Do you support a Women's right to abort a pregnancy the result of rape or incest?

yes, but in 95% of abortion cases that are not related to any of these red herrings, no

I may disagree on moral grounds, but it is her right and I would in no way interfere with her right to do so.

I neither support nor oppose someone who is the victim of a crime doing whatever they feel the need to do. I support trying the responsible man for murder if it results in an abortion.

I don't think it is a matter of rights to do this or that.
It is a matter of freedom NOT to be coerced this way or that way.

At this point neither prochoice nor prochoice groups promote free choice.
Prolife groups seem more serious about funding alternatives to prevent abortion.

The Nurturing Network is one program that offers better financial and educational/career options, and less coercive choices for women.

Such freedom depends on economic and social resources and choices.
It cannot be legislated by laws.

The rights and freedoms already exist and need not be legislated to be protected.
That just requires respect for rights and freedoms, including and especially the
right not to be raped or abused sexually in the first place!

If you get rid of rape and abuse you will get rid of unwanted pregnancy and abortion.
That is where you will free women, and all others, from coercion and abuse, not by
imposing more laws but respecting the laws rights and freedoms we already have.

I neither support nor oppose someone who is the victim of a crime doing whatever they feel the need to do. I support trying the responsible man for murder if it results in an abortion.

If the abortion wasn't his idea how could you do that? thats dangerous, men from all over the country could get brought up on charges.

I may disagree on moral grounds, but it is her right and I would in no way interfere with her right to do so.

Does the father have any right to determine the fate of his child?

This is a question I have asked and debated many times. The conclusion I have drawn is that only one half of the child's parent's has any rights. Sometimes that even is reflected in child support cases too.

yes, but in 95% of abortion cases that are not related to any of these red herrings, no

I don't know why the left always acts like someone is going to stop people. Abortions are legal, so anyone can get one.

What isn't reasonable is expecting others to pay for it.

And late term abortions are wrong. Even if the woman's life is in danger, they can still attempt to save the fetus rather than kill it. Late term abortions are more dangerous than just allowing the baby to be born. They induce labor and stop midway to kill the baby before it's completely born. That increases risk. I just wish they'd stop claiming the only reason for those is to save the mother's life when clearly it is not.

The left will always accuse the right of denying things simply because we think people should pay for what they want and not send us the bill. The majority of abortions are elective, not to mention preventable. If more had to face consequences of their actions, like struggling to pay a bill over a few years time, they might be more careful in the future. Most people learn from their mistakes.

We get the same argument, which is if we don't pay for birth control or abortions, then we'll be stuck with the cost of raising the child. I just love how they come out and say, more or less, that many women are losers who can't make good decisions and we are on the hook no matter what. By expecting us to pay for abortions, they are merely doing us a favor by saving us money. Where is the incentive for women to be more conscientious when liberals go out of their way to ensure that these women don't ever have to take personal responsibility for their own lives?

"Does the father have any right to determine the fate of his child?"

Since the OP is regarding rape or incest, I would say NO.

Of course. I think the discussion was an offshoot of the rights mothers have versus fathers when the fathers are not rapists.

Forum List

Back