Do teachers have the right to force students to remove their Ash Wednesday forehead "Ash"?

The boy accepted the teacher's apology, and his family has said they don't want her to be fired. Chances are she'll be on administrative leave just long enough for the story to go away, which will be all of a week, at most.

I doubt that there will be any "administrative leave" involved. This was simple mistake, but one she will not make again..

What the teacher did was stupid, but I hope they let her back soon. The boy said he felt bad because he thinks she genuinely didn't understand the significance of the ash. I don't think her being fired is going to make him feel any better.

Look up that teacher like I did. She is at LEAST in her forties. She was asking him to remove something that was 1. Religious and 2. On his body

I hate the mobs we've become in 2019, always seeking someone's jailing or firing. But as a teacher myself I think she handled this horribly and there's really no excuse.

Where are you getting this account? Everything i have read indicated she did not know it was a religious symbol. Are you sure you are not reading a left-ming blog?

What the teacher did was stupid, but I hope they let her back soon. The boy said he felt bad because he thinks she genuinely didn't understand the significance of the ash. I don't think her being fired is going to make him feel any better.

Look up that teacher like I did. She is at LEAST in her forties. She was asking him to remove something that was 1. Religious and 2. On his body

I hate the mobs we've become in 2019, always seeking someone's jailing or firing. But as a teacher myself I think she handled this horribly and there's really no excuse.

Where are you getting this account? Everything i have read indicated she did not know it was a religious symbol. Are you sure you are not reading a left-ming blog?

Here:

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A teacher in the predominantly Mormon state of Utah was placed on administrative leave after she forced a Catholic student to wash off the Ash Wednesday cross from his forehead.

William McLeod, 9, had just returned to his school near Salt Lake City after attending Catholic mass when his fourth-grade teacher called the ash marking "inappropriate" and gave him a hand wipe to clean it off in front of his classmates, grandmother Karen Fisher said.

At first William explained that he couldn't remove it because it was important for the beginning of Easter but eventually obliged, Fisher said.

"He went to see the school's psychologist crying," said Fisher. "He was embarrassed."

Utah teacher forces student to wash off Ash Wednesday cross, calls it 'inappropriate'

The teacher should be fired. Not only because the teacher forced the boy to wipe off his ash, but because the teacher is so stupid as to not know the nature of the ash.

Wow! Excuse the rest of us for not knowing every little detail of every religion in the world. We should all be fired. The teacher admitted she was wrong, apologized and now knows the difference.

I had no idea what it meant until I went to college. I had never heard of Mormons before I met one in boot camp. Later, my best friend was Mormon.

Because the majority of America is not Catholic or Protestant? No. She should be fired. She infringed on the boy's 1st amendment right. I got $2 says teach is an inbred Mormon.

In my area, Catholics are as common as hen's teeth, so why would I know about their religious practices if I had never been associated with their particular beliefs? In a school district where I once taught, about 80% of the area attended Catholic schools until they reached high school It all depends on where you live and that to which you are exposed.
I can understand why we need to defend our teachers. But there has been many of them that shouldn't at all be teaching the children. Like if they keeps on feeding to this script that Pres.Trump is evil and Christianity is a cult. That children absorbs these information. But before the teacher wiped the ash from off of his forehead. The teacher should of asked him to give her permission to touch him to wipe off the ash. Not just come up to him, and wiped off before he could respond. She could of have injured him in some way. There are a lot of teachers that are pedophiles and hate students that will not sexually pleasure them, because of their Christian upbringing. And Christianity teaches morals and which they hate..

I'm not feeling sorry for a little dweeb, with my experiences with public education, sorry. See Public Universities have the dwindling below 50% state funding, and they're now atheist Establishment zones. They don't have to follow laws! The most straight-laced student organization identified Presbyterian, and I retained membership, and by the end of the professor-council's typical screwing around , I was an evil proselytizer and harasser from the start with no thought in my head. I'd like to have seen anyone else Begin to meet what is expected protocol! They will typically associate hocus pocus and yourself and discriminate students. "I need to look outside the horizons of church" that I never went to.

Last edited:
Why would an elementary school teacher think she had the authority and power to interfere with the religious practice of one of her students? She could have, should have, consulted with her superior before making such a decision, to say nothing of the fact that as a college-educated teacher she should have known the basic fundamentals of the First Amendment to the Constitution. One can only imagine what else this moron in unaware and uneducated about.

The more critical question is why isn't the Department of Education abolished yet. It's not even constitutional. The Republicans used to run on abolishing it. Dunno why they stopped.
Republicans want people stupid. Did you see the Texas republican party platform? They said they don’t want students being taught critical thinking skills because if they think for themselves they won’t listen to their parents or their preachers.
I’ve linked to it many times. I’m sure everybody’s read it.

Nothing Universal about evil Professors, then a few think they have 'professorial liberties' that entirely included nay-saying, picking out students for ridicule, with their own questions that they pointedly pose at students, they should totally get Einstein in a classroom for Jews and measure his head, right? I mean where are distinctions here in today's education system? That is surely the bit of information, admire your professor! Some people have reported not liking your presence in class, of course you are immediately removed and the people with hissy fits remain intact. Its a European soccer whining system. I mean typical neglect of snot-nosed kids is the more acceptable 3 other years of the degree, and they had an agenda the minute this all came up.

They refused me Back to study another degree, failing Automatic Acceptance criteria on numbers, on effort, or skill, here's what they said . Firstly, an argument with a student, that wouldn't have happened, if you didn't respond with high-school level information on the protestant reformation. 2. Pushing religion on professors. So you can see their reasons they deliver directly at huge meeting table in ceremonial university capacity, 1, not with that religion 2, not with that religion.

Last edited:
The teacher should be fired. Not only because the teacher forced the boy to wipe off his ash, but because the teacher is so stupid as to not know the nature of the ash.

Wow! Excuse the rest of us for not knowing every little detail of every religion in the world. We should all be fired. The teacher admitted she was wrong, apologized and now knows the difference.

I had no idea what it meant until I went to college. I had never heard of Mormons before I met one in boot camp. Later, my best friend was Mormon.

Because the majority of America is not Catholic or Protestant? No. She should be fired. She infringed on the boy's 1st amendment right. I got $2 says teach is an inbred Mormon.

In my area, Catholics are as common as hen's teeth, so why would I know about their religious practices if I had never been associated with their particular beliefs? In a school district where I once taught, about 80% of the area attended Catholic schools until they reached high school It all depends on where you live and that to which you are exposed.
I can understand why we need to defend our teachers. But there has been many of them that shouldn't at all be teaching the children. Like if they keeps on feeding to this script that Pres.Trump is evil and Christianity is a cult. That children absorbs these information. But before the teacher wiped the ash from off of his forehead. The teacher should of asked him to give her permission to touch him to wipe off the ash. Not just come up to him, and wiped off before he could respond. She could of have injured him in some way. There are a lot of teachers that are pedophiles and hate students that will not sexually pleasure them, because of their Christian upbringing. And Christianity teaches morals and which they hate..

Pardon me, but on behalf of teachers everywhere, fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Here:

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A teacher in the predominantly Mormon state of Utah was placed on administrative leave after she forced a Catholic student to wash off the Ash Wednesday cross from his forehead.

William McLeod, 9, had just returned to his school near Salt Lake City after attending Catholic mass when his fourth-grade teacher called the ash marking "inappropriate" and gave him a hand wipe to clean it off in front of his classmates, grandmother Karen Fisher said.

At first William explained that he couldn't remove it because it was important for the beginning of Easter but eventually obliged, Fisher said.

"He went to see the school's psychologist crying," said Fisher. "He was embarrassed."

Utah teacher forces student to wash off Ash Wednesday cross, calls it 'inappropriate'

How does any of that disagree with what I said?

Pardon me, but on behalf of teachers everywhere, fuck you and the horse you rode in on.
Haha, ya right, Admiral. These Professors and teachers too, sure, and well if they could fit a horse through the door... Not that it really Matters what horse it was, like, Psychotic breaks mixed with atheism, yes the world also soon sees it my way... taking notes? In every case in discussion, something about the students just Doesn't Feel Right, get off lesson plan. Whats amazing, is how many mandatory meetings and follow-ups they can schedule from this unilateral premise alone. totally amazing.

Many people wear their ash to where they work. It's their business only.

D1CCuooX0AUrYBe.jpg

You would think Laura's forehead would burst into flame considering her lies and false witness and her racism.

Utah student 'feels bad' for teacher who made him take off Ash Wednesday cross

BBUvQKb.img

Utah student 'feels bad' for teacher who made him take off Ash Wednesday cross

The teacher has since apologized and when asked if he accepted her apology, William said, “Yeah, I kinda feel bad.”

The school has placed the teacher on administrative leave, Fox News reported.

---------------------------

This happened in Utah. I lived in Utah for a few months before I enlisted RA. I can't believe there are any teachers in Utah that aren't Mormon.

Is Ash Wednesday a Mormon tradition? I bet not.

So is this a situation of one religion against another?

Why would anyone trample on another person's religious beliefs?

I believe in separation of church and state.

The teacher should have left it alone as nobody's business.
No..that was very uncool...

Well that just shows, how much y'all teachers knows. I don't even own a horse. Unless you are referring to a Ford Mustang? It is kinda funny that they allows students to read mythological book, like Zeus, a god. Whom had abducted and had great sex with a young boy. But claims that the Bible is a mythological book, but will not allowed students to read. And so it is okay to read books about child abduction and rape on school grounds. What kinda a message that they are sending to the students?

But claims that the Bible is a mythological book, but will not allowed students to read.
Actually, in what the rest of us call reality, nearly every time a religious studies course is proposed for high school curricula, it's the Christians coming out loudest against it. They are the ones who don't want to see their preferred iron aged fairy tale lumped in with the other religious myths invented by men, as well as fearing what exposure to other religions in an academic setting might do to their little brainwashed kids.

But claims that the Bible is a mythological book, but will not allowed students to read.
Actually, in what the rest of us call reality, nearly every time a religious studies course is proposed for high school curricula, it's the Christians coming out loudest against it. They are the ones who don't want to see their preferred iron aged fairy tale lumped in with the other religious myths invented by men, as well as fearing what exposure to other religions in an academic setting might do to their little brainwashed kids.

This is why I believe that the reason why Pres.Trump banned Transsexual from joining the military. The radical Islamic belief is a religion of torture before killing the enemy. They might wait a while before they beheaded someone from a heterosexual persuasion. But they automatically tortures and kill the LGBTQ. But schools allows their books to be read in schools. The Globalist are trying to start a race/ religious war.

Forum List

Back