Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Polygyny

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I’m for promiscuity!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Against the polygamy

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Most churches and the government (whoops!) agree that one must be single to marry. That kind of rules out polygamy but it is just more interference by the government. At least those under 18 and animals are safe - they cannot give lawful consent.

I never thought of that. Very few species live to be 18 years old. Isn't there certain types of tortoises than live as long as 200 years? I suppose they are eligible.

So next we’ll face this, plural marriage. I feel I want it, I feel I’m polyamorous and I want to have at least two wives. Are there some points in plural marriage that are completely unacceptable to you? Are you for or against?

Rings.jpg
"Polygamy" and "plural marriage" aren't the same thing, the former is merely living together, the latter is bigamy and illegal.
Illegal for now. But if marriage is a right for all, there is no logic under which these bigamy laws can be maintained.

I only take honest women who come up to me and tell me it is my turn to use them seriously when they "harass" me for a serious relationship, afterward.

sorry chics, i had a "policy of truth" in my youth.

I don't plan on ever getting married. I don't care AT ALL who does, to whom, or to how many. Their business is their business, not mine.

So next we’ll face this, plural marriage. I feel I want it, I feel I’m polyamorous and I want to have at least two wives. Are there some points in plural marriage that are completely unacceptable to you? Are you for or against?

Rings.jpg

Sure, why not. Now that traditional marriage has been redefined and lost it's original meaning, why deny others who love one-another the legal right to plural marriage. :eusa_think:

Rings.jpg

Just a couple of questions for now. You said that you are for polyamory but that is not listed as a choice in the poll. You do know that it is different than polygamy, right? Also, you list "promiscuity " as a choice as though it is mutually exclusive from the other choices. One may be or not be promiscuous regardless of the type of marriage one is in. Just curious about what you are thinking.

Rings.jpg

If you truly believe in "equality" and you truly believe that "marriage" is a "right", then they should back this as well..

But for most it was not about a "right" is was about a political agenda, so you will suddenly see those that once claimed marriage is a :right" on this issue claim that marriage is NOT a "right"..

Don't be too sure of that. I for one, who supports same sex marriage would not be inclined to stand in the way. Anyone who want's plural marriage is free to purse the right to enter into one through legislation or court action. I do however see it as a separate issue with different implications for society. If it ends up in court, states would then have to articulate a rational basis-if not a compelling government interest in banning plural marriages. They failed that test with gay marriage. It would be interesting to see how this would play out.

Rings.jpg

Can you convince the courts that polygamy is sufficient similar to monogamy to entitle it to equal protection under the law?

Perhaps we will find out in time

Pfft...making one woman happy is enough of a pain in the ass let alone two or more. If a man wants to bring that headache upon himself he gets everything he deserves. :lol: The main problems I have with polygamy is that usually the wives that are not legally married claim welfare because it's the only way to support such a large family. So taxpayers end up supporting them. In polygamous communities there are too many boys because all the girls are married off to fewer men and the boys get thrown out of the community and on to the streets. They are what are known as the "lost boys". Solve those two problems and if you want the nightmare of dealing with multiple women good luck to you. One is plenty for me. I don't have the patience or the energy to deal with more than that. :lol:

Rings.jpg

Just a couple of questions for now. You said that you are for polyamory but that is not listed as a choice in the poll. You do know that it is different than polygamy, right? Also, you list "promiscuity " as a choice as though it is mutually exclusive from the other choices. One may be or not be promiscuous regardless of the type of marriage one is in. Just curious about what you are thinking.

I wondered the same about the promiscuity thingy. :lol: How is that comparable to the other things listed? I don't know. :confused:

Pfft...making one woman happy is enough of a pain in the ass let alone two or more. If a man wants to bring that headache upon himself he gets everything he deserves. :lol: The main problems I have with polygamy is that usually the wives that are not legally married claim welfare because it's the only way to support such a large family. So taxpayers end up supporting them. In polygamous communities there are too many boys because all the girls are married off to fewer men and the boys get thrown out of the community and on to the streets. They are what are known as the "lost boys". Solve those two problems and if you want the nightmare of dealing with multiple women good luck to you. One is plenty for me. I don't have the patience or the energy to deal with more than that. :lol:

Oh, as if you men are all peaches and cream, right? :D Why would any woman want more than one man, so she could be a maid and cook (basically a surrogate mom) for multiple men?

I don't see the benefits of polyandry to society unless the male becomes infertile.

I voted for polygyny but I think it should be limited to 2 or 3 wives at the most.

4 or more just seems irresponsible.

Maybe make multiple marriages mandatory!

But open up the multiple concept. Allow, for example, one to marry three women and allow each of the three women to marry several other men each. They they can form a commune and..............

Oh wait, there are already cults doing that but Janet Reno is nowhere to be found so they all are still alive.

I don't see the benefits of polyandry to society unless the male becomes infertile.

I voted for polygyny but I think it should be limited to 2 or 3 wives at the most.

4 or more just seems irresponsible.

Be real. Most women are not going to choose to be in this type of relationship.

I believe it is fairly common in the Muslim world. Since there are approximately 1 billion Muslims in the world there are probably at least 17 women who are part of a plural marriage.

Forum List

Back