Do I qualify as accepting western values?

Slavery, franchise for property owning white males only, now those were real values
Historical perspective buddy.

Those were the values of the entire world.

No one with any intellect applies today's values to folks that lived hundreds of years ago.

The Articles of Confederation were a bust.
Oh yeah. . . because what the American government is doing to the global population and it's own citizens today? That is working out SO well. . .

:rolleyes:

lol no they weren't 'deists'; deists were a tiny minority, just because maybe a few, maybe a half dozen famous ones claimed at one time to be 'deists' when they were young doesn't make most of them 'deists'. The overwhelming majority were Christians of one stripe or another.
. . . and based on their experiences with the heads of theological organizations in Europe. . . none of them wanted anything to do with religion in government.

Oh yeah. . . because what the American government is doing to the global population and it's own citizens today? That is working out SO well. . .

Um....and your opinion on whatever you're alluding to means the Articles of Confederation weren't a bust?

Um....and your opinion on whatever you're alluding to means the Articles of Confederation weren't a bust?

Oh yeah, they were a bust if you were a land owning, wealthy elite. Several times in the video, that guy even admits he takes the side of the oligarchy.

:auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
If you happened to have to rent land to farm, and you were a revolutionary war vet, and your only way to get your product to market in the spring was by making it into whiskey, but the only folks that could vote on what to tax, were land owners. . . the whole slogan, "NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION," the whole system sort of seemed. . . well, a giant hypocrisy in retrospect when the elites went tax free, but the only folks being taxed were the poor.

Are you really advocating for the Articles of Confederation? Talk about trying to pick up a lost fight...
If that is the sort of language and tactics in having that conversation you would use? Of course it is. . .

That doesn’t really answer my question directly. Do you think you could take a shot at answering my question directly?
Why? What would be the point? That time in history is gone, and those circumstances in history are also past. It is a pointless exercise.

I have no need to.

iu

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Why? What would be the point? That time in history is gone, and those circumstances in history are also past. It is a pointless exercise.
woulda-coulda-shouldas-layin-in-the-sun-talkin-bout-the-things-they-woulda-coulda-shel-silverstein-36-45-30.jpg&f=1&nofb=1[/IMG]

I have no need to.
You have no need not to. You expressed an opinion on the subject then suddenly turned and ran from it. Seems odd.

You have no need not to. You expressed an opinion on the subject then suddenly turned and ran from it. Seems odd.
:heehee:

Yeah. W/E.

I see what you are doing here. Troll away. I'm not interested. Taunt a second, third or forth time if you please.

Another City Hall hack. There's a gun-grabbing county sheriff running up an off-the-books registered sex offender list.
Sheriff's have to run for office every few terms. If that is the will of the local populace, that is their choice. Who are you to say otherwise. Local folks know what they want for their community, and they know their local folks.

Forum List

Back