Do you eat beans?

Yea, others have said that, but I think the two go together beautifully, and taste great together. It may take you to experiment a bit with different varieties of hummus to find the right mix, I like a spicier garlic blend.

Naw, I like my hummus made a certain way:

I soak raw dried garbanzos overnight or buy canned in a pinch, mash them by hand till coarse (never smooth!) and rather lumpy, in goes a lot of lemon, tahini, garlic, olive oil, salt, coriander, cayenne, and paprika, topped with a generous layer of course-chopped parsley leaves with the leftover stems fine chopped and blended into the hummus, served with a nice side salad of Tabbouleh and served with pita and onion.

Grows hair on your nuts.

Everyone who tries mine says it's the best they ever had.

I soak raw dried garbanzos overnight or buy canned in a pinch, mash them by hand till coarse (never smooth!) and rather lumpy, in goes a lot of lemon, tahini, garlic, olive oil, salt, coriander, cayenne, and paprika, topped with a generous layer of course-chopped parsley leaves with the leftover stems fine chopped and blended into the hummus, served with a nice side salad of Tabbouleh and served with pita and onion.

Grows hair on your nuts.

The only way I can stand garbanzos is in Spanish Bean soup.

If you don't, you should. They are very good for your health, and studies show they lead to a longer lifespan. One doctor mentioned that after upping his bean intake, his white blood cell count went down, and his body didn't produce them to fight infection because they didn't need to, the beans were stepping in for that, and I don't remember what part of the bean was responsible for that. You only need two servings a week, and my favorite way to eat them is in soups, which also freeze well.

Every day my whole life. Black, red, pinto, garbanzo, white, cubanelle. Name it. I HATE kidney beans tho...Limas are pushing it.

Grows hair on your nuts.

Mu gurl cooks dried, then peels the damn things. Super hummus.

Every day my whole life. Black, red, pinto, garbanzo, white, cubanelle. Name it. I HATE kidney beans tho...Limas are pushing it.
If you are in Costa Rica, they are kind of a staple down there, I noticed. When I was visiting there I had rice and beans often for lunch.

If you are in Costa Rica, they are kind of a staple down there, I noticed. When I was visiting there I had rice and beans often for lunch.
Yup. Before I was in Miami-Cuba. Same dealio. Before that Virginia(pintos).Before that Indiana. Blackeyes-navy

My dad made really good lima beans. Have no idea what his secret was other than it took him forever. Someone told me that is a pot that needs to be simmered and stirred often to get them right.

I eat black beans, pinto beans, and kidney beans mostly. Also do yellow-eyed peas and split pea soup semi-regularly.

I HATE kidney beans tho...Limas are pushing it.

Try some black bean, fava bean, adzuki bean, edamame bean, or mung bean recipes. You can make a great fudge brownie with black beans (add some hash if you dare), and even use adzuki et al as an ingredient in some ice creams!

Black beans also make a nice addition to a special "black bean" burger. :SMILEW~130:

Yum.

So happens I was going to make pork rib tips and beans tomorrow!

Interestingly, beans are excluded from the Paleo diet. I don't think that the paleo diet is perfect but I've come to have great respect for it.

My favorite is black beans. Navy beans second.
Also I like to put some Lentils in soups, not too many as it can take over the taste of everything else easily.
We eat black beans at least once a week in various dishes.

So happens I was going to make pork rib tips and beans tomorrow!

Interestingly, beans are excluded from the Paleo diet. I don't think that the paleo diet is perfect but I've come to have great respect for it.
Beans tend to have a lot of carbs.

I could see the B&M factory from the house I grew up in! Portland Maine Munjoy Hill,
we still hae beans and red dogs on Saturdays.

Forum List

Back