Do we agree that a fundamental difference between the right and the left is...

politics-quotes-pj-orourke.jpg

...what the role of government should be in society? Is it accurate to say that left-wing ideology supports more government programs, more government management/oversight and higher taxes wherein right-wing ideology supports having LESS of those things?

No.

TO THE LEFT: Government is a welcome and necessary device to restrain the excesses and wastefulness of mankind. Man NEEDS government in order to remain order.

TO THE RIGHT: Government is a necessary evil which must be restrained as much as possible to only as much as needed to prevent anarchy, but not so much as to take away freedom and autonomy because man knows best how to run his own life.

I believe the left feels that government is necessary to protect citizens from the evils of corporations and nefarious individuals. And I agree with them, to a point. After all, that's why we impose business regulations and create police forces.

Evils of corporations? I don't know what that is. Pollution? Employee abuses? Too much profit? Unfair competition? Corporations are only after all---- ---- PEOPLE, and like people, corporations make mistakes. Even when corporations go wrong or do bad, at some level they are still benefiting people.

...what the role of government should be in society? Is it accurate to say that left-wing ideology supports more government programs, more government management/oversight and higher taxes wherein right-wing ideology supports having LESS of those things?
O'rly?

Trump Proposes a Record $4.75 Trillion Budget

The deficit was DECREASING when the GOP took over Congress. Trump and the GOP have since INCREASED the deficit to DOUBLE its size.

And the last time the GOP owned all of Congress and the White House under Bush, they also skyrocketed the deficit and the debt.

You have to be a retard with seven pounds of brain damage to drink the piss you idiots are fed that the GOP is all about small government.

Seriously. You have to be stupid, stupid, stupid.
Imma let you in on an insanely obvious secret:

The GOP is not conservative.

yet people claiming to be conservative vote for them every election...weird
That's exactly why I call them "pseudocons". Short for pseudo-conservatives. They are fake conservatives. Posers.

I have not heard a single one of them call Trump out for his record spending and his doubling of the deficit.

I think there are less than ten actual conservatives on this board.

Evils of corporations?

Implementing safety rules to protect workers. Prohibiting the dumping of sewage and chemicals into our water supply. Etc. I'm sure we both agree that such rules are necessary.

The right claims to want less of those things, but they don't practice it.

Some claim to be on the right just like some are Republicans but legislate like leftist Democrats. Still, there are many on the right that oppose government takeover of the health industry and the existence of the Department of Education and government involvement in the student-loan business, etc. Unfortunately, there aren't enough of us.

but these same people have no issue with the DOD getting larger and larger and larger.

Seems the difference is which part of the government they want bigger
Defense is mandated by the Constitution.

The National Endowment for the Arts is not.

No.

Leftists are parasites, thieves or very low status people. They want all the decent, good, beautiful and true destroyed. Whether its done by government means or other means is all but irrelevant to them. But obviously, government has power and these people are attracted to it like bees to honey.
You are the reason for the nation wide koolaide shortage.

The fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals used to be regarding the size and scope of government.

The fundamental difference between the right and the left today is whether or not people should be allowed to make their own decisions.

Examples?

Health insurance, schools, cars, taxes, religious freedom, honest elections, etc., etc., etc.

No.

TO THE LEFT: Government is a welcome and necessary device to restrain the excesses and wastefulness of mankind. Man NEEDS government in order to remain order.

TO THE RIGHT: Government is a necessary evil which must be restrained as much as possible to only as much as needed to prevent anarchy, but not so much as to take away freedom and autonomy because man knows best how to run his own life.

I believe the left feels that government is necessary to protect citizens from the evils of corporations and nefarious individuals. And I agree with them, to a point. After all, that's why we impose business regulations and create police forces.
True, but the power has been realized, and it has been highjacked by leftist in a quest to over throw the nation with that power over time. The right uses government to counter the quest.

No.

Evils of corporations? I don't know what that is. Pollution? Employee abuses? Too much profit? Unfair competition? Corporations are only after all---- ---- PEOPLE, and like people, corporations make mistakes. Even when corporations go wrong or do bad, at some level they are still benefiting people.

Sure...if Monsanto dumped all their chemicals directly into the Mississippi River they would save a shit ton of money and it would benefit their shareholders...I guess we should let them do that.

Some claim to be on the right just like some are Republicans but legislate like leftist Democrats. Still, there are many on the right that oppose government takeover of the health industry and the existence of the Department of Education and government involvement in the student-loan business, etc. Unfortunately, there aren't enough of us.

but these same people have no issue with the DOD getting larger and larger and larger.

Seems the difference is which part of the government they want bigger
Defense is mandated by the Constitution.

The National Endowment for the Arts is not.

Yes, defense is. What we do goes well beyond defense.

The primary reason for that is Social Security.
They take a big chunk of our paychecks.....and most of us never collect.

You see.....the difference between liberals and conservatives is liberals lay on their asses and want shit for free while conservatives believe in working for a living and then taking it easy for a few years when they are close to death.

Democraps want to piss all of that away on illegals so they can steal elections.

If Democraps get what they want....we're all screwed....liberals and conservatives.

Golfing Gator

Show me the prominent members of the right that support taking people's taxes to pay for the healthcare of foreigners living here illegally.

as I told you, there are none. This seems to be your pet issue. If this is only spending of money that matters then what is the point of the thread?

True, but the power has been realized, and it has been highjacked by leftist in a quest to over throw the nation with that power over time. The right uses government to counter the quest.

The growth of government programs and government spending is directly linked to a lack of congressional term limits. Politicians promise the sun, the moon and the stars to ignorant voters in order to win elections and to remain in Congress for 20, 30, 40 years.

It is not accurate.

‘The left’ (whatever that’s supposed to be) is pragmatic with regard to government: there are things government does well and things government does poorly; what works best is when the public and private sectors work together.

Conservativism is fundamentally inconsistent and capricious – its dogma advocates for less government concerning things the ideology perceives to be beneficial to conservativism: fewer taxes and less government regulation of businesses; yet conservative dogma advocates for more government, bigger government interfering in citizens’ personal lives: reproductive autonomy, sexual orientation, the conjoining of church and state.

Any Gub'Mit supposed to be about 'we the people' , but morphed into 'we who subjugate the people for our personal gains' is easy to find on this rock

The fact that so many here are living it, but rather place blame on (enter party) than look upstairs merely means the manipulators won

~S~

Forum List

Back