Do you believe that we are now or will soon be overpopulated?

Truth hurts?

But it's not the truth.

1. So, are you saying that you want the status quo to continue? You want poor uneducated people to keep having 4 or 5 kids? So what do you want to do about it? If you are like me and bripat9643, all we want to do is cut them off foodstamps, welfare, school lunches and Obamacare. In other words all the things that make it possible for a poor person to have 4 or 5 kids. We should be discouraging not encouraging them to have more kids.

2. The only thing Hitlerish in my plan is that I would tell a woman who wants foodstamps for her 2nd mistake that she has to get fixed or she will not get any additional funds for that second mistake. If she gets fixed she can have the 2nd child and get the foodstamps and Obamacare.

And if she chooses not to get fixed that's ok with us because we aren't paying for the 2nd mistake. Have as many kids as you want as long as you aren't asking for financial help raising them.

1. Explain to me. What is your proposal to solve this problem? Except rounding these poor people and force them to do what you want.
If this is so easy. Donā€™t you think we could have fixed this a long time ago? Even Bri himself could have fixed this.

You want to cut off food stamps and welfare because they have 4 or 5 kids? Really? Where do you think they will end up? We already have homeless crisis. You want to add more to the problem? Or you are part of the problem?

So Please explain to me how are you going to fix this very simple problem.

2. Thereā€™s no 2nd mistakes with Hitler. They just eliminate the minorities. With inhumane cruelties like some of the people i know here.

Simple solution. If you have one kid you can't afford, come get your food stamps. If you have a second mistake and want double the food stamps ok, but first you have to fix yourself so we know you won't have a 3rd mistake. If you don't fix yourself then you will continue to only get food stamps for 1 kid.

We already see Republican policies where they cut down on how much you get in food stamps is working to lower the number of "mistakes" poor women have. If they aren't going to get more money for their 2nd and 3rd mistake, guess what they do? They don't have the 2nd and 3rd mistake.

I like the idea of just giving them staples. Bread, peanut butter, eggs, milk, spagetti. No more giving them a charge card where they can go to the store and buy steaks and lobster. Fuck that. Here is some shit so you won't starve but I'll be damned if you are going to buy twinkees with your food stamp money.

In other words, food stamps and welfare benefits make poor women not worry about making those mistakes.

You think they'll starve and be homeless if we don't give them food stamps? They won't.

I say they won't make the mistakes if they don't have the social safety nets under them.

The one thing I love that Republicans want to do is make food stamp recipients work 10 hours a week for those benefits. Most of the women won't do the work and will figure it out on their own, rather than work the 10 hours. But right now, all they have to do is go in and fill out a form and they get it. With no plan of how they're going to get off of it. They have no plan to get off of it. So, we have an entire generation of people who are taking advantage.

If you think itā€™s that simple donā€™t you think we could have fixed those problems right now?
Since when Americans will even agree to that kind of solutions? Itā€™s like dictatorial.

Nice try. But come up with something else more realistic.

No because us liberals won't let conservatives implement the tough love most slackers need.

We worry about the 1 or 2 kids that might starve if we cut them all off foodstamps.

Or we say, "how is mom going to find a job if you are making her work for her foodstamps.

You see, us liberals are good at worrying about the "What ifs" but the fact is, most of these women and their kids aren't going to starve if we cut them off foodstamps. So they don't "need" it but if you are just going to easily and freely give it away, of course they're going to take it.

And right now there is no hoops you have to jump through to get the help. Just go fill out the forms and in a month you'll get this credit card and every month it will have $200 so you can go to the grocery store a buy whatever you want. FUCK THAT. They need to make the food you can buy on foodstamps the most bland boring tasteless shit. So the kids won't starve but they also won't be eating twinkees or lobster anymore. Just oatmeal, bread, cereal, spagetti, milk, etc. Very limited menu for the poor.

I know women who got prego in their 20's and their parents have money. Their parents said, "go get your government assistance".
You don't seem to care about the teenage girls who deliberately get themselves pregnant because they know Uncle Sam will pay the bills for them. By removing the stigma and difficulty of illegitimacy, you promote more of it.

It used to be in this country that if you couldn't afford to feed, house and cloth your children, then the state took them away from you. That's a policy that needs to be reinstated.

But it's not the truth.

1. So, are you saying that you want the status quo to continue? You want poor uneducated people to keep having 4 or 5 kids? So what do you want to do about it? If you are like me and bripat9643, all we want to do is cut them off foodstamps, welfare, school lunches and Obamacare. In other words all the things that make it possible for a poor person to have 4 or 5 kids. We should be discouraging not encouraging them to have more kids.

2. The only thing Hitlerish in my plan is that I would tell a woman who wants foodstamps for her 2nd mistake that she has to get fixed or she will not get any additional funds for that second mistake. If she gets fixed she can have the 2nd child and get the foodstamps and Obamacare.

And if she chooses not to get fixed that's ok with us because we aren't paying for the 2nd mistake. Have as many kids as you want as long as you aren't asking for financial help raising them.

1. Explain to me. What is your proposal to solve this problem? Except rounding these poor people and force them to do what you want.
If this is so easy. Donā€™t you think we could have fixed this a long time ago? Even Bri himself could have fixed this.

You want to cut off food stamps and welfare because they have 4 or 5 kids? Really? Where do you think they will end up? We already have homeless crisis. You want to add more to the problem? Or you are part of the problem?

2. Thereā€™s no 2nd mistakes with Hitler. They just eliminate the minorities. With inhumane cruelties like some of the people i know here.

Simple solution. If you have one kid you can't afford, come get your food stamps. If you have a second mistake and want double the food stamps ok, but first you have to fix yourself so we know you won't have a 3rd mistake. If you don't fix yourself then you will continue to only get food stamps for 1 kid.

We already see Republican policies where they cut down on how much you get in food stamps is working to lower the number of "mistakes" poor women have. If they aren't going to get more money for their 2nd and 3rd mistake, guess what they do? They don't have the 2nd and 3rd mistake.

I like the idea of just giving them staples. Bread, peanut butter, eggs, milk, spagetti. No more giving them a charge card where they can go to the store and buy steaks and lobster. Fuck that. Here is some shit so you won't starve but I'll be damned if you are going to buy twinkees with your food stamp money.

In other words, food stamps and welfare benefits make poor women not worry about making those mistakes.

You think they'll starve and be homeless if we don't give them food stamps? They won't.

I say they won't make the mistakes if they don't have the social safety nets under them.

The one thing I love that Republicans want to do is make food stamp recipients work 10 hours a week for those benefits. Most of the women won't do the work and will figure it out on their own, rather than work the 10 hours. But right now, all they have to do is go in and fill out a form and they get it. With no plan of how they're going to get off of it. They have no plan to get off of it. So, we have an entire generation of people who are taking advantage.

If you think itā€™s that simple donā€™t you think we could have fixed those problems right now?
Since when Americans will even agree to that kind of solutions? Itā€™s like dictatorial.

No because us liberals won't let conservatives implement the tough love most slackers need.

We worry about the 1 or 2 kids that might starve if we cut them all off foodstamps.

Or we say, "how is mom going to find a job if you are making her work for her foodstamps.

You see, us liberals are good at worrying about the "What ifs" but the fact is, most of these women and their kids aren't going to starve if we cut them off foodstamps. So they don't "need" it but if you are just going to easily and freely give it away, of course they're going to take it.

And right now there is no hoops you have to jump through to get the help. Just go fill out the forms and in a month you'll get this credit card and every month it will have $200 so you can go to the grocery store a buy whatever you want. FUCK THAT. They need to make the food you can buy on foodstamps the most bland boring tasteless shit. So the kids won't starve but they also won't be eating twinkees or lobster anymore. Just oatmeal, bread, cereal, spagetti, milk, etc. Very limited menu for the poor.

I know women who got prego in their 20's and their parents have money. Their parents said, "go get your government assistance".
You don't seem to care about the teenage girls who deliberately get themselves pregnant because they know Uncle Sam will pay the bills for them. By removing the stigma and difficulty of illegitimacy, you promote more of it.

It used to be in this country that if you couldn't afford to feed, house and cloth your children, then the state took them away from you. That's a policy that needs to be reinstated.

Why is the U.S. teen birth rate falling?

In 2018, the birth rate for Hispanic and black teens ages 15 to 19 was almost double the rate among white teens and more than five times as high as the rate among Asians and Pacific Islanders.

Back in 1960, most teen mothers ā€“ an estimated 85% ā€“ were married. Today, the majority of teen births (89%) are to unmarried mothers.

The teen birth rate has been on a steep decline since the early 1990s, and that trend accelerated after the onset of the Great Recession in 2007.

One possible factor is the economy: They tied the declining birth rate to the economic downturn of the recession. But this trend in teen birth rates has continued even as the economy has recovered, and birth rates for teens have fallen faster than they have for all women ages 15 to 44 (58% and 4% declines, respectively, from 2008 to 2018).

What else may be contributing to the decline in teen birth rates? Less sex, use of more effective contraception and more information about pregnancy prevention.

Among those teens who have had sex, the majority (81% of females and 84% of males) used a contraceptive method the first time they had sex. This figure has not changed significantly for males, but it has increased for females since 2002, when 74.5% used contraception.

Moreover, the share of teens using some form of highly effective contraceptive methods is increasing. The share of sexually active female teens who have used emergency contraception (e.g., the morning-after pill) rose from 8% in 2002 to 23% in 2011-15. And A cdc analysis of the roughly 600,000 low-income teens who used the Title X National Family Planning Program for contraception found that the use of long-acting reversible contraceptives such as IUDs and implants ā€“ which are considered more effective than other means of contraception ā€“ rose from 0.4% in 2005 to 7.1% by 2013.

Pregnancy prevention programs and messages directed toward teens may also have played a role. A 2014 Brookings report found that reality TV shows that follow the struggles of teen mothers may have contributed to up to a third of the decline in teen births from June 2009, when they began airing, through the end of 2010.

Itā€™s worth noting that birth rate figures only include live births. In 2013, the estimated teen pregnancy rate ā€“ which reflects not only live births, but also miscarriages, stillbirths and abortions ā€“ was 43.4 pregnancies per 1,000 females ages 15 to 19. This marks a steep decline, especially since 1990, when the pregnancy rate among teens peaked at 117.6.

The abortion rate among 15- to 19-year-old girls and women has also been declining, from 44.0 per 1,000 in 1988 to 10.6 in 2013. Of the roughly 450,000 pregnancies among teens in 2013, about 61% are estimated to have ended in live births, 24% in abortions and 15% in miscarriages or stillbirths.

In 2018, the birth rate for Hispanic and black teens ages 15 to 19 was almost double the rate among white teens and more than five times as high as the rate among Asians and Pacific Islanders......

And falling faster than any other demographic.

We're overpopulated you dip shits!!!

World Must Protect Land To Avoid Climate Disaster, New UN Report Warns
Averting catastrophic warming requires rapid, global changes to land use and food production, the assessment says.

Unsustainable land use and greenhouse gas emissions are delivering a one-two punch to natural ecosystems that are key to the fight against global climate change. And without sweeping emissions cuts and transformations to food production and land management, the world stands no chance of staving off catastrophic planetary warming.

Thatā€™s according to a dire new United Nations assessment of the complex relationship between terrestrial landscapes and climate change. The report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, or IPCC, the leading U.N. body of researchers studying human-caused global warming, warns that the unfolding crisis poses a serious threat global food security.

An estimated 500 million people live in areas where once productive land has dried out and turned to desert, including North Africa, East Asia and the Middle East.

ā€œIn general, climate change will cause declined yields, increased prices, reduced nutrient levels and disruptions in supply chains for food,ā€ report co-author Panmao Zhai said at a Thursday press conference in Geneva, Switzerland.

limate change has taken a toll on natural environments by fueling drought, extreme weather, wildfires, coastal erosion and the thawing of Arctic permafrost. And those risks are forecast to become ā€œincreasingly severe with increasing temperatures,ā€ according to the findings. At the same time, humans have altered as much as 76% of the planetā€™s ice-free land. Agriculture, deforestation, urban development and other types of land use account for approximately 23% of total human greenhouse gas emissions and have left swaths of the global landscape degraded.

ā€œIf we continue to degrade ecosystems, if we continue to convert natural ecosystems, to deforest, to destroy our soils, weā€™re going to lose this natural subsidy thatā€™s protecting us, in part, from ourselves and from the damage weā€™re creating as we pump these greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.ā€

Every 30 seconds in the U.S., a natural area the size of a football field is lost to development, according to a separate study released this week and commissioned by the left-leaning Center for American Progress.

The 1,300-page IPCC report ā€• co-authored by more than 100 experts from 53 countries

In October, the IPCC concluded that world governments must cut global emissions roughly in half by 2030 to keep the global mean temperature from hitting the 1.5 degree mark, at which point climate-related damages will cost an estimated $54 trillion. The planet has already warmed 1.1 degrees Celsius (just shy of 2 degrees Fahrenheit).

Still, President Donald Trump continues to downplay the threat and defend his 2017 decision to withdraw the U.S from the Paris Agreement. His administration has worked to gut major Obama-era policies that sought to rein in planet-warming emissions, revoked land protections and forged ahead with its fossil fuel-centric ā€œenergy dominanceā€ agenda.

In 2018, the birth rate for Hispanic and black teens ages 15 to 19 was almost double the rate among white teens and more than five times as high as the rate among Asians and Pacific Islanders......

And falling faster than any other demographic.

The panel of scientists looked at the climate change effects of agriculture, deforestation and other land use, such as harvesting peat and managing grasslands and wetlands. Together, those activities generate about a third of human greenhouse gas emissions, including more than 40% of methane.

That's important because methane is particularly good at trapping heat in the atmosphere. And the problem is getting more severe.

"Emissions from agricultural production are projected to increase," the authors warn. "Delaying action" on reducing greenhouse gas emissions, they continue, "could result in some irreversible impacts on some ecosystems."

This is the latest in a series of reports from the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. The new report adds weight and detail to a warning put out by the same panel of scientists last fall, in which they sounded the alarm about the inadequacy of the pledges countries have made so far to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Too many people!

We're overpopulated you dip shits!!! .....

Not even close, dumbass. We have far more than enough room and resources for many, many more people than our current population, which will begin to contract in the next 40-50 years anyway, as your dumb ass has been taught several times now. Just because someone frightened you with a false crisis sometime back in the late 70s and you never got over it - because you're stupid as shit - doesn't make it so.

Not even close, dumbass. We have far more than enough room and resources for many, many more people than our current population, which will begin to contract in the next 40-50 years anyway, as your dumb ass has been taught several times now. Just because someone frightened you with a false crisis sometime back in the late 70s and you never got over it - because you're stupid as shit - doesn't make it so.

This is what scares me about conservative Americans. They believe the corporate media/polluters/republicans/Lobbyists, over the 100 experts from 53 countries.

You believe you are right and the scientists are wrong. This is scary shit. This is why Krypton blew up. They didn't listen to the scientists.

You believe you are right and the scientists are wrong. .....

Scientists know we are not anywhere near the carrying capacity of this planet. Scientists know we have the means to feed more than the number of people currently alive. Scientists know a global population contraction is just around the corner.

Scientists have yet to figure out what made you so fucking stupid.

You believe you are right and the scientists are wrong. .....

Scientists know we are not anywhere near the carrying capacity of this planet. Scientists know we have the means to feed more than the number of people currently alive. Scientists know a global population contraction is just around the corner.

Scientists have yet to figure out what made you so fucking stupid.

This article supports your claims

The confusion over the rules of romance in the digital age shared by Koch and so many others might explain why millions of Americans are having less sex than previous generations did at the same age. Add in a focus on building a career before having a family, and it all may be contributing to a national birthrate that keeps falling.

All this raises alarms for the economy. Economies need new workers to replace older workers as they retire. When a nation's birthrate drops too low, certain sectors can experience employee shortages, and ultimately, the economy might shrink.

Like an increasing number of young people in America, Koch is single.

"When I was in high school, I really liked that show How I Met Your Mother," he says. Shows like that, he says, "created this sort of image of what it's like to be in your 20s. You know, you're hanging out in bars, and you're just sort of meeting people in these strange ways."

Many young men and women across the country have been having less sex than those in previous generations. Almost a quarter of adults under 30 didn't have sex in the last year ā€” a record high, according to the 2018 General Social Survey from NORC at the University of Chicago.

There are reasons besides just online dating, but experts and journalists have declared that America is in the middle of a "sex drought" or "sex recession."

Part of the explanation is the challenges of online dating. Part of it is that people are spending more time alone on the Internet. Part of it is about young men and women waiting longer to find life partners or to cohabitate as they prioritize getting their careers and finances in order.

This is why I'm a Republican now. The GOP's policies where the poor and middle class are struggling more than ever has made people put their penis' back in their pants. Kids today no longer want to have kids and live in poverty. And people in poverty aren't getting all the free shit they used to get.

The birthrate dropped 2% between 2017 and 2018 ā€” and the number of births slid to a 32-year low.

WONDERFUL

Another reason America's birthrate has dipped so low is that many women are dealing with career considerations first.

Rashmi Venkatesh, a married 30-year-old with a Ph.D., works in science research. She says her job is in many ways her No. 1 priority right now.

She had pictured "a fully formed professional life and a fully formed family life." But, she says, the family life "has gone by the wayside."

Venkatesh says she's moving up the career ladder really quickly. So when she thinks of having a child, she worries it might hurt her advancement. She says she couldn't even imagine taking 10 or 12 weeks off for a new baby.

"You would miss something," she says. "Or the time that I spend in the evening reading up on things would now be focused on something else ā€” a child, which I guess is very important! It sounds awful when I say that."

Like many working women, Venkatesh worries about losing income if she leaves work to have a child, and she worries about the cost of child care.

When Venkatesh was younger, she says, she imagined having three children. Now she thinks one, down the road, is more realistic.

"It's a bummer," she says. "It's a bummer for sure."

The longer women like Venkatesh wait to have a child, the fewer children they're likely to have.

So, though the reasons are many and vary for men and women, America is in the midst of a sex (and baby) drought that it just can't seem to get out of.

I LOVE IT!!!

But the United States is not alone. Developed nations across the world have been experiencing the same thing. Western Europe is dealing with falling birthrates, and Japan's birthrate has dipped so low its population has started to fall.

Jennifer Glass, a demographer at the University of Texas at Austin, notes that some countries have tried to boost their birthrates by urging citizens to get busy.

So if the USA wants more kids they better start paying blue collar/the masses a hell of a lot better than they do now.

Look at you making around $70K and even you are struggling to keep your head above water. Luckily you have 3 jobs. LOL

This is what scares me about conservative Americans. They believe the corporate media/polluters/republicans/Lobbyists, over the 100 experts from 53 countries.

You believe you are right and the scientists are wrong. This is scary shit. This is why Krypton blew up. They didn't listen to the scientists.
You believe fairy tale about Krypton and equated it to the fairy tale you believed in, climate change.

..... Guaranteed. Billions will go at once. it's part of nature.
No it's not.
Another Suh Wiiiiiing And a MISS !
For someone who claims to be a educator....you sure are uneducated.

Oh yeah, the "educator" claim (much like Admiral Tory who can't read or teach shit). Speaking of shit, an educator who collects and plays with it. Nah, I believe him. Having read and debated his posts many times in the past it goes a long way of explaining why so many kids growing up now are so fucked in the head.

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?
YES, i believe there are too many humans on Earth today, especially in urban areas.
We need to reverse the trend, IMO.

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?
YES, i believe there are too many humans on Earth today, especially in urban areas.
You first...
Sorry, iā€™m already living & using up Earthā€™s geography & resourses.
Birth control will help, like NOT having more than 3 kids to replace parents.

You first...

I fully support your decision not to reproduce for the good of the species.

Let other people make that decision for themselves.

You first...
Margaret Sanger was right. Every responsible branch of the human race has stopped increasing while the "human weeds" are using child bearing as a political weapon, and we keep importing these people into the west as if they are contributing members of our culture.

They plan to breed us out of existence, and they will unless the natural forces cull the herd or unless we adopt the policies of one branch of the left and cull the herd ourselves.

You first...

I fully support your decision not to reproduce for the good of the species.

Let other people make that decision for themselves.
Sorry, but weā€™re ALL on this planet together.
However, feel free to overpopulate a far away island.

Forum List

Back