Do Christians break the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th commandments just by being Christians?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
"First Commandment (Exodus 20:2): I am the Lord Your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Second Commandment (Exodus 20:3-6): You shall have no other gods beside Me. You shall not make for yourself any graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them, nor serve them, for I, the Lord Your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.

Fourth Commandment (Exodus 20:8-11): Remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a Sabbath unto the Lord Your God, in it you shall not do any manner of work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your man-servant, nor your maid-servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates; for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested on the seventh day. Wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and made it holy.

Fifth Commandment (Exodus 20:12): Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord God gives you."

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
- Luke 14

Sabbath is Friday sundown to Saturday sundown now and thousands of years ago. Christians attend worship services on Sunday which is fine, but they seem to believe Sunday is the Sabbatha s a result and thus aren't abiding by restrictions of activities during the real Sabbath.

Christians worship Jesus, a man as God; they wear crosses bowing and prostrating themselves before them.

These seem pretty straight-foward examples of how every Christian breaks 4 major commandments just by being Christian.

Of course, from a Jewish perspective, you are correct.

But then, from a Christian perspective, Jews aren't saved and are going to burn for eternity, aren't they?

But then, from a Christian perspective, Jews aren't saved and are going to burn for eternity, aren't they?

Deuteronony 13:1 says not to add to or take away from the commandments of Torah.

Adding an entire NT to the Tanach would seem to be adding to Torah.

Deuteronony 13:1 says not to add to or take away from the commandments of Torah.

Again, all I can say is that you do not understand Christianity. I don't care. If you really care, look it up.

YOU think it is simple and clear cut, but I think you are just trolling. From a Christian perspective, none of those things you mentioned are really legitimate. If I were to go into WHY they aren't, it would take me more time than I care to spend, I don't. Religion is used as a politically divisive tool. Judaism is no more legitimate than Christianity.

You want to go on about the conflict of the NT with the Tanach, but then we could bring in the Talmud into this. It would open up a whole new realm of hypocrisy. It's all political interpretation of dusty old tomes to control the masses.

Christians don't recognize the Tanach silly, they only recognize certain books from it, and they call it the OT. They interpret them differently. But I think you know that, don't you?

Again, all I can say is that you do not understand Christianity. I don't care. If you really care, look it up.

YOU think it is simple and clear cut, but I think you are just trolling. From a Christian perspective, none of those things you mentioned are really legitimate. If I were to go into WHY they aren't, it would take me more time than I care to spend, I don't. Religion is used as a politically divisive tool. Judaism is no more legitimate than Christianity.

You want to go on about the conflict of the NT with the Tanach, but then we could bring in the Talmud into this. It would open up a whole new realm of hypocrisy. It's all political interpretation of dusty old tomes to control the masses.

Christians don't recognize the Tanach silly, they only recognize certain books from it, and they call it the OT. They interpret them differently. But I think you know that, don't you?

Then pick just one and give us a hint. These are the Ten Commandments. Some of the most important rules in the Bible. You don't want to bother with even one answer?

Then pick just one and give us a hint. These are the Ten Commandments. Some of the most important rules in the Bible. You don't want to bother with even one answer?

I am not Christian but i seem to recall that where the Old Testament had 10 Commandments, the New Testament had but one..."love thy neighbor as you would love yourself."

Delta, you don't believe in Judaism because you're an atheist. I, as a believing Catholic, believe more in Judaism than you do.

You are a lonely man, lost in the darkness without God. When you die, your choice to reject God will become your permanent fate, and you will be lost in the darkness forever.

Maybe you ought to think about that. Even according to the Jewish religion, there is no hope for you unless you repent.

Delta, you don't believe in Judaism because you're an atheist. I, as a believing Catholic, believe more in Judaism than you do.

You are a lonely man, lost in the darkness without God. When you die, your choice to reject God will become your permanent fate, and you will be lost in the darkness forever.

Maybe you ought to think about that. Even according to the Jewish religion, there is no hope for you unless you repent.

Don't have to believe in the spiritual claims of a religion to know what it says.

I actually repent every Yom Kippur, just in case. :)

Forum List

Back