Do the math: The cost of "high" gas prices

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
For those who are interested, let's consider the annualized cost of $3.5/gal gas prices and $5/gal.

In my case, my wife's car goes about 10k miles per year and averages 25mpg on 89 octane (turbo BMW). @ $3.75/gal, we would spend $1,500 per year on gas. @ $5.35 that's $2,140, an increase of $640. My current vehicle averages 18mpg and I go 14,000 miles per year. @ $3.5 (87 octane) that's $2,722 per year, and @$5/gal it would be $3,889, an increase of $1,167. The total excess gas cost in my household would be $1,800, or $150 per month.

I pay almost $300/month for cable.

Would rabbit ears still work?

For those who are interested, let's consider the annualized cost of $3.5/gal gas prices and $5/gal.

In my case, my wife's car goes about 10k miles per year and averages 25mpg on 89 octane (turbo BMW). @ $3.75/gal, we would spend $1,500 per year on gas. @ $5.35 that's $2,140, an increase of $640. My current vehicle averages 18mpg and I go 14,000 miles per year. @ $3.5 (87 octane) that's $2,722 per year, and @$5/gal it would be $3,889, an increase of $1,167. The total excess gas cost in my household would be $1,800, or $150 per month.

I thought you started this last week. How about 4 a gallon...lolol

A turbo on 89?

People who have to use premium just felt the gas nozzle up their tanks. Watch some dummies will ruin engines going to 89

Thanks for voting in these high gas prices. I'll gladly pay 7 a gallon to run you fuckers out of goobermint
Funny thing is one doesn't vote for capitalist by popular elections. If you have a problem with the way capitalist run the business then pound sand or start a company.
What gets annoying from you stupid bastards is you just throw shit that has no true meaning.

Yes, it’s yet another tax and punishment for the middle and lower class.

Funny thing is one doesn't vote for capitalist by popular elections. If you have a problem with the way capitalist run the business then pound sand or start a company.
What gets annoying from you stupid bastards is you just throw shit that has no true meaning.
Nice try. We told you all this would happen with crap in the pants in chief.......own the fucker

The poor are really really going to be hurt. They'll be shoplifting food instead of junk
Well they won’t have to worry, I am sure the Biden Regime will print off another 2 trillion dollars to give them, but the middle class won’t get any because they “make too much”. I never got any WuFlu check.

With my Chevrolet Silverado, if I'm unable to find e85, I'm at $115.96 to fill its tank, which is 26 gallons. At two fill ups per week, that's over $12,000 per year spent on gas—at $4.46/gallon.

Well they won’t have to worry, I am sure the Biden Regime will print off another 2 trillion dollars to give them, but the middle class won’t get any because they “make too much”. I never got any WuFlu check.
I'll gladly pay for this inflation and gas to rid us of these awful people who hate our fucking guts

It took Biden 14 mos to get where Carter was in 3 yrs

We're not even close to bottoming out of this mess and the climb will be slow

Every thing we said would happen happened with these giddy group think losers on this board

I can get around 36 highway miles per gallon on a 350 small block V-8 by just drafting.

Reason I mention something rudimentary like that is because it seems to me that, with the exception of the old-timers, many modern Americans have never really ever had to learn how to adapt.

There's lots of things you can do to improve fuel mileage if you really want.

But the main thing is just how you drive.

Last edited:
Gas was going up a penny a day a couple weeks ago. Now it went up 15 cents in one day, to $4.39 average, regular. How much will it go up tomorrow?

I looked up inflation in the late 70s ---- inflation went to 14 to 16%. Interest went to 20%. I know we paid 11.3% interest on our mortgage at that time.

These are historic times; books will be written.

Capitalism isn't the problem, cutting off access and slow walking permits along with nixing Keystone is the problem.

When we're energy independent prices will always be lower than when we're not.

Nope! You need a digital antenna.

Capitalism isn't the problem, cutting off access and slow walking permits along with nixing Keystone is the problem.

When we're energy independent prices will always be lower than when we're not.
The Keystone is operating and has been for a decade, oil pipes do not produce oil it transfers it, and that oil is being transferred. You are right Trump brokered a deal to shut down oil production which we are paying for now.

Trump plays key role in brokering historic oil deal | Fox Business​

https://www.foxbusiness.com › markets › trump-saudi-ara...

Apr 13, 2020 — President Trump played a key role in the historic agreement between the world's largest oil producers that trims global production by nearly ...

I'll gladly pay for this inflation and gas to rid us of these awful people who hate our fucking guts

It took Biden 14 mos to get where Carter was in 3 yrs

We're not even close to bottoming out of this mess and the climb will be slow

Every thing we said would happen happened with these giddy group think losers on this board
Yeah, shutting down society and production had no effect on today's prices at all...lol...

Forum List

Back