Do US generals run the country?

I think the generals are the safeguards.
General Milley did not attempt to protect our country on his own. He had a conversation with an adversary and dialogue is crucial in this instance when we have an irrational and pugnacious president.
Obvious to any sane person that tump has lost his marbles.

Just so long as the general is woke, the Left is OK with it.

Just so long as his focus is on the danger of white rage among law abiding American citizens and ignore other real threats like China, they will be willing to overlook virtually anything about him, even how he handled Afghanistan

He handled Afghanistan about as well as that was going to be handled. Everyone knew the minute we pulled out, the Taliban would be back because most Afghans AGREE WITH THE TALIBAN.

As for China... um, when all you fat white trash stop buying Chinese shit at Walmart, then I'll take your concerns seriously.

So a general can at any time refuse to take an order so long as they deem the commander in chief "crazy" or "stupid"

Understood.

In other words, they run things.

So what would have been your solution, to have Milley salute and say YES SIR!!!" if he ordered a nuclear strike on China that would have ended civilization as we know it?

"I was only following orders" is not an excuse... Just ask the Nazis they hung at Nuremburg.

Think of the trouble the world could have been saved if Germany had officers like General Milley.

Notice what you typed? If Trump......We have war mongers all over the place. In recent decades with the Bush influence Repubs became the Neo Con party that the Progs held the Championship belt for War Mongering for many many decades.

Does your doctor know you are off your meds?

LIke it or not, Bush followed the protocols for going to war. He went to congress, he plead his case to the American people. Turned out he was wrong about a lot of things, but he went through the process.

The concern here was that Trump was inciting attacks against the US government, and might use the military to provoke a war against China to create a crisis. Or that the Chinese after four years of racist rantings by Trump, though that he might pull some shit like that.

If Milley prevented a war, then he deserves a medal.

If Treason prevented Trump from bumbling us into nuclear annihilation, I'm all for it.

The real problem is that Trump was unfit for the office, and the people who protect this country had to work around him.
No. But we understand you hate the constitution.

No. But we understand you hate the constitution.

I'm fine with the constitution. I just don't think it's a suicide pact.

So hypothetical situation. It's January 7th, Trump has completely lost his mind, and he pulled out the Nuclear Football and he's about to order a nuclear strike on China.

Someone shoots him before he can push the button.

Treason or not?

I'm fine with the constitution. I just don't think it's a suicide pact.

So hypothetical situation. It's January 7th, Trump has completely lost his mind, and he pulled out the Nuclear Football and he's about to order a nuclear strike on China.

Someone shoots him before he can push the button.

Treason or not?
None of that was in play. So your question is moot.

If the cabinet feels the President is unfit, there is recourse. It’s called the 25th amendment.

A politically partisan General with NO command authority at all, takes it upon himself to contact our greatest enemy and assure him he would warn him?

This is treason. Period.

None of that was in play. So your question is moot.

If the cabinet feels the President is unfit, there is recourse. It’s called the 25th amendment.

This would be the same cabinet who cravenly praised the man so he'd feel better about himself.

I'm talking FINGER ON THE BUTTON! Right or wrong to stop him? It was a simple question.

A politically partisan General with NO command authority at all, takes it upon himself to contact our greatest enemy and assure him he would warn him?

This is treason. Period.

No, it's the kind of high level contacts we've had throughout the Cold War to assure it never escalated into a hot war. American Generals have had direct lines of communications to their Russian or Chinese counterparts for decades.

Assuring him that an attack wasn't imminent to calm nerves kind of makes sense.

This would be the same cabinet who cravenly praised the man so he'd feel better about himself.

I'm talking FINGER ON THE BUTTON! Right or wrong to stop him? It was a simple question.

No, it's the kind of high level contacts we've had throughout the Cold War to assure it never escalated into a hot war. American Generals have had direct lines of communications to their Russian or Chinese counterparts for decades.

Assuring him that an attack wasn't imminent to calm nerves kind of makes sense.

No matter how you try and justify General Miley's actions, it is the very definition of treason....Milley instructed senior officers to obey his orders and to ignore those given by the President Trump, the duly elected commander-in-chief. There is NO way around that. He should be immediately relieved of his duties, and arrested.

Brilliant deduction about what you understand. Just another tumpecile flapping in the breeze.

Would you like a country where Generals override the civilian control of the Military? Or just in the case where Republican's are in positions of power?

Would you like a country where Generals override the civilian control of the Military? Or just in the case where Republican's are in positions of power?
That is not the case here. Talk is crucial in a situation where the "Republican" in power is acting in an irrational and incendiary fashion, according to members of his inner circle. Tump believes that hat he has unlimited authority and has said just that. He has inflamed China with his "locked and loaded" rhetoric, and diplomacy was indeed necessary.

No matter how you try and justify General Miley's actions, it is the very definition of treason....Milley instructed senior officers to obey his orders and to ignore those given by the President Trump, the duly elected commander-in-chief. There is NO way around that. He should be immediately relieved of his duties, and arrested.

Trump wasn't duly elected. The people said "no". Twice. Three times if you count the midterms. He was impeached twice.

Here's the thing... All the officers at that meeting agreed with Milley, Trump had no business being in charge of the nukes at that point.

The one thing that I learned in the military is that you have no obligation to obey an illegal order. If Trump tried to order a nuclear strike against China, that would have been illegal.

The very fact that the Generals had a legitimate fear he might pull that shit is scary enough.

That is not the case here. Talk is crucial in a situation where the "Republican" in power is acting in an irrational and incendiary fashion, according to members of his inner circle. Tump believes that hat he has unlimited authority and has said just that. He has inflamed China with his "locked and loaded" rhetoric, and diplomacy was indeed necessary.

what Miley did is NOT diplomacy. It is a top General vowing to tip off the enemy. That son, is treason.

Trump wasn't duly elected. The people said "no". Twice. Three times if you count the midterms. He was impeached twice.

Here's the thing... All the officers at that meeting agreed with Milley, Trump had no business being in charge of the nukes at that point.

The one thing that I learned in the military is that you have no obligation to obey an illegal order. If Trump tried to order a nuclear strike against China, that would have been illegal.

The very fact that the Generals had a legitimate fear he might pull that shit is scary enough.

If you indeed served, you’d know what Miley did was treasonous. I don’t care if all the generals agreed, Trump was CiC. Period. Miley had no authority to do what he did.

it is for that reason, that I now think you’re lying about serving. A military vet, or serving member would never condone tipping off our enemy.

Forum List

Back