Do you approve or disapprove of Joe Biden's performance on Afghanistan?

Do you approve or disapprove of Joe Biden's performance on Afghanistan?

• Approve

• Disapprove

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can believe there are actually 10 people that approve of Biden's performance on Afghanistan. I votes for BIDEN, but this is a terrible disaster and was preventable! I guess the Democrats have their own people that stick by their leader no matter what happens or what they do.
Again what was the alternative to Biden...

I get my news elsewhere but I'm glad they're in tune about the failures of the past three administrations.

I'm curious, since you keep up with the mainstream media, what are they reporting on the cost of infrastructure we've provided to Afghanistan and Iraq these past two decades?
I don't listen to the MSM.

I don't think you get it...

If an American President signs something then it binds the next President...

Trump didn't know this and caused havoc around the world that led to China starting the world's largest trading block, Iran closer to a bomb, Russia increasing its cyber warfare....

But the worse thing Trump did is, US is not good on its word... This undermines all US soft power round the world... Biden promised to restore that... US was going to be a reliable partner again...

So Trump signed a deal, Biden was going to try and honour it as much as he could.... Biden knows to stay would cost thousands of lives and another Trillion dollars..

Biden knows when he was dealt a loosing hand and knew to fold and not to raise..
It didn't bind him to the date or how to execute the withdrawal. This is on Biden for his lack of planning. He couldn't get it done on Trump's timeline in May, so he wanted to exit on 9/11 to bring more attention to the withdrawal, so he got his wish. I wished he would have executed it better or he could have delayed.

"Commitments" can be tricky to define. There are hard treaties, like NATO, and there are no treaties, like Taiwan.
I remember when Dubya said the US would defend Taiwan, and the MSM went nuts for his saying that out loud.

The US did not abandon its "allies" in AFG. We basically said "sink or swim" we're done. 20-years and a $trillion are more than enough support for anyone. The "allies" surrendered. That's on them, they had superior numbers, weapons, and training. US soldiers are not going to fight their civil war for them. The US mission was to get AQ out of AFG, not nationbuilding.
NATO IS MORE THAN THE US. Why should we fight the Russians when the Germans buy gas from Russia so Putin can modernize his military. I'd bring US troops home from the EU.
Our 'allies' will always suck up to the US, the alternative is China. The US $30T debt means that our 'allies' need to pull their own weight.

Well, let me tell you some facts you may not be aware of. A look at the situation in Afghanistan over the past 6 years, instead of going all the way back 20 years. Certainly, most rational people would think the past six years would be more relevant as whether the United States should stay or leave. It also speaks to the allege commitment of the Afghan military:
t

Brookings Institution:

Year - Afghan military deaths from combat - U.S. military deaths from combat - Non-US/NATO deaths from combat

2015 - 7,000 - 11 - 1
2016 - 8,000 - 9 - 2
2017 - 8,000 - 11 - 2
2018 - 8,000 - 13 - 4
2019 - 10,900 - 18 - 2
2020 - 10,900 - 4 - 0

U.S. Troop levels in Afghanistan from 2015 to present:
2015: 9,800
2016: 8,400
2017: 14,000
2018: 15,000
2019: 13,000
2020: 8,000
2021: 2,500 until April 14, 2021

Annual cost of keeping U.S. troops in Afghanistan per year:
2015: $10 Billion
2016: $10 Billion
2017: $15 Billion
2018: $15 Billion
2019: $13 Billion
2020: $7 Billon
2021: Would have cost less than $3 Billion to keep a deployment of 2,500 troops in Afghanistan this year and each year after.

BOTTOM LINE: The U.S. military effort in Afghanistan was a low cost effort that huge benefits when it came to collecting intelligence on terrorist, keeping the Taliban held back to rural areas in the country, less than 20% of the total districts of Afghanistan, preventing a terrorist safe haven, commitment to protecting the Afghan government and people that had partnered with the United States to fight the Taliban and Terrorism for the last twenty years.

It was working and since 2015, the Afghan military was taking 99.99% of the casualties. ALL 34 PROVINCIAL CAPITALS REMAINED IN AFGHAN GOVERNMENT CONTROL THE WHOLE TIME UNTIL THE UNITED STATES WITHDREW ITS TROOPS IN 2021!

This is a Terrible failure and it all belongs to Joe Biden!

I'm sure he did. As a matter of fact he also spoke directly with Donald Duck too.
Still doesn't change the fact that Obama let all of the Taliban leaders out of GITMO and Biden screwed up the withdrawal royally.....even MSNBC is admitting it.

FYI, your link says he's a Taliban negotiator....not their leader.

What the f is your malfunction?

As a matter of fact this guy was the original founder of Taliban, was jailed by Obama's admin request and let out from prison by Trump admin's request. He negotiated directly with Trump admin, and even Trump himself. He is now top Taliban leader in Afghanistan.

Man up and admit plain facts.

Last edited:
Uh, there was a crisis at the border because Trump left millions of people trapped on the Mexican side of the border.

Not our responsibility.

They were trying to illegally invade our country, but were stopped before they made it over our border. Whatever happens to them after that is their own damn problem. Being stopped from crossing the border of a country they are trying to attack does not constitute being “trapped”, and does not obligate us to do anything other than to continue to keep them from crossing our border.

Let Mexico deal with them. Those of them who are not Mexican citizens were allowed to cross Mexico to attack our country. If any nation has any responsibility, it would be Mexico.

Trump certainly handled this situation far better than Traitor Joe has.

Iran wasn't really terrorists.
Do you personally remember when Jimmy Carter betrayed the Shah of Iran, allowing the Khomeiniacs to overthrow him and take over that nation?

I do. And I remember how it changed the world, for a mob of violent terrorists to now have the resources of that once-great nation at their disposal. Nearly all the trouble that the world has since had with extreme Islamist-based terrorism is rooted in that one set of events.

1629309119623.png

By what criteria do you judge a pile of shit?

Well, let me tell you some facts you may not be aware of. A look at the situation in Afghanistan over the past 6 years, instead of going all the way back 20 years. Certainly, most rational people would think the past six years would be more relevant as whether the United States should stay or leave. It also speaks to the allege commitment of the Afghan military:
t

Brookings Institution:

Year - Afghan military deaths from combat - U.S. military deaths from combat - Non-US/NATO deaths from combat

2015 - 7,000 - 11 - 1
2016 - 8,000 - 9 - 2
2017 - 8,000 - 11 - 2
2018 - 8,000 - 13 - 4
2019 - 10,900 - 18 - 2
2020 - 10,900 - 4 - 0

U.S. Troop levels in Afghanistan from 2015 to present:
2015: 9,800
2016: 8,400
2017: 14,000
2018: 15,000
2019: 13,000
2020: 8,000
2021: 2,500 until April 14, 2021

Annual cost of keeping U.S. troops in Afghanistan per year:
2015: $10 Billion
2016: $10 Billion
2017: $15 Billion
2018: $15 Billion
2019: $13 Billion
2020: $7 Billon
2021: Would have cost less than $3 Billion to keep a deployment of 2,500 troops in Afghanistan this year and each year after.

BOTTOM LINE: The U.S. military effort in Afghanistan was a low cost effort that huge benefits when it came to collecting intelligence on terrorist, keeping the Taliban held back to rural areas in the country, less than 20% of the total districts of Afghanistan, preventing a terrorist safe haven, commitment to protecting the Afghan government and people that had partnered with the United States to fight the Taliban and Terrorism for the last twenty years.

It was working and since 2015, the Afghan military was taking 99.99% of the casualties. ALL 34 PROVINCIAL CAPITALS REMAINED IN AFGHAN GOVERNMENT CONTROL THE WHOLE TIME UNTIL THE UNITED STATES WITHDREW ITS TROOPS IN 2021!

This is a Terrible failure and it all belongs to Joe Biden!
I know you are an idealist. I respect that. I know you are concerned for the women and girls in AFG, and what their life would be like under Sharia Law. That said, AFG is not a US possession. It is ultimately up to the Afghans who runs their country, you seem to imply that the US can keep the government in control for a cost-effective and reasonable annual $10b of "foreign aid", and about 20 US combat deaths, not to mention the horribly maimed.

Bottom line:
The US military effort in AFG was not low cost, the cost in blood and treasure was NOT worth it to Americans. The US is NOT the world's police force. The US does NOT do nation-building well. The Taliban would NEVER stop fighting, and most Americans oppose "endless wars". I have an active duty grandson, and I do NOT want him going to AFG, nor anyone else's loved one. Ultimately its up to the Afghans who controls their country. If it becomes a rats nest of terrorists, we have advanced weapons to deal with them.

Joe is keeping up his reputation as a total idiot when it comes to foreign policy. No surprise to me.

What the f is your malfunction?

As a matter of fact this guy was the original founder of Taliban, was jailed by Obama's admin request and let out from prison by Trump admin's request. He negotiated directly with Trump admin, and even Trump himself. He is now top Taliban leader in Afghanistan.

Man up and admit plain facts.
You man up. He's not the top guy in the Taliban. He was jailed in Pakistan...but probably living the good life under house arrest similar to Bin Laden....and wasn't in Afghanistan, so he wasn't one of the 5000 or so you claim Trump released from prison. There is no proof that Trump ordered his release....just your say-so.
None of your claims overrules the fact that Obama started releasing these criminals years ago over a pack of lies....and you're now trying to blame Trump for the shit the Deep State and Obama/Biden have been doing since Bush left office.

You man up. He's not the top guy in the Taliban. He was jailed in Pakistan...but probably living the good life under house arrest similar to Bin Laden....and wasn't in Afghanistan, so he wasn't one of the 5000 or so you claim Trump released from prison. There is no proof that Trump ordered his release....just your say-so.
None of your claims overrules the fact that Obama started releasing these criminals years ago over a pack of lies....and you're now trying to blame Trump for the shit the Deep State and Obama/Biden have been doing since Bush left office.

Jeesus, this is like participating in special olympics.

Jeesus, this is like participating in special olympics.
I know the feeling....you bastages don't know the difference between right & wrong or reality & fantasy.
You totally ignore what we've been seeing for the last 15 years and claim that one God Damned Taliban prick cancels out every fuck up by Obama/Biden for over a decade.
It's like talking to a kindergartner.
You think that an unruly mob is an insurrection....Jan 6th was the worst disaster in human history....you think that Russians changed vote totals of the election.....you think the Democrats had justification to impeach Trump twice......all it makes me want to do is hit you with a baseball bat. The utter stupidity is beyond imagination.

Get the civilians out first. Blow up military bases and equipment. Take care to remove those that helped us rather than abandon them.
it’s not rocket science.

But then, I wouldn’t expect a supporter of this nations enemies to think these things through.

Okay, so when were we supposed to blow up the bases? Remember, the whole premise of the peace plan Pompeo came up with and Biden kept was that the government would continue and negotiate in good faith with the Taliban to reach a power-sharing agreement. They wouldn't have been able to have much standing if they didn't have bases and equipment, would they?

Same thing with getting the Translators out... If we had pulled them out three months ago, we would have been loudly signalling, "We don't expect the government to survive.

But I didn't expect you to think things through...

LISTEN to this guy. He was attempting to assist this shitty diaper with hairplugs' administration work the issue.

They failed...hard.

Again, really not our job to defend Afghanistan. The Afghan people themselves decided that this government wasn't worth fighting for.... but now it's out big priority to get the Quislings who were out to collect American bucks out?

For starters, he should have had the foresight to close our Embassy and get our people and equipment out before our troops. Obviously from his comments just a couple of weeks ago, he was severely mistaken with regards to the Afghan military's ability or willingness to hold off the Taliban. He stated that even if the Taliban did take over, it would take at least 90 days. Well, 72 hours after the troop withdrawal, the Taliban were in complete control of Afghanistan. Biden is either compromised or he really is an ignorant moron.

Yes, he was mistaken about the ability of the corrupt Afghan's government's ability to fight, but we've been deluded ourselves about these guys since Karzai got his Toad Elevating Moment from Dubya.

So what?

That sounds like a massive intelligence failure on the part of the CIA and DIA... not Biden.

Forum List

Back