Do you read a newspaper?

Do you read a newspaper daily/regularly? IF so, which one?

• Total voters

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
This AM I got curious how many people here read a newspaper daily or so. So often the conservatives will cite something that appeared in a newspaper and the lefties will want proof of that. If they simply read a reputable paper they would know about it already.

I don't read a physical newspaper any more. I do when I'm up in Canada, but not normally. I used to read 4 newspapers a day.

Paper is an inefficient way to distribute information.

This AM I got curious how many people here read a newspaper daily or so. So often the conservatives will cite something that appeared in a newspaper and the lefties will want proof of that. If they simply read a reputable paper they would know about it already.
The only sources I see "conservatives" quoting around here are hack partisan sites. Fox News, Breitbart, CNS News, Washington Times, etc.

And I have demonstrated many, many times their sources are full of shit, and yet the rubes keep shoveling their manufactured bullshit into their mouths by the shovelful.

You amuse me.

I don't read a physical newspaper any more. I do when I'm up in Canada, but not normally. I used to read 4 newspapers a day.

Not inefficient. Different.
Because while you might look for an article, there is always the next headline you werent looking for that catches your eye.

The only sources I see "conservatives" quoting around here are hack partisan sites. Fox News, Breitbart, CNS News, Washington Times, etc.

And I have demonstrated many, many times their sources are full of shit, and yet the rubes keep shoveling their manufactured bullshit into their mouths by the shovelful.

You amuse me.
That's all you see because thats all you want to see.
But even when people quote the WashTimes etc all you can do is dismiss it as "right wing hack site". You can never explain why it's wrong.

The Websites I hit every day:

CNN
Ace of Spades HQ
Instapundit.
US Message board

From those I get a good idea of what is going on in the world, and research further if I so choose.

I stopped buying paper newspapers about 3 years ago.

Not inefficient. Different.
Because while you might look for an article, there is always the next headline you werent looking for that catches your eye.

That's true.

What I mean by inefficient is that on the web, news is updated as it happens. For newspapers, it's updated once or maybe twice a day.

Eventually, newspapers will go away and everything will be online.

Except republicans definition for "reputable paper" is undefined

After forty years of reading the Houston Chronicle I'm about to the point of cancelling it.
It gets more liberal everyday,and the flat out lies more frequent.
And good God!!! Can anyone spell anymore? The errors are ridiculous and constant.

I do not read paper anymore. I have news apps on my phone that I check several times each day, such as:

Drudge
Real Clear Politics
Politico
Washington Post
CNN
Fox News
A couple local news sources
TownHall
CNBC
Bloomburg
AP

I admit that I get a lot of my news, if not most, from these sources.

Wow thats sort of intereting. I figured people under 30 didnt read them. But here are people way older than that already ditching paper.
I dont know what I would do without breakfast over the WSJ.

Wow thats sort of intereting. I figured people under 30 didnt read them. But here are people way older than that already ditching paper.
I dont know what I would do without breakfast over the WSJ.

I think what goes through my little brain is that printed news can be "old". Revisions or breaking news can happen within minutes online, and I guess I'm thinking that I don't want to be behind.

Either way, it's habit now to sweep the internet for the latest news. Also the financial sites I'm usually on will include breaking news.

Forum List

Back