Do you agree with my statement on Free Speech?

Do you agree with my statement on Free Speech?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Agree

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • It depends

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
When we have no Free Speech, we are not really Free. He who is not at liberty to voice his grievances has no rights. Those who oppose our Free Speech take away all our rights and our personhood.

Is this thread about big-tech banning conservatives and especially Trump?
Yet they allow the Taliban?! WTF?
That and the fact that many people are not allowed to complain if they face discrimination.

When we have no Free Speech, we are not really Free. He who is not at liberty to voice his grievances has no rights. Those who oppose our Free Speech take away all our rights and our personhood.
Your statement makes no sense.

The doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or entities.

When government limits speech consistent with First Amendment case law, free speech is not ‘taken away.’

Private citizens can neither ‘take away’ nor ‘violate’ the ‘free speech’ of another private person because private persons are not government, lacking the authority to do so.

In the context of private society, to oppose or denounce speech society determines to be inappropriate is not ‘taking away’ the speaker’s ‘right’ to speak freely, nor does it ‘violate’ the speaker’s right to free expression.

For instance someone risks losing his jobs if he mentions that he is being discriminated against.
Like the guys who get fired for complaining about age discrimination at American Express.
Or, teachers who don't like CRT and get fired?
Then there's men using the ladies facilities?!

Your statement makes no sense.

The doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or entities.

When government limits speech consistent with First Amendment case law, free speech is not ‘taken away.’

Private citizens can neither ‘take away’ nor ‘violate’ the ‘free speech’ of another private person because private persons are not government, lacking the authority to do so.

In the context of private society, to oppose or denounce speech society determines to be inappropriate is not ‘taking away’ the speaker’s ‘right’ to speak freely, nor does it ‘violate’ the speaker’s right to free expression.
Yet you would have been unhappy if you could not voice your grievances for the fear of being fired or blacklisted.

In my opinion, anyone who supports Human Rights should take every practical legal step against the best interests of proponents of Cancel Culture:

1) Pressure their employers to fire them.

2) Do not help them more then Laws absolutely require.

3) Use Jury Nullification Rights against them.

1) Like the guys who get fired for complaining about age discrimination at American Express.
2) Or, teachers who don't like CRT and get fired?
Then there's men using the ladies facilities?!
1) This is an example.

2) I prefer not to discuss CRT. There is no pervasive Reverse Racism in USA.

Has anybody stopped you from airing yours? Looks like we got free speech.

The proper course of action is NOT to make a public issue of it, and that is what you would likely do.
Of course! But I would treat my oppressors as my enemies. If I have a practical legal opportunity to act against their best interests I would. And so should anyone who values Human Rights.

Speaking as a leftist, what about my feelings should your free speech bend my brain & spine too, what then?

Speaking as a leftist, what about my feelings should your free speech bend my brain & spine too, what then?
I am not speaking about Hate Speech.

I am speaking about people who are cancelled for complaining that they are being discriminated against.

That and the fact that many people are not allowed to complain if they face discrimination.
Got it. You're complaining that you aren't allowed to complain. Lots of right wingers seem to be spending a lot of time complaining about that same thing.

Forum List

Back