"Do the right thing"

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
Anyone here see that flick? I found the ending problematic. Where the Spike Lee "mookie" character throws a trashcan into his friend's Sal's pizzeria window...In earlier movies, like with Jimmie Stuart, he would used some kind of verbal way to dissuade the mob...

Last edited:
You know, I need to rewatch that movie as well.

Thanks for the reminder OP!

Everybody adores Kubrick. 2001 led to Star Wars and G. Lucas. Hitchcock. But Spike Lee? Were did He come from?

Last edited:
Yeah that movie had no point, but the dialogue was decent, which made it halfway entertaining. Spike Lee used to live by my old high school in Brooklyn. He was a big time asshole and still is.

I will. But what was your original take on Mookie throwing that trash can trough Sal's window?
To be honest, this is one of those movies that I saw, but never saw. Meaning, when it came out I was very young, and throughout the years I've only seen clips of it, never sat and watched the entire thing in one sitting.

I need to rectify that.

Are you a Spike Lee movie fan?

I will. But what was your original take on Mookie throwing that trash can trough Sal's window?
To be honest, this is one of those movies that I saw, but never saw. Meaning, when it came out I was very young, and throughout the years I've only seen clips of it, never sat and watched the entire thing in one sitting.

I need to rectify that.

Are you a Spike Lee movie fan?
Yes.

Love Spike, still I don't understand the trash can in the window thing...its defining of the 90's and rather apocryphal at the same time.

Last edited:
Now do the right thing and go back to school instead of watching movies so that you can generate more student loans then do the right thing and keep paying till you die. Do you have a problem with doing the right thing? If you do the right thing then you have nothing to be afraid of. Hehehe!

Forum List

Back