• Theist

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
oh yes.. the eternal hell threat.

:rofl:

:eusa_naughty:

If someone tells you, God loves you, you say No he doesn't, he's not real! If someone tells you, you are living a lifestyle of destruction which will lead you to hell (or death), then you say oh now you are threatening me! If someone says, science goes with the notion that their is a creator, you say show me the source!

I can provide you with all of the proof in the world and you still would be reluctant to listen. But I have good news for you Mr. Shogun, most believers were once like you too. They rejected anything that had to do with God. They didn't understand why all of this bad stuff was going on and why God didn't stop it, they didn't understand why people who "believed" were just as shady as nonbelievers. However, when they had NO ONE ELSE TO RELY ON. No Family, no friends, no internet with message board friends, no food to eat, no job, no car, bad health and science couldn't help them? They decided to look into this God thing, really search, and when they found God, their life changed. They saw things differently.

They understood some of those questions they once had. They still had questions and struggles, but now they knew how to deal with them. They knew when the storm came they would have shelter. They knew that belief in God came with a lot of trials that would prove their faith genuine (i.e. people pushing your buttons trying to get you to act out). However, how they responded to such situations resulted in glorifying God. Instead of cursing somebody out that you know deserves it, you don't, you listen to God and be kind to your enemies. Instead of cheating on that test or at your job, you don't, you work hard and trust God will maneuver in your life. Instead of doing drugs or getting drunk to feel good like all of your friends do on Friday after work, you go home with your family or go out to eat or to the movies with other friends.

Your decisions now, reflect your belief and trust in God, you now know that He is going to direct you down the right path IF you listen.

In short Shogun. We can not force you or anybody else on here to believe a word we say/type. But when it's your time to know, you will know. :D

Last edited:
I can provide you with all of the proof in the world - Ms. Wikia

Just one proof would suffice. What have you got?

If someone tells you, God loves you, you say No he doesn't, he's not real! If someone tells you, you are living a lifestyle of destruction which will lead you to hell (or death), then you say oh now you are threatening me! If someone says, science goes with the notion that their is a creator, you say show me the source!

I can provide you with all of the proof in the world and you still would be reluctant to listen. But I have good news for you Mr. Shogun, most believers were once like you too. They rejected anything that had to do with God. They didn't understand why all of this bad stuff was going on and why God didn't stop it, they didn't understand why people who "believed" were just as shady as nonbelievers. However, when they had NO ONE ELSE TO RELY ON. No Family, no friends, no internet with message board friends, no food to eat, no job, no car, bad health and science couldn't help them? They decided to look into this God thing, really search, and when they found God, their life changed. They saw things differently.

They understood some of those questions they once had. They still had questions and struggles, but now they knew how to deal with them. They knew when the storm came they would have shelter. They knew that belief in God came with a lot of trials that would prove their faith genuine (i.e. people pushing your buttons trying to get you to act out). However, how they responded to such situations resulted in glorifying God. Instead of cursing somebody out that you know deserves it, you don't, you listen to God and be kind to your enemies. Instead of cheating on that test or at your job, you don't, you work hard and trust God will maneuver in your life. Instead of doing drugs or getting drunk to feel good like all of your friends do on Friday after work, you go home with your family or go out to eat or to the movies with other friends.

Your decisions now, reflect your belief and trust in God, you now know that He is going to direct you down the right path IF you listen.

In short Shogun. We can not force you or anybody else on here to believe a word we say/type. But when it's your time to know, you will know. :D

hey, i'll roll those dice and hope I can share the laugh when you are dissapointed in YOUR plans too, yo. Weather or not you want to comprehend the "or else" nature of your dogma is up to you. I don't really care how far and wide you can go to rationalize the THREAT of hell over disbelief. Hell, to be honest, if your god needs to create humans just to facilitate his ego then i'd start looking for a god with better self esteem. You can save the Chick Tract response for someone who gives a damn because, I assure you, I do not.

Hell, to be honest, if your god needs to create humans just to facilitate his ego then i'd start looking for a god with better self esteem.

:clap2: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shogun again.

hey, i'll roll those dice and hope I can share the laugh when you are dissapointed in YOUR plans too, yo. Weather or not you want to comprehend the "or else" nature of your dogma is up to you. I don't really care how far and wide you can go to rationalize the THREAT of hell over disbelief. Hell, to be honest, if your god needs to create humans just to facilitate his ego then i'd start looking for a god with better self esteem. You can save the Chick Tract response for someone who gives a damn because, I assure you, I do not.

I wasn't laughing I was smiling. Maybe I should have used a different icon. I was smiling because when you decide to seek and listen your life will change and we will ALL be smiling for and with you. There's no threat but there are consequences for every action, good or bad.

um, yea.. eternal fire seems pretty clear to be a threat to me. Wrap it up in whatever you need to; you believe because you fear. nothing more, nothing less.

Soggy said:
Hell, to be honest, if your god needs to create humans just to facilitate his ego then i'd start looking for a god with better self esteem.

Here's a crazy idea you can stick in your bong slider and ponder...

Maybe God is lonely. Maybe God is looking for a mate and created man for that purpose. Perhaps that is what we are collectively evolving toward. The entirety of mankind, when we are ready, blending together into a single consciousness and ascending into a higher plain of existence to join with God and go gallivanting across the universe. :eusa_think:

Who knows, maybe he tried it once already but ended up with Satan instead.

Here's a crazy idea you can stick in your bong slider and ponder...

Maybe God is lonely. Maybe God is looking for a mate and created man for that purpose. Perhaps that is what we are collectively evolving toward. The entirety of mankind, when we are ready, blending together into a single consciousness and ascending into a higher plain of existence to join with God and go gallivanting across the universe. :eusa_think:

Who knows, maybe he tried it once already but ended up with Satan instead.

i've had that idea too.. Maybe creating humanity has more in common with arthur clark's 2001 series than it does with post-neanderthal mythology...

um, yea.. eternal fire seems pretty clear to be a threat to me. Wrap it up in whatever you need to; you believe because you fear. nothing more, nothing less.

Except I'm not threatening anyone with eternal fire. I have no control over it. It's simply my belief that those who don't believe will burn.

That's not the same as saying I can make you burn if you don't agree with me.

You think believers believe because they're afraid. I think non-believers don't believe because the devil interferes with their brains.

BTW, my faith is not motivated by fear of hell. I actually believed in Jesus as my savior long before I completely understood the fate of the unsaved. I believe because I believe in God and love him. Not because I fear hell. Satan fears hell but he won't be in heaven.

I can provide you with all of the proof in the world - Ms. Wikia

Just one proof would suffice. What have you got?

There are a lot of books that go into further detail about evidence for God, that were actually written by former atheists who wanted to disprove believers and ended up becoming one.

For an example, people question the legitimacy of the Bible, i.e does the Bible even agree with Historical records. Well, actually it does. So much that it has actually added to our knowledge of ancient history. For an example, the Bible (Hebrew translation) referenced the "Hittites" several times, an ancient Anatolian people, that we didn't even know about until we discovered their ruins between 1800-1900s. This finding verified the reliability of the Bible along with others findings such as, the Dead Sea scrolls.

Last edited:

In some cases, it is better to be feared than to be loved.

Here's a good example that this guy gave me: If we are in a boat and you give 2 people a life jacket. You tell the first person nicely, here take this life jacket just in case. That person will most likely ignore you; they might hold on to it but then get annoyed by it and throw it down. However, if you tell the second person, if you do not put this life jacket on you are going to die if we crash! This person is going to take you more seriously and hold on dear to that life jacket.

So maybe believers have been too nice, only revealing God's love and not revealing any of His wrath. To each his own.

There are a lot of books that go into further detail about evidence for God, that were actually written by former atheists who wanted to disprove believers and ended up becoming one.

For an example, people question the legitimacy of the Bible, i.e the Bible doesn't even agree with Historical records. Well, actually it does. So much that it has actually added to our knowledge of ancient history. For an example, the Bible (Hebrew translation) referenced the "Hittites" several times, an ancient Anatolian people, that we didn't even know about until we discovered their ruins between 1800-1900s. This finding verified the reliability of the Bible along with others findings such as, the Dead Sea scrolls.

The bible is a series of personal and biased memories gathered together by the Romans then edited and rewritten the way they want it to be.Then edited and rewritten several more times.Romans were notorious for adopting religions.

That statement is a complete lie and so full of blatant misrepresentation it doesn't deserve an answer.

If you want to learn about where the bible comes from, google it. It will take about 2 seconds to see how wrong everything written above is.

For an example, people question the legitimacy of the Bible, i.e does the Bible even agree with Historical records. Well, actually it does. So much that it has actually added to our knowledge of ancient history. For an example, the Bible (Hebrew translation) referenced the "Hittites" several times, an ancient Anatolian people, that we didn't even know about until we discovered their ruins between 1800-1900s. This finding verified the reliability of the Bible along with others findings such as, the Dead Sea scrolls.

Not the existence of ancient tribes. The existence of God. If such proof existed, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Forum List

Back