Do Lefties favor a social credit system?

With the advent of Hyatt Hotels being canceled due to them hosting CPAC, does the Left wing favor the state officially canceling people or a business if they do or say something offensive using the CCP social credit system?

In other words, let's say someone hears you say a racial slur, or offensive joke, next thing you know someone reports you as points are taken from your social credit score. This may cause you not to be able to fly on a plane, obtain a mortgage, or even get a job.

I think the American PC version of the CCP social credit system is doing a fine job, so perhaps it would be over kill.

Isn't fascism wonderful?
Eh, how are they being "cancelled?" Who's doing this cancelling, it would be helpful if you would first support that premise, before you ask if "leftist" (such a nice all encompassing generalisation) support something that happens in China.

Nevertheless I'll answer your question. For me, because I don't presume to speak for all leftists.

No I don't think the government being able to decide what someone can and can not say or do is a good idea. Providing that's what being said or done is not harmful to other people. Defining harm very narrowly. (being insulted for instance would be to broad)

Freedom also means I reserve for myself the right to be insulted in the broadest possible sense and me as an individual have the right to act on this perceived insult by for instance not buying a product or service. Again drawing the line at actually harming someone else, defining harm narrowly.

Luckily I'm not someone who takes offence all that easy.
But you are OK with corporations deciding what people can and can't do.

For example, you are OK with Twitter not letting Trump speak to the country, and censoring those that support him.

Or if the corporations want to ban Trump and his followers from flying, that would be OK as well.

Correct?
I wish you would just ask me an open-ended question instead of representing my position and then tacking correct on the end of it. It shows an unwillingness to listen.

Depends on what the people are doing to that corporation. I don't mind for instance a k-mart taking a dim view of shoplifting.

It comes down to what I said before about not harming other people. And in the case of corporations like Twitter and facebook, terms of service. Twitter in my opinion has both on their side. Twitter reserved the right to suspend accounts on their platform of their terms of service are broken. And Trumps twitter account was used as a place were people who actually did real physical harm got their ideas and justification.

I'm personally not completely sure even if they should have done it but they have the right.

By the way, you can not have it both ways. Either you believe that the government has no right to interfere in business or individuals choices of social conduct or you don't . If you don't then you agree that Twitter has the right to suspend Trump's account.

Last edited:
Are you in favor of a social credit system?

That sort fo conservative cancel culture is an anathema to liberals.

So, how's Mike Pence doing? What's that? He was cancelled completely, same as anyone who doesn't genuflect before DearLeader?

Cults of personality, like the one you're in, are authoritarian. Fascism is authoritarianism which supports crony capitialism and tries to maintain the status quo. Therefore, the Trump cult fits the definition of fascism. Needless to say, liberalism doesn't tick any of the boxes, so calling liberals fascists is clearly projection on the part of actual fascists.

For example, should those who protested Jan 6th be put on a "no fly list"?

The ones who committed crimes, yes. Those engaging in violent treason are an obvious risk to all Americans. Do you disagree?

If you'd stop running cover for fascist traitors, people would stop pointing out that you're running cover for fascist traitors. Complaining about how unfair it is that we point out your reprehensible behavior is not going to get us to stop pointing out your reprehensible behavior. That's consequences culture, and conservatives hate it, because they believe they have the God-given right to behave reprehensibly and suffer no consequences for it. Responsibility is just for liberals.

Hilarious post. Thanks!

Supporters of the Credit System claim that the system helps to regulate social behavior, improve the "trustworthiness" which includes paying taxes and bills on time and promote traditional moral values,

Seems to be a system that rewards good social behavior and punishes bad
So f you are a volunteer Fireman, participate in civic projects, help the elderly......You get special privileges.

If you are a known criminal, wife beater, deadbeat dad......You are at the back of the line

If you don't then you agree that Twitter has the right to suspend Trump's account.

USMB has rules you have to follow. You are allowed free speech within the construct of those rules. If you repeatedly break them in spite of being warned.....You get banned

Same thing happened to Trump on Twitter

With the advent of Hyatt Hotels being canceled due to them hosting CPAC, does the Left wing favor the state officially canceling people or a business if they do or say something offensive using the CCP social credit system?

In other words, let's say someone hears you say a racial slur, or offensive joke, next thing you know someone reports you as points are taken from your social credit score. This may cause you not to be able to fly on a plane, obtain a mortgage, or even get a job.

I think the American PC version of the CCP social credit system is doing a fine job, so perhaps it would be over kill.

Isn't fascism wonderful?
Right wingers tried to cancel Congress doing their job at the Capitol. How many Republican legislators could not vote their conscience due to right wing intimidation?

Do we want someone who takes drugs drive a bus for a living, etc.?

Not while they are driving, but what they do at home is none of my business
Just to be clear....you are saying someone who drives a bus gets a pass even though he/she is willing to break his/her local law by buying pot from one who is illegally selling who is profiting and not paying taxes on that profit?

You are OK with that person driving your 6 year old to school?

Good fir you.

What if the driver is a know conservative wacko like the pillow guy you have said you won't buy any pillows off of because he is a conservative wacko?

Would you not want to know so you can boycott the cab or Uber ride?

It seems like you do want to know peoples personal business, but you are too hypocritical to see or admit it.
Excessive consumption of drugs may explain the pillow guy
Brain damage is what explains you.

Isn't fascism wonderful?
Eh, how are they being "cancelled?" Who's doing this cancelling, it would be helpful if you would first support that premise, before you ask if "leftist" (such a nice all encompassing generalisation) support something that happens in China.

Nevertheless I'll answer your question. For me, because I don't presume to speak for all leftists.

No I don't think the government being able to decide what someone can and can not say or do is a good idea. Providing that's what being said or done is not harmful to other people. Defining harm very narrowly. (being insulted for instance would be to broad)

Freedom also means I reserve for myself the right to be insulted in the broadest possible sense and me as an individual have the right to act on this perceived insult by for instance not buying a product or service. Again drawing the line at actually harming someone else, defining harm narrowly.

Luckily I'm not someone who takes offence all that easy.
But you are OK with corporations deciding what people can and can't do.

For example, you are OK with Twitter not letting Trump speak to the country, and censoring those that support him.

Or if the corporations want to ban Trump and his followers from flying, that would be OK as well.

Correct?
Of course it would, but I don't know if they will deny it. I suspect not.

Just to be clear....you are saying someone who drives a bus gets a pass even though he/she is willing to break his/her local law by buying pot from one who is illegally selling who is profiting and not paying taxes on that profit?

Good fir you.

I don’t care if you smoke pot. It is legal in my state.
As long as you are not high when driving, I don’t care what you do on your own time

Isn't fascism wonderful?

We've had a 'Social Credit System' for a very, very long time. Companies like Equifax and Transunion evaluate all of us for credit worthiness. Anyone that is not credit worthy is a third class citizen.

The only difference between what the Chinese are doing and what we do, is that the Chinese take into account non-financial factors, that Equifax and Transunion do not.

However, in the U.S. private business takes non-financial factors into account. Black listing people is still common. Requiring membership in underground fraternities, like the Mafia, the Free Masons or Country club connections goes on all the time.

The government has had to create equal opportuniyy laws to help stop some of the non-financial evaluations.

Good fir you.

I don’t care if you smoke pot. It is legal in my state.
As long as you are not high when driving, I don’t care what you do on your own time
Diversion from your post.

Here is my question.......again.....lets take out YOUR local law....address the question......

you are saying someone who drives a bus gets a pass even though he/she is willing to break his/her local law by buying pot from one who is illegally selling who is profiting and not paying taxes on that profit?

Are you OK with that person driving your 6 year old to school?

Isn't fascism wonderful?

We've had a 'Social Credit System' for a very, very long time. Companies like Equifax and Transunion evaluate all of us for credit worthiness. Anyone that is not credit worthy is a third class citizen.

The only difference between what the Chinese are doing and what we do, is that the Chinese take into account non-financial factors, that Equifax and Transunion do not.

However, in the U.S. private business takes non-financial factors into account. Black listing people is still common. Requiring membership in underground fraternities, like the Mafia, the Free Masons or Country club connections goes on all the time.

The government has had to create equal opportuniyy laws to help stop some of the non-financial evaluations.
Seems you dont understand how credit worthiness works.

For example.......I may be a great guy. People love me, I mow the lawn for my elderly neighbor, i serve food on Thanksgiving at the local shelter, I make people laugh, I let them cry on my shoulder when they are sad...

Yet, i defaulted on many credit cards.

If you were in the lending industry, would you lend money to those that are deemed "nice people" but have a terrible credit history or an income that doesnt show the ability to pay back the debt over time??

Didnt we experience that back in 2008?

How did that pan out?

Isn't fascism wonderful?

For example.......I may be a great guy. People love me, I mow the lawn for my elderly neighbor, i serve food on Thanksgiving at the local shelter, I make people laugh, I let them cry on my shoulder when they are sad...

If you were in the lending industry, would you lend money to those that are deemed "nice people" but have a terrible credit history or an income that doesnt show the ability to pay back the debt over time??

How did that pan out?

Wow, you completely missed what I was saying!

Isn't fascism wonderful?

How did that pan out?

Wow, you completely missed what I was saying!
Nope. Sorry.

I see you are one of those posters who respond with an insult to the intelligence of his opponent.

No interest.

Isn't fascism wonderful?

PROGS are the cancel culture, they suck badly & can't deny it successfully.

What if the driver is a know conservative wacko like the pillow guy you have said you won't buy any pillows off of because he is a conservative wacko?

Would you not want to know so you can boycott the cab or Uber ride?

It seems like you do want to know peoples personal business, but you are too hypocritical to see or admit it.
Excessive consumption of drugs may explain the pillow guy
I see, now you care about his drug consumption

Very telling

Forum List

Back