Do I Really Have to Spend My Life Savings on Insurance?

Without obieCare the guy would probably be paying his normal rate. Now he can't afford it anymore so he needs to opt out via permission of the state. The more government gets involved the more expensive anything gets.

Without obieCare the guy would probably be paying his normal rate. Now he can't afford it anymore so he needs to opt out via permission of the state. The more government gets involved the more expensive anything gets.

And let's remind all that, prior to the liar-in-chief, polls showed almost 90% of the persons with insurance were happy with same.

IF his story is TRUE, and he is unemployed and has no to little income, coming in...

He does not have to buy Health care insurance, the mandate means nothing, he can get an exemption...and is free and clear, with no penalty, to go without Health care insurance...

His ignorance has caused his grief of spending the $450 a month on healthcare while unemployed, NOT the ACA itself....

There are plenty of problems with Obamacare that needs fixing or eliminating, but his beef, is not one of them....there are already exemptions on the mandate in the Act that he can utilize.
your missing the point

he should not have to get an exemption

this is supposed to be a free country, not that you want it to be one, but that is what it was meant to be
When was it ever this ''free country''? Not in my lifetime.... :(
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Country was pretty FREE in earlier years . The first infringement i remember seeing was being told by the STATE that i had to wear a motorcycle helmet in 1964 [think it was] . Then after that there have been lots of gun laws that are also infringement on American Freedoms. Next i see infringement on Religion , Speech , mrobamacare mandates . Infringements on Freedom are a regular happening during clinton , bush and the gwb and under mrobamas regime . Next , with an illary regime patterned after mrobama we will see all sorts of Freedom infringing laws and rules by the 'illary' if she gets in . ------------------ More infringement , rules and laws is GOOD for you illary supporters and your kids .

It's amazing how many WHINERS believe there's something bad about acting like responsible adults and taking care of their and their family's health.

I've also noticed most of them don't know the difference between "your" and "you're."

The assumption is that either they're too young to have actually had a job or that Daddy Corporation took care of them until recently so they didn't have to act like adults.

The very notion of having to spend 5-10 minutes seeking out a health insurance plan that works for them is terrifying.

Poor widdle kiddies...

Freedom used to be , have insurance if you want it or don't have it as it is a persons personal decision before mrobama care and mandate Arian!!

Freedom used to be , have insurance if you want it or don't have it as it is a persons personal decision before mrobama care and mandate Arian!!

You mean freedom to sponge off your fellow citizens if you had no insurance and got hit by a truck or were diagnosed with cancer or a lifelong degenerative condition, i.e., taking freedom from the rest of us because we had to pay for your selfish ass?

It's amazing how many WHINERS believe there's something bad about acting like responsible adults and taking care of their and their family's health.
..and here's the obiecare shill, right on cue. Disagreeing with your totalitarian ass isn't whining. Lies and spin is the hallmark of the leftist.

You mean freedom to sponge off your fellow citizens if you had no insurance and got hit by a truck or were diagnosed with cancer or a lifelong degenerative condition, i.e., taking freedom from the rest of us because we had to pay for your selfish ass?
If 90% were happy with their insurance before obiecare that would indicate to a normal person that 90% were insured. Punishing us all for the 10% that doesn't HAVE to be taken care of by others is wrong, but it's the type of thing leftists do.

If 90% were happy with their insurance before obiecare that would indicate to a normal person that 90% were insured. Punishing us all for the 10% that doesn't HAVE to be taken care of by others is wrong, but it's the type of thing leftists do.

ObamaCare was not designed to advance healthcare....but to advance the size of government.

There seem to be only two ironclad rules of government:
Rule no.1: Always try to expand;
Rule no. 2: see Rule no. 1.
Beck, Balfe, “Broke,” p. 115

The surprising thing is that there are still any dopes around who haven't recognized what an abject failure ObamaCare is.

OMG!!!
There are more twists and turns in that post than in Nadia Comaneci's floor routine!

The billions that ObamaCare has squandered on failed 'exchanges' and this dunce complains about the generosity of Americans.

"...the exchanges are on the brink of collapse. Major insurers are quitting, premiums are skyrocketing, enrollment is below expectations, and the administration is taking increasingly desperate measures to paper over the problems. By this time next year, the exchanges could be out of business."
Read more at: More Duct Tape Won’t Save Obamacare’s Collapsing Exchanges

Big "if." I'm sure you have hard data to support that 90% figure, and you'll be happy to post it, amiright?

Big "if." I'm sure you have hard data to support that 90% figure, and you'll be happy to post it, amiright?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------American shouldn't be FORCED to buy their neighbors health insurance Arian .

Oops, I was wrong. It was 14.8%, not 10% uninsured.

More Americans Went Uninsured in 2009 Than in 2008

But when did it become the government's responsibility to provide healthcare for us? I don't remember the vote.

OMG!!!
There are more twists and turns in that post than in Nadia Comaneci's floor routine!

The billions that ObamaCare has squandered on failed 'exchanges' and this dunce complains about the generosity of Americans.

"...the exchanges are on the brink of collapse. Major insurers are quitting, premiums are skyrocketing, enrollment is below expectations, and the administration is taking increasingly desperate measures to paper over the problems. By this time next year, the exchanges could be out of business."
Read more at: More Duct Tape Won’t Save Obamacare’s Collapsing Exchanges
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- and the funny thing is that these dunces are still getting expensive insurance and healthcare by 'nurse practitioners' and 'doctors assistants' many of foreign third world origin , same as witch doctors . [chuckle]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------American shouldn't be FORCED to buy their neighbors health insurance Arian .

So, no data, just opinion. And if you were shown how much the uninsured cost you prior to the PPACA, you'd :lalala:

So, no data, just opinion. And if you were shown how much the uninsured cost you prior to the PPACA, you'd :lalala:
Your problem is that you believe the uninsured have the right to be fully taken care of, but you never cite your source.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ i don't care about the cost . Its the principle that an American is not forced to buy insurance or to pay for his neighbors insurance Arian . This mandate is akin to slavery , pay or be forced in one way or the other to pay or part with your personal money Arian .

Would appreciate replies from people who have dealt with Medi-Cal, or other state Medicaid programs. In re: how poor you have to be to qualify.

I'm looking to get a better deal on health insurance (I'm unemployed,** currently paying ~$450/mo on the cheapest plan I could find). I am spending the money in my savings account to keep my coverage -- $5400 a year just for insurance!

I am speaking with someone from Medi-Cal on Monday, but I'm guessing that, with more than $10,000 in savings, they're going to tell me that I don't qualify.

It doesn't make sense to me that, conceivably, I will only be able to get lowered insurance rates when I have bankrupted myself over several years by paying standard insurance rates. $5000+ a year is a lot of money for -- well -- nothing.

Is that what they're going to tell me on Monday? That I have to keep spending my savings, $450 / mo , on standard insurance until I have almost no money left?
  • You put in all this money and get a little tiny trickle of it back in an occasional doctor's visit. You just keep paying, hoping that if you have a "major medical incident" that your expenses will be covered.
** Am currently unemployed, with two master's degrees (MEd, and MS in Engineering) no-one will hire me to teach STEM in California schools because with two Master's I'm "at the top of our pay scale" -- so schools keep telling me. They want people with less experience and Bachelor's degrees, that's what schools can afford.

Well, you know the Obama viewpoint:

"You didn't earn that all by yourself." So, the government has every right to determine where the "not all yours" money goes.

Your problem is that you believe the uninsured have the right to be fully taken care of, but you never cite your source.

No. My awareness is that because the Great God Reagan signed the EMTALA, Americans are no longer required to die in the street.

I know that bothers you, but too damn bad.

Forum List

Back