think best is a stereo-typical idea of what we think of as coming from Austria. . . even he, as young as he is?

Im not offending or mongering against Austrians, Im just curious why Borat picked Brüno to be Austrian. But all explanations and answers are welcomed. Now I know it is not the case. But it could have been. Why is Brüno Austrian? Thats what I wondered.

. . is this guy . . .

1239203.jpg

Who cares?

There are gay folks in every nation.

I never saw the movie. Personally, I think the guy is a degenerate, purposely causing folks to dislike one another, regardless of who they are, or what their POV is.

I think I once was bored and that movie. . . um, Borat? It was free to watch when I had used to have Netflix, so I checked it out. . . turned it off half way through. It was just boring and depressing.

Why do that to yourself?

This is a quote from the Buddha, see if you can understand it.

" Whatever a monk keeps pursuing with his thinking and pondering, that becomes the inclination of his awareness. If a monk keeps pursuing thinking imbued with sensuality, abandoning thinking imbued with renunciation, his mind is bent by that thinking imbued with sensuality. If a monk keeps pursuing thinking imbued with ill will, abandoning thinking imbued with non-ill will, his mind is bent by that thinking imbued with ill will. If a monk keeps pursuing thinking imbued with harmfulness, abandoning thinking imbued with harmlessness, his mind is bent by that thinking imbued with harmfulness. "

Forum List

Back