Do You Have A Reliable Source For That!!

How often do we hear that in here?

We post something from the Washington Times or through Drudge to the AP or from Fox because, well, the truth is -- the LSM won't.

They just won't.

Sure, they'll have it on their website as 'raw feed' from the wire services. Who doesn't? Every two-bit media outlet in the World that subscribes (a PAID service) to the AP, BBC, UPI, the Slimes, Reuters or whatever will have it somewhere on the website.

Sometimes -- The even (gasp!) print it in the viewspaper....... In section F, page 17, right below the article on how to shampoo your Poodle.

But when it comes to TV, nobody on the dim side EVER questions them.

By God, if it was on the Nightly Freaking News, then it's the BY GOD TRUTH and no amount of arguing, cajoling or fact-finding will change thier minds.

You wonder why dims are so wrong so often and so misled all the time.....?

It's their choice. They don't HAVE to get their views/news from the alphabet media and Comedy Central. They CHOOSE to.

So they, in effect, CHOOSE to be uninformed and stupid.

Here's your 'reliable source' dims

He’s Back! NBC Rats Out Brian Williams On 11 Lies…

Just call him the Rocket Man.

Via Inquisitr

A review of NBC anchorman Brian Williams’ journalistic exploits has put a number to his fibs. So far, the tally stands at 11 different occasions he fell short of telling the whole truth, and the investigation isn’t done.

In an interesting twist, it appears that the NBC News staff was aware of Williams’ fibbing — they even pointed out specific incidents for in-house investigators to look deeper into, the New York Times reported.

These include the lie that first unraveled Williams’ position as NBC anchorman and led to his suspension — a 2003 incident in Iraq in which Brian claimed he was in a helicopter damaged by rocket fire.

But now, the public can add these lies to their laundry list: a missile attack on a different helicopter in Iraq in 2006; the story about how he got a piece of the helicopter that crashed during the assassination of Osama bin Laden; and one during his reporting of the conflict between Israel and Lebanon in 2006.

That last lie also centered around a helicopter; Brian apparently told a student-run TV station in Connecticut that rockets passed “just beneath” one he was riding in during the conflict. However, he told a different account in a blog, the Washington Post added.

But the investigation has also turned up a brand-new fib, and this one involved his reports from Tahrir Square during the Arab Spring. By Williams’ account, which he told to Jon Stewart on The Daily Show in February of 2011, he was right in the thick of things. Turns out, he was most likely watching from a balcony overlooking the square.

As Brian’s on-air fabrication went, he was amid the violent clashes between protestors and a pro-government group, riding on horses and camels. He claimed he made eye contact with one of these men on a horse, and then said the man used a whip on protestors.

Keep reading
I can't speak for any of the MSNBC and Mediamatters fans on the left...but I am a moderate lefty.

The thing is this.....

You're right to an extent, if I understand your position, that lefties dismiss Fox, Breitbart, Rush, Drudge, and other righty news sources "out of hand"

I have done that too, but I'm resisting the urge to do that.

But what I see as "the problem" isn't what Fox News tells righties, or what MSNBC tells lefties...it what Fox News DOES NOT tell righties, and what MSNBC DOES NOT tell lefties.

These two media sources practice what I call "advocacy pseudo journalism"

If Watergate broke today, and it was Obama who orchestrated a cover up, you would never find a combination of journalists like Woodward and Bernstein...a conservative writer, and a liberal writer...working together for the same news source, to uncover a scandal that would bring down a Presidential administration. Fox won't hire journalists that would attempt to uncover a scandal of that proportion, nor would MSNBC in the reverse.

Going forward with this fact, one might ponder the idea that you'd hear the truth if you believed what Fox says about liberals, and what MSNBC says about conservatives. But we're not that lucky, in my opinion.

If you think Fox is telling you "the truth", there isn't much we have to talk about, and if you think they're dismissed by the left, I'd have to agree...but that doesn't mean we on the left are without good reason to do that

I also agree - to some extent. We have allowed our news system to be bought by foreign interests and it no longer serves the US.

Its fact that Fox is truthful in only 18% of their stories. Only a fool would continue to watch them for a source of news. Its very telling that, even knowing that Fox is not "fair and balanced", accurate and honest, many still watch them. Also telling is that, even though we have seen Brietbart, Limbaugh purposely lie, many still believe them.

MSNBC has very right wing journalists and guests who do hard news during the day. The liberal pundits are in the evening and, unlike Fox, they don't pretend to be anything but what they are.

A huge complaint I have with TV news is that they do a very few stories, over and over and over. If you want a more accurate and inclusive view, go to Al Jazeera and BBC.

We have also seen NBC and CBS lie. When you get exposed for forging or splicing news content like CBS did in the 2004 Elections and NBC did during George Zimmerman trials, you are deemed unreliable. When did Fox present forged documents as authentic or when did Fox splice up 911 George Zimmerman tapes so as to NOT tell the who story? You make these broad brush strokes about Fox, Breitbart, and Limbaugh. Where are your cases and incidents?

If any of ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, PBS, CNN, and MSNBC did their job, there would be no market for Fox.
There is always a market for confirming phantom fears and prejudices.
Fox holds focus groups with multiple demographics to figure out what keeps their target audience tuned in.

Then they produce material that reflects what they've found.

So Fox doesn't brainwash righties, it's product is telling righties what they want to hear, and righty politicians subsidize the product because the target audiences are the same.

As I've posted a gazillion times, the documentary Orwell Rolls In His Grave shows Murdoch and Ailes plotting how to get Americans to believe their lies. They are on camera, telling staff to use the phrase "fair and balanced" repeatedly, even though they say they are anything but. The right says they hate Muslims but its a Muslim who controls what they see on Fox.

Brian Williams lying is shocking and huge news. NBC still have not allowed him to speak about it.

Bill O'Reilly lying, the daily lies from Fox is business as usual and doesn't even generate a blip.

Limbaugh lies a lot and his audience doesn't care. They don't even care that his books to educate children about our Revolution are lies. Brietbart lies a lot and their audience doesn't care.
O'Reilly's lies he told in "Killing Kennedy" have been overlooked.

O'Reilly is the centerpiece of Fox News, and admitting he lied brings down the whole network's credibility

Charge/counter charge.

Accusations met with counter accusations.

dimocraps are scum and not worth the trouble.

Just call them what they are and move on

And let's not forget this lying scumbag of a dimocrap piece of fucking shit.

With New Movie Dan Rather Still Claiming 60 Minutes Bush Story Fake But Accurate Mediaite

And people wonder why FNC is kicking so much ass?

dimocraps AND their LSM are lying scum

period
No one has to wonder anything of the sort when people like you come here and dump the load of rage they accumulated skimming their favorite propaganda sources. Anger short-circuits critical thinking as the people who write for the RW know very well. They give you someone to blame except for yourselves and your terrible choices in leaders.

Gullible's Travels.

And let's not forget this lying scumbag of a dimocrap piece of fucking shit.

With New Movie Dan Rather Still Claiming 60 Minutes Bush Story Fake But Accurate Mediaite

And people wonder why FNC is kicking so much ass?

dimocraps AND their LSM are lying scum

period
FOX is only kicking ass in the strictly cable news network ratings. They beat MSNBC and CNN. CBS, the network Rather worked for is both broadcast and cable news. They are the lowest rated with ABC and NBC. They slaughter FOX. On FOX's best programs and best nights they don't come close to CBS. CBS News beats them by millions of viewers every night.
You live in a delusional fantasy land.

Brian Williams lying is shocking and huge news. NBC still have not allowed him to speak about it.

Bill O'Reilly lying, the daily lies from Fox is business as usual and doesn't even generate a blip.

Limbaugh lies a lot and his audience doesn't care. They don't even care that his books to educate children about our Revolution are lies. Brietbart lies a lot and their audience doesn't care.
O'Reilly's lies he told in "Killing Kennedy" have been overlooked.

O'Reilly is the centerpiece of Fox News, and admitting he lied brings down the whole network's credibility

Ford Theater won't sell his book, Killing Lincoln, in their gift store because its so full of lies.

Charge/counter charge.

IOW, you're wrong, you know you're wrong and you're taking pride in being wrong.

Charge/counter charge.

We start talking about O'Reilly's lies, which have been proven to be lies, and NOW who is dismissing the other side's opinions "out of hand" ?

Charge/counter charge.

We start talking about O'Reilly's lies, which have been proven to be lies, and NOW who is dismissing the other side's opinions "out of hand" ?
He ran away, not enough RWers on the thread to cheer on his ragegasm.

Funny how the article mentions "11 different occasions" ---- yet never details what they are.

Funny in an ironic way because of uh, the thread title....

Any of these sources 'reliable' enough for you, douchebag?

Hint: Learn how to read then learn how to discern

1. View attachment 40391
    at least 10 Brian Williams embellishments
    CNNMoney‎ - 19 hours ago
    NBC finds at least 10 Brian Williams embellishments ... The Post reported that the investigation has "turned up 11 instances in which the ... LLC and have been licensed for use to S&P Opco, LLC and CNN.
  2. Reports: NBC finds at least 10 Brian Williams embellishments
    USA TODAY‎ - 15 hours ago
  3. NBC probe finds 10 misstatements by Brian Williams - CNN Video
    CNN.com‎ - 21 hours ago
    More news for cnn 11 instances brian williams
  4. Reports: NBC finds at least 10 Brian Williams embellishments
    www.usatoday.com/story/.../brian-williams...cnn/26367021/
    USA Today
    15 hours ago - An NBC investigation into the reporting of suspended anchor Brian Williams has found at least 10 instance of exaggerations and embellishments, CNNand ... the probe, saying it turned up at least 11 instances of embellishing.
  5. Brian Williams Inquiry Is Said to Expand - NYTimes.com
    www.nytimes.com/.../nbc-inquiry-said-to-find-that-br...
    The New York Times
    2 days ago - An internal inquiry is examining a half-dozen instances in which Mr. Williams is ... Jake Tapper Is Named Host of CNN's 'State of the Union' ... NBC News suspended Brian Williams in February after questions were raised ...
  6. Brian Williams Ratted Out By NBC News Staff — Probe ...
    www.inquisitr.com/.../brian-williams-ratted-out-by-nbc-news-staff-probe...
    20 hours ago - A review of NBC anchorman Brian Williams' journalistic exploits has put ... According to CNN, these 11 instances were discussed at a meeting ...
  7. Inquiry finds more Brian Williams' fabrications - MSN.com
    www.msn.com/en-us/news/.../tt-BBiG7ao?q=brian%20williams...
    MSN
    NBC News finds Brian Williams embellished at least 11 times ... A months-long internal investigation of Brian Williams by NBC News has turned up 11 instances in which the... money.cnn.com/2015/04/25/media/brian-williams-investigation.
  8. Brian Williams Investigation Uncovers More Alleged Lies
    www.huffingtonpost.com/.../brian-williams-investig...
    The Huffington Post
    20 hours ago - The investigation into anchor Brian Williams' alleged lies has reportedly ... an anonymous source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN Money. ... ... had turned up 11 instances in which Williams made embellishments.
  9. Mediagazer
    mediagazer.com/
    So far, NBC News finds Brian Williams embellished at least 11 times — A months-long internal investigation of Brian Williams by NBC News has turned up 11 instances in which the ..... Jake Tapper will anchor CNN's State of the Union.
  10. NBC probe finds 10 misstatements by Brian Williams ...
    View attachment 40392▶ 1:53
    NBC probe finds 10 misstatements by Brian Williams - YouTube
    21 hours ago - Uploaded by CNN
    CNN's Brian Stelter reports that NBC found multiple instances of misstatements by NBC's Brian Williams. ... Ron Villejo Shared on Google+ · 11 hours ago. One misstatement is one thing. Multiple misstatements is quite ...

11. Brian Williams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Williams
    Wikipedia
    For other people named Brian Williams, see Brian Williams (disambiguation). .... probe of Williams' reporting had found at least 11 instances where he either ... wall came down' is widely recognized as November 9, 1989," according to CNN.
  12. Reports: NBC finds at least 10 Brian Williams embellishments
    www.ksdk.com/story/news/2015/...brian-williams.../26379273/
    KSDK
    14 hours ago - CNN quoted an unnamed person with knowledge of the internal ... with details of the probe, saying it turned up at least 11 instances of embellishing. ... Allison Williams poses with her father, Brian Williams, at the premiere of ...
  13. dimocraps are douchebags
period

So all those supposedly biased news outlets ARE reporting the Brian Williams scandal in full force?

lol, oops, you fucked yourself.

If a news outlet has a track record of putting out bullshit and never retracting it or publishing a correction then it is safe to reject what they say out of hand, especially if they are the only ones running the story. This perfectly describes much of the right-wing infotainment industry. Also a sure clue is if the "story" tells you how to feel about it in the title. If I see a link that includes the words "shocking" "outrageous" "frightening" etc. I automatically put it several notches down on the credibility scale. Again this perfectly describes much of the right-wing infotainment industry.
All of that is spot on. Another thing that is a clue is when a network continues to repeat and rerun the same story for days, long after everyone else has moved on and there is nothing newsworthy about the reporting. This is standard operating procedure for propaganda or marketing. Put the message out there over and over and people will come to believe the message. News organizations report things that are new. Propagandist report agenda driven stories over and over.

I can't speak for any of the MSNBC and Mediamatters fans on the left...but I am a moderate lefty.

The thing is this.....

You're right to an extent, if I understand your position, that lefties dismiss Fox, Breitbart, Rush, Drudge, and other righty news sources "out of hand"

I have done that too, but I'm resisting the urge to do that.

But what I see as "the problem" isn't what Fox News tells righties, or what MSNBC tells lefties...it what Fox News DOES NOT tell righties, and what MSNBC DOES NOT tell lefties.

These two media sources practice what I call "advocacy pseudo journalism"

If Watergate broke today, and it was Obama who orchestrated a cover up, you would never find a combination of journalists like Woodward and Bernstein...a conservative writer, and a liberal writer...working together for the same news source, to uncover a scandal that would bring down a Presidential administration. Fox won't hire journalists that would attempt to uncover a scandal of that proportion, nor would MSNBC in the reverse.

Going forward with this fact, one might ponder the idea that you'd hear the truth if you believed what Fox says about liberals, and what MSNBC says about conservatives. But we're not that lucky, in my opinion.

If you think Fox is telling you "the truth", there isn't much we have to talk about, and if you think they're dismissed by the left, I'd have to agree...but that doesn't mean we on the left are without good reason to do that

I also agree - to some extent. We have allowed our news system to be bought by foreign interests and it no longer serves the US.

Its fact that Fox is truthful in only 18% of their stories. Only a fool would continue to watch them for a source of news. Its very telling that, even knowing that Fox is not "fair and balanced", accurate and honest, many still watch them. Also telling is that, even though we have seen Brietbart, Limbaugh purposely lie, many still believe them.

MSNBC has very right wing journalists and guests who do hard news during the day. The liberal pundits are in the evening and, unlike Fox, they don't pretend to be anything but what they are.

A huge complaint I have with TV news is that they do a very few stories, over and over and over. If you want a more accurate and inclusive view, go to Al Jazeera and BBC.

We have also seen NBC and CBS lie. When you get exposed for forging or splicing news content like CBS did in the 2004 Elections and NBC did during George Zimmerman trials, you are deemed unreliable. When did Fox present forged documents as authentic or when did Fox splice up 911 George Zimmerman tapes so as to NOT tell the who story? You make these broad brush strokes about Fox, Breitbart, and Limbaugh. Where are your cases and incidents?

If any of ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, PBS, CNN, and MSNBC did their job, there would be no market for Fox.
There is always a market for confirming phantom fears and prejudices.
Fox holds focus groups with multiple demographics to figure out what keeps their target audience tuned in.

Then they produce material that reflects what they've found.

So Fox doesn't brainwash righties, it's product is telling righties what they want to hear, and righty politicians subsidize the product because the target audiences are the same.

As I've posted a gazillion times, the documentary Orwell Rolls In His Grave shows Murdoch and Ailes plotting how to get Americans to believe their lies. They are on camera, telling staff to use the phrase "fair and balanced" repeatedly, even though they say they are anything but. The right says they hate Muslims but its a Muslim who controls what they see on Fox.

Still can't site a case? The documentary you site is an opinion piece.

10547621_828019137218072_704671076200540966_n_zps08a277e8.jpg

If a news outlet has a track record of putting out bullshit and never retracting it or publishing a correction then it is safe to reject what they say out of hand, especially if they are the only ones running the story. This perfectly describes much of the right-wing infotainment industry. Also a sure clue is if the "story" tells you how to feel about it in the title. If I see a link that includes the words "shocking" "outrageous" "frightening" etc. I automatically put it several notches down on the credibility scale. Again this perfectly describes much of the right-wing infotainment industry.
All of that is spot on. Another thing that is a clue is when a network continues to repeat and rerun the same story for days, long after everyone else has moved on and there is nothing newsworthy about the reporting. This is standard operating procedure for propaganda or marketing. Put the message out there over and over and people will come to believe the message. News organizations report things that are new. Propagandist report agenda driven stories over and over.
One of the critical thinking tools I use is what I like to call the "speculation point". It's the point where a story moves from reputable facts to speculation and opinion. The closer to the top this point occurs the less I believe any of it. In much RW reporting this point is in the first paragraph.

TOXICMEDIA SAID:

'You're right to an extent, if I understand your position, that lefties dismiss Fox, Breitbart, Rush, Drudge, and other righty news sources "out of hand"'

Disagree.

It's not that such sources are being rejected 'out of hand,' but that Fox et al are held suspect because of their propensity to lie, spin, and contrive false accounts of events.

Consequently, when Fox or Breitbart are cited as a 'source,' it's best to research first to see if indeed a rightist site is again lying, and confirm that the information reported is correct.

For example – and this is very typical of most conservative sites – Fox reports a story about a high school student who was expelled because he wore a shirt stating that all Muslims are terrorists. Fox viewers are thus lead to believe that this is yet another manifestation of the 'evil left,' and liberal 'hostility' to freedom of expression.

When one researches the story, however, and finds an actual news account of the incident, he learns that the student wasn't expelled because of what was written on his shirt, but because of his response to school officials who approached him about the shirt, where the student threatened school officials with violence, an offense that clearly justifies expulsion.

Fox, Breitbart, Rush, Drudge, and other conservative news sources have developed this type of deception to a fine art, counting on the gullibility of most conservatives to take at face value the lies conservative news sources seek to propagate, and the unwillingness of most conservatives to research the truth for themselves; indeed, most conservatives watch/read Fox, Breitbart, Rush, Drudge, and the other conservative news sources for confirmation, not information.

Which clearly illustrates the fact that NBC is an actual news source, and Williams an actual journalist, a journalist whose career is now over.

And which clearly illustrates that Fox is not an actual news source, and O'Reilly not a journalist, as both continue to flourish in the context of their lies.

TOXICMEDIA SAID:

'You're right to an extent, if I understand your position, that lefties dismiss Fox, Breitbart, Rush, Drudge, and other righty news sources "out of hand"'

Disagree.

It's not that such sources are being rejected 'out of hand,' but that Fox et al are held suspect because of their propensity to lie, spin, and contrive false accounts of events.

Consequently, when Fox or Breitbart are cited as a 'source,' it's best to research first to see if indeed a rightist site is again lying, and confirm that the information reported is correct.

For example – and this is very typical of most conservative sites – Fox reports a story about a high school student who was expelled because he wore a shirt stating that all Muslims are terrorists. Fox viewers are thus lead to believe that this is yet another manifestation of the 'evil left,' and liberal 'hostility' to freedom of expression.

When one researches the story, however, and finds an actual news account of the incident, he learns that the student wasn't expelled because of what was written on his shirt, but because of his response to school officials who approached him about the shirt, where the student threatened school officials with violence, an offense that clearly justifies expulsion.

Fox, Breitbart, Rush, Drudge, and other conservative news sources have developed this type of deception to a fine art, counting on the gullibility of most conservatives to take at face value the lies conservative news sources seek to propagate, and the unwillingness of most conservatives to research the truth for themselves; indeed, most conservatives watch/read Fox, Breitbart, Rush, Drudge, and the other conservative news sources for confirmation, not information.
Joseph Goebbels developed propaganda techniques to a fine art. Many have used his tools but no one has substantially added to them.

How often do we hear that in here?

We post something from the Washington Times or through Drudge to the AP or from Fox because, well, the truth is -- the LSM won't.

They just won't.

Sure, they'll have it on their website as 'raw feed' from the wire services. Who doesn't? Every two-bit media outlet in the World that subscribes (a PAID service) to the AP, BBC, UPI, the Slimes, Reuters or whatever will have it somewhere on the website.

Sometimes -- The even (gasp!) print it in the viewspaper....... In section F, page 17, right below the article on how to shampoo your Poodle.

But when it comes to TV, nobody on the dim side EVER questions them.

By God, if it was on the Nightly Freaking News, then it's the BY GOD TRUTH and no amount of arguing, cajoling or fact-finding will change thier minds.

You wonder why dims are so wrong so often and so misled all the time.....?

It's their choice. They don't HAVE to get their views/news from the alphabet media and Comedy Central. They CHOOSE to.

So they, in effect, CHOOSE to be uninformed and stupid.

Here's your 'reliable source' dims

He’s Back! NBC Rats Out Brian Williams On 11 Lies…

Just call him the Rocket Man.

Via Inquisitr

A review of NBC anchorman Brian Williams’ journalistic exploits has put a number to his fibs. So far, the tally stands at 11 different occasions he fell short of telling the whole truth, and the investigation isn’t done.

In an interesting twist, it appears that the NBC News staff was aware of Williams’ fibbing — they even pointed out specific incidents for in-house investigators to look deeper into, the New York Times reported.

These include the lie that first unraveled Williams’ position as NBC anchorman and led to his suspension — a 2003 incident in Iraq in which Brian claimed he was in a helicopter damaged by rocket fire.

But now, the public can add these lies to their laundry list: a missile attack on a different helicopter in Iraq in 2006; the story about how he got a piece of the helicopter that crashed during the assassination of Osama bin Laden; and one during his reporting of the conflict between Israel and Lebanon in 2006.

That last lie also centered around a helicopter; Brian apparently told a student-run TV station in Connecticut that rockets passed “just beneath” one he was riding in during the conflict. However, he told a different account in a blog, the Washington Post added.

But the investigation has also turned up a brand-new fib, and this one involved his reports from Tahrir Square during the Arab Spring. By Williams’ account, which he told to Jon Stewart on The Daily Show in February of 2011, he was right in the thick of things. Turns out, he was most likely watching from a balcony overlooking the square.

As Brian’s on-air fabrication went, he was amid the violent clashes between protestors and a pro-government group, riding on horses and camels. He claimed he made eye contact with one of these men on a horse, and then said the man used a whip on protestors.

Keep reading

There are liberals out there who only watch nbc. That would seem to explain why they react like that.

Forum List

Back