Do Illegals take "Jobs that Americans Won't Do?"

no....some people don't realize that they are sinking and working for a losing battle....they keep coming out of habit.
No? What are you saying no to? If they keep coming back, then the wage isn't below the "natural minimum" (at least not as defined above).

No? What are you saying no to? If they keep coming back, then the wage isn't below the "natural minimum" (at least not as defined above).
Sure I'm not actually arguing with you...I am saying that some people are already below that level and are more or less like the walking dead financially.
I see this all the time. We call them the working homeless here in Massachusetts. People who are working minimum wage jobs and going home to the local Salvation Army doorway or the expressway bridge. It's actually gotten to be quite bad here these days.
But you're observation I believe is correct.....I just kind of worded it in a screwed up way.

JO

This from the same folks who shot their pants over Gasoline prices raising a nickel.

My family to make money have picked in the fields including us kids from before daylight to too dark to work. I worked on loading dock at a citrus packing house for 1.50 an hour from 7 am until there were no more oranges ,which sometimes went to midnight .I worked at a worm farm were one of the jobs was shoveling fresh cow manure in to a trailer and feeding it to worms 14day straight with one day off. All considered Agriculture work so the wage laws do not apply. Cleaned trash from construction sites worked every job in residential construction from site clearing to final punchout and warranty. Landscaping and horticulture ,soil and water erosion control is what I have certifications in. Structure and grounds repair and maintenance for over 20 years which yes included cleaning human feces from clogged sewer lines .Worked every weekend and holiday for the city doing the same type of work for 20 years. Yet I am an American and white and it didn't bother me at all. I knew I was at the bottom of the social order and had to work my way up. I took advantage of some of that ''War Against Poverty'' programs to get where I am. Which is I would say lower middle class. But from my experience Americans will do any job there is if they have too. But if you have illegals working those jobs for practically nothing employers will hire them instead of American low income workers. In my opinion the employers exploit these people not giving them a'' helping hand''. And those that knowingly hire and exploit these people need prison time and pay a large fine.

It was increasing productivity that let us grow as we did. Ford actually doubled his workers pay and made them work fewer hours and his company prospered.
It was Europe destroying themselves every decade or so that let us become the world's greatest global manufacturing power.

It was Europe destroying themselves every decade or so that let us become the world's greatest global manufacturing power.
Yes...and I find it quite interesting that al of our early manufacturing giants were Europeans.

Welfare doesnt pay you much unless you have KIDS. If you are single, you get Medicaid, Food Stamps and if you are VERY VERY VERY LUCKY, a Section 8 housing voucher. Most case workers are b lack and they favor giving the LIMITED NUMBER of Section 8 vouchers to other b lacks.

Welfare doesnt pay you much unless you have KIDS. If you are single, you get Medicaid, Food Stamps and if you are VERY VERY VERY LUCKY, a Section 8 housing voucher. Most case workers are b lack and they favor giving the LIMITED NUMBER of Section 8 vouchers to other b lacks.

when you're single and in need, you're last on the list to get help.

Forum List

Back