do gangster rappers hate the black community?

scarface

Rookie
Mar 19, 2006
i know alot of them are black, and they must know that most black youth today listens to rap. so why are they always rapping about 'kill dat ******' or "kill this ******", advocate being a criminal, going to prison, hurting each other in some way, not to mention using the word ****** so much like it's a good thing, even calling themself a ******. if i was black and some other black dude called me ****** i get pissed. the black community in america has enough problems without so much gangsta rap trying to make it worse.
:2guns:

scarface said:
i know alot of them are black, and they must know that most black youth today listens to rap. so why are they always rapping about 'kill dat ******' or "kill this ******", advocate being a criminal, going to prison, hurting each other in some way, not to mention using the word ****** so much like it's a good thing, even calling themself a ******. if i was black and some other black dude called me ****** i get pissed. the black community in america has enough problems without so much gangsta rap trying to make it worse.
:2guns:
Guess who finances and consumes most of that gangsta rap?

White suburban kids trying to piss off mommy and daddy.

I don't think most rappers really consider the effect their music has on the black community. I think it's mostly a matter of "okay, this sells, so let's do this." After NWA blew up, the record companies couldn't wait to put out songs about killing people and stuff. Once Jay-Z got big, every song you heard was about "look at how much money I got." I guess 'crunk' music is the current trend? I don't know, the last rap album I bought was The Marshall Mathers LP, and that was like six years ago.

The ClayTaurus said:

non blacks is my guess. i don't get your point, if you're trying to make one.
:boobies:

Dan said:
White suburban kids trying to piss off mommy and daddy.

I don't think most rappers really consider the effect their music has on the black community. I think it's mostly a matter of "okay, this sells, so let's do this." After NWA blew up, the record companies couldn't wait to put out songs about killing people and stuff. Once Jay-Z got big, every song you heard was about "look at how much money I got." I guess 'crunk' music is the current trend? I don't know, the last rap album I bought was The Marshall Mathers LP, and that was like six years ago.

believe it or not, other (non black) races listen to rap just as much as white.
and no offense but thinking that black gangster rappers don't realize how their words influence young blacks is incredibly ignorant. this old realization has been brought up several times for years directly to certain black gangster rappers through the media.
:bow3:

scarface said:
non blacks is my guess. i don't get your point, if you're trying to make one.
:boobies:
I guess we should get mad at Al Pacino and Robert Deniro and anyone else who ever made a mob movie. After all, blacks love those movies. Al Pacino and Robert Deniro don't care about the black community.

And the Kool Aid man, he doesn't care about the black community either. After all, if he did, he wouldn't push a product that contributed to obesity.

And the list goes on, and on, and on.

But not you, though. You really care about the black community. Good for you.

dmp said:
You either provide your age or your account will be closed. We have a rule about being 14 or older.

why didn't you just say that?

i thought i did have my age in there when joining.
i'll try again.

:thanks:

The ClayTaurus said:
I guess we should get mad at Al Pacino and Robert Deniro and anyone else who ever made a mob movie. After all, blacks love those movies. Al Pacino and Robert Deniro don't care about the black community.

And the Kool Aid man, he doesn't care about the black community either. After all, if he did, he wouldn't push a product that contributed to obesity.

koolaid.jpg

The ClayTaurus said:

well even those italian mob movies had a bad influence for young italians, especially from the east coast. not much better. but gangster rap is more of a epidemic these days.

scarface said:
well even those italian mob movies had a bad influence for young italians, especially from the east coast. not much better. but gangster rap is more of a epidemic these days.
You need to understand what you're talking about better before you go around spouting talking points you heard or read somewhere. You look unprepared and foolish.

The ClayTaurus said:
Hey, stay on topic. You'll last longer, little boy.

i take it you don't agree with me that ganster rap is a bad influence for too many black youths? maybe because you like it yourself and try and live the thug life?

scarface said:
i take it you don't agree with me that ganster rap is a bad influence for too many black youths? maybe because you like it yourself and try and live the thug life?
I think people should stop focusing on what is and what is not a bad influence and start focusing on how to take responsibility for themselves.

You have the psychological insight of a 13 year old.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
The ClayTaurus said:
You need to understand what you're talking about better before you go around spouting talking points you heard or read somewhere. You look unprepared and foolish.

that's your opinion. i question how much you get out into the real world and see what's going on? read the paper or watch the news?
myself? everyday.

Forum List

Back