Do you know the left do not know (or care) that natives were also slave owners?

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
512KiCXHiuL.jpg

Black Slaves, Indian Masters: Slavery, Emancipation, and Citizenship in the Native American South, by Barbara Krauthamer (2013)

by Nakia Parker

For decades, scholars peered at the painful and complex topic of American slavery through a purely “black-white” lens—in other words, black slaves who had white masters. The sad reality that some Native Americans, (in particular, the Creek, Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, and Seminole, or “the Five Tribes”) also participated in chattel and race-based slavery, was rarely acknowledged in the historical annals. Only in the latter part of the 20th century did historians begin to address this oversight. Several groundbreaking studies recognized the momentous repercussions of this practice for Native and African American populations alike during the antebellum era and down to the present day.

Barbara Krauthamer, a professor of Native American and African American history at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, adds an exhaustive and compelling contribution to the research in this area.The first full-length monograph chronicling chattel slavery in the Choctaw and Chickasaw Nations, Krauthamer amply demonstrates how both before and after the era of Indian Removal in the mid-nineteenth century slavery also intersected with issues of race and gender in complicated ways.

Black Slaves, Indian Masters: Slavery, Emancipation, and Citizenship in the Native American South, by Barbara Krauthamer (2013)

More truth that the left will reject. Or link it all to the white Christian male.

We all know the left could not care less about slavery, since they do not say a thing about slavery today. You know the black tribes in Africa who own slaves today? Those.

Last edited:
Our resident Injun, Lakhota, was shocked when I pointed this out to him awhile back....he was also flabbergasted the Native Americans pretty much aligned themselves with the Confederacy

Our resident Injun, Lakhota, was shocked when I pointed this out to him awhile back....he was also flabbergasted the Native Americans pretty much aligned themselves with the Confederacy
I think he is a she. Unless she was born a he. If so, then he could never be a she, no matter how much he prefers to be a she.

I think he is a she though.

I think he is a she. Unless she was born a he. If so, then he could never be a she, no matter how much he prefers to be a she.

I think he is a she though.

It can be anything it identifies as..so sayeth the left loons

512KiCXHiuL.jpg

by Nakia Parker

For decades, scholars peered at the painful and complex topic of American slavery through a purely “black-white” lens—in other words, black slaves who had white masters. The sad reality that some Native Americans, (in particular, the Creek, Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, and Seminole, or “the Five Tribes”) also participated in chattel and race-based slavery, was rarely acknowledged in the historical annals. Only in the latter part of the 20th century did historians begin to address this oversight. Several groundbreaking studies recognized the momentous repercussions of this practice for Native and African American populations alike during the antebellum era and down to the present day.

Barbara Krauthamer, a professor of Native American and African American history at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, adds an exhaustive and compelling contribution to the research in this area.The first full-length monograph chronicling chattel slavery in the Choctaw and Chickasaw Nations, Krauthamer amply demonstrates how both before and after the era of Indian Removal in the mid-nineteenth century slavery also intersected with issues of race and gender in complicated ways.

More truth that the left will reject. Or link it all to the white Christian male.

We all know the left could not care less about slavery, since they do not say a thing about slavery today. You know the black tribes in Africa who own slaves today? Those.

Actually, it isn't that the left doesn't care.

I think this is a generational thing. It isn't that anything has been hidden from world view. It's that you have an entire group of people that don't know and didn't care and all of a sudden become extremely passionate when they pick up a damn book.
"Still wearing the badges of slavery...... ...Este-Vpuekv..."

It's always a ZOMG, DIDJA KNOW moment.

512KiCXHiuL.jpg

by Nakia Parker

I think this is a generational thing. It isn't that anything has been hidden from world view. It's that you have an entire group of people that don't know and didn't care and all of a sudden become extremely passionate when they pick up a damn book.

Hypocrisy: can be defined as SELECTIVE outrage.

The very notion that the left are slectively outraged about anything, and they are selectively outraged about everything, means everything they claim to stand is nothing political activism disguised as caring.

The saddest ones are the ones that do care. The ones that do care need to be PC. If they hold black people for instance to account for their racist crimes, they are totally shunned. Why?

Cause everything the demented left cry, cause violence, and destruction about are lies. It PROVES they have no principles. It PROVES they stand for nothing.

If, there was an actual LIBERAL (nearly all of them are marxist sheep) that actually gave up their home to a native cause they felt that it belongs to them, I might even shake that persons hand. Out of respect for doing what they say they stand for.

None of them do. They all drive cars and use ALL of the products produced by petroleum.....

You get the idea. I have tried it before and I will try it again. I curse too much and I need to stop. I try to add humor but that is just an excuse.

I will attempt again to be as respectful as I can. The fact is they are pawns and the worst ones are the ones who truly and arrogantly make themselves out to be so smart. All while displaying that selective outrage of theirs every day.

They don't have us fooled.

The left thinks slave owners were conservative anx they all switched parties in the 60s. They have no clue

512KiCXHiuL.jpg

by Nakia Parker

Hypocrisy: can be defined as SELECTIVE outrage.

The very notion that the left are slectively outraged about anything, and they are selectively outraged about everything, means everything they claim to stand is nothing political activism disguised as caring.

The saddest ones are the ones that do care. The ones that do care need to be PC. If they hold black people for instance to account for their racist crimes, they are totally shunned. Why?

Cause everything the demented left cry, cause violence, and destruction about are lies. It PROVES they have no principles. It PROVES they stand for nothing.

If, there was an actual LIBERAL (nearly all of them are marxist sheep) that actually gave up their home to a native cause they felt that it belongs to them, I might even shake that persons hand. Out of respect for doing what they say they stand for.

None of them do. They all drive cars and use ALL of the products produced by petroleum.....

You get the idea. I have tried it before and I will try it again. I curse too much and I need to stop. I try to add humor but that is just an excuse.

I will attempt again to be as respectful as I can. The fact is they are pawns and the worst ones are the ones who truly and arrogantly make themselves out to be so smart. All while displaying that selective outrage of theirs every day.

They don't have us fooled.

Selective outrage is more a response to propaganda. It is hypocrisy. Getting that immediate unthinking response has been perfected and can be done with something as simple as a meme. Anger addiction. It has been used to generate a response at different times on the right and the left.

Too, I don't know if you noticed but in any debate (lately) there tends to be a focus on one particular group within a group. For example, all Black people live in the ghetto and are involved in gangs. I find that offensive. Equally, all tribes are the same. No. One would think people would have figured out some tribes want to drill for oil. Each tribe is a nation and they negotiate with the federal government as individual nations.

There are those people that have never heard this history and are SHOCKED and think nobody else has ever seen this information because it is new to them. Differentiating between them is difficult at first but the rubber meets the road when they do or don't pursue the topic themselves----outside of their comfort zone.

The fact that there were tribes that engaged in slavery isn't new. The Cherokee Nation was slammed a few years ago with lawsuits regarding full citizenship AND Benefits for descendant's of Cherokee Freedman due to a treaty.

I don't expect much. Anymore.

Why should it come as a surprise that Native Indians from North and South America enslaved each other? Every culture in human history enslaved another culture at one time or another.

Forum List

Back