Do you think America over-reacted to covid? Are we still nearly hysterical?

I think there was an over-reaction and the economy should not have shut down as it did

some jobs, I've heard, are permanently lost

97% survive

it's like shutting down the economy over the flu
Flu never took out 3% of the country in a year and 2/3.

The number is actually above 98% who survive. The actions of western governments prove they are using this pandemic to reset the economy of the world and setting up a more rigid structure for control and diminution of freedoms. They won't stop until the economy has completely collapsed and millions are in hunger and desperation. Once that goal is achieved, they know that people will be more willing to accept the loss of freedoms in return for some return to "normal".
I've thought this kind of thing.. but.. well, theree are people trying to prevent disaster from happening... Ted Cruz...

Flu never took out 3% of the country in a year and 2/3.
You really aren't looking at the facts. But then again, no one will ever know what the actual facts are.

Here are the stats that the CDC have posted:
Slightly less than 80% of all of the deaths are over the age of retirement.
Deaths weren't cleared of other factors. Cancer but had covid? Yep, covid death. Had a crash on your motorcycle but had covid? Covid death. 89 year old lady with a heart issue but had covid? Covid death. Smoked 3 packs of cigs a day and were 400 pounds? Covid death.

We will never uncover all of the facts but the stupid left will die in a panic while cowered in the corner wearing a mask with a hole in it so that you can smoke those cigs and eat those moon pies.

Those elitist that went to expensive private schools because they are smarter than everyone else made the rules to follow....

Misunderstood, thought I was just not arguing, you saying 97% survived.
Na. I get it. It's an emotional thing to see news reports about hospitals filling up and people dying (carefully choreographed and worded, if you look closely). I GET IT!

Emotions are not always a good way toward making decisions, though. And that's why...this is a perfect opportunity to institute my new brand of leadership. Just hand over all your freedoms and I will set you free and keep you safe! Just do exactly what I tell you, now little one.

Na. I get it. It's an emotional thing to see news reports about hospitals filling up and people dying (carefully choreographed and worded, if you look closely). I GET IT!

Emotions are not always a good way toward making decisions, though. And that's why...this is a perfect opportunity to institute my new brand of leadership. Just hand over all your freedoms and I will set you free and keep you safe! Just do exactly what I tell you, now little one.
What freedoms?

I think there was an over-reaction and the economy should not have shut down as it did

some jobs, I've heard, are permanently lost

97% survive

it's like shutting down the economy over the flu
And all the hyperventilating by the Left and their collaborators in the media about the way Texas and Florida were handing the virus has backfired , their numbers dipped. All the while the fascists running Democrat states and cities are still persecuting and oppressing their people.

If you took away the Dementocraps and their bullshit propaganda and lies.....
Took away the lying media and their continuous stream of coercion, propaganda, goading, and inciting the lunatic fringe of sheeples to stay at 100% psycho.......
Took away all the conspiracy tards and their 24/7 stream of unrelenting lunacy.............

America would have been back to usual by the fall of 2020.

Just like the AIDS frenzy........it came and went. No mandates were made, no psycho propaganda was spewed by the lying/hypocritical media playing both sides, and people were forced into taking a toxic and potentially deadly drug. Americans were let alone to manage themselves. We were given the facts, the resources if needed, and how to avoid AIDS.

WE survived without politically deranged megalomaniacal Dementocraps trying to obliterate the country, the laws, and the people. WE got back to living our lives after the first year of "the AIDS scare". WE, THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, MANAGED OURSELVES WITHOUT GOVERNMENTAL INTERFERENCE!!
Just as we have done through wars, shootings, famine, recessions, depressions, and deadly viruses.

If it weren't for the interference of all the evil, corrupt, vile, despicable, and nefarious Dementocraps and their evil lapdogs called "the media"...........WE, THE PEOPLE, would have already gotten back to being "normal", and the country would have been back to being "as usual".

WE THE PEOPLE as a WHOLE, have proven many times over, and over, and over again.......that WE CAN MANAGE OURSELVES without the interference of corrupt government. But the Dementocraps know this, and cannot stand it. So now they've FORCED themselves on us. They are following in Hitlers footsteps. The Dementocraps holocaust is here, in the form of a "vaccine".

We either fight back and destroy them, or we end up homeless, jobless, or just plain dead. Because if they aren't stopped soon, there won't be any coming back from the death and destruction of The 4th Reich!!

Heil the 4th Reich.jpg

3% of the country is about 10 million people.
I didn't come up with the 97% figure. You di. I just subtracted from a 100%.

Aside from nut balls, that we get to read about on the internet, how many people you met that seem hysterical about it? Most people I know have either had it, got vaccinated for it, or both. I haven't actually seen any of these nut balls, and we've been out and about and on vacations since April of 2020. Maybe they're out there and maybe just a small minority that gets easily shook.

I didn't come up with the 97% figure. You di. I just subtracted from a 100%.

Aside from nut balls, that we get to read about on the internet, how many people you met that seem hysterical about it? Most people I know have either had it, got vaccinated for it, or both. I haven't actually seen any of these nut balls, and we've been out and about and on vacations since April of 2020. Maybe they're out there and maybe just a small minority that gets easily shook.
So there's no problem with shutting down the fire departments in New York City because half of the men and women refuse to get vaccinated? No, right, that's not hysterical behavior on the part of the city, that's just "whatever, dude. burn your house down and die, i don't care".

And all the hyperventilating by the Left and their collaborators in the media about the way Texas and Florida were handing the virus has backfired , their numbers dipped. All the while the fascists running Democrat states and cities are still persecuting and oppressing their people.
Yes. Texas only led the nation today with 223 deaths today. A drop in the bucket for Texans, I'm sure. Not like they had 223 die today from syphilis or automobile accidents or gun violence. Nothing to see here. Move along.

120.2 Million​

Estimated Total Infections

101.8 Million​

Estimated Symptomatic Illnesses

6.2 Million​

Estimated Hospitalizations

767,000​

Estimated Total Deaths

99.4%

Is my math wrong?

Please explain how

Your math is wrong because the Estimated Symptomatic Illnesses are not included in the death rate for any type of death, including COVID.

Forum List

Back