Djokovic's dad on Novak's detention in Melbourne Airport: "They are holding my son captive. If they dont release him we'll fight them on the streets"

For most people that happens when we are children and have no say in the matter. Did you get a shingles vaccine? small pox? The new HIV vaccine? Why not?

I don’t think he’s worried about money.

I guess I don’t understand people’s desire to make get others vax’d. The vaccine just helps prevent hosipitalization and death. That’s the efficacy numbers. Well his risk of those things as an average 34 yo man is basically zero. Add in the fact that he’s in extraordinary health, how much could the vaccine actually reduce his risk? I mean you can’t make your risk less than zero. However there is risk in taking a vaccine any vaccine. So it seems to me for him and for many people there is little upside to getting the shot
Well said cp. Why do they insist so much since they are so so protected ..

Watching Gutfeld one sees how America with around 4% of world population has around 15% of COVID fatalities. And is proud of it.
The world stats on COVID deaths are this biggest crock of shit ever. Do you actually believe places like China have only had 4600 deaths?

The world stats on COVID deaths are this biggest crock of shit ever. Do you actually believe places like China have only had 4600 deaths?
I believe the amount of Chinese undercounting will be similar to that of the US, where pathologists' consensus is that COVID deaths are greatly undercounted.

Novak has won his case and the order to cancel his visa has been squashed by Judge Kelly on the 'procedural grounds.'
The Australian gov't has expressed its readiness to re-cancel the visa and redetain Djokovic, so round 2 is coming.
Judge Kelly has said that Novak can be released from hotel quarantine in the next 30 minutes. :itsok: :meow:

In a shocking new twist, Novak Djokovic has now reportedly been arrested in Melbourne just moments after his deportation was overruled

• Sad
Reactions: cnm
Watching news clips from around the world and Australia in particular where Nole's PR is working! Tennis Australia is made to look foolish along with politicians more concerned with their own popularity in an election year! Just saw Justin Quill of Channel 9 say "Australia's being made to look like oppressers" the way they've treated Novak, the #1 player in the World! Now Zali Steggall is lambasting officials! I said this was going to be a mess and it has; really much bigger than I thought! Now Chris Smith is giving it a go agreeing it's been shameful; the politics and treatment where food with maggots being served at that dump hotel! :stir:

Every news clip from "down under" seems to feel it would be better to be hypocrites and allow Novak to play over running him out of the country where the NEWS would go on for heaven knows how long! This is a Victorian event so Chris Smith (9) is on Dan Andrews' arse & doling out a lot of blame for changing his stance on the issue! :meow: :itsok::omg::auiqs.jpg:

Watching news clips from around the world and Australia in particular where Nole's PR is working! Tennis Australia is made to look foolish along with politicians more concerned with their own popularity in an election year! Just saw Justin Quill of Channel 9 say "Australia's being made to look like oppressers" the way they've treated Novak, the #1 player in the World! Now Zali Steggall is lambasting officials! I said this was going to be a mess and it has; really much bigger than I thought! Now Chris Smith is giving it a go agreeing it's been shameful; the politics and treatment where food with maggots being served at that dump hotel! :stir:
There's one good thing to come out of all this...the horror of that hotel exposed.
That hotel is the national shame, not the free speech.

Did ScoMo know the hotel was like that?
I bet he did not.
He and First Lady "nurse Jenny" would've done something about it.
Good Christians, been married 'forever', met at Christian youth camp....they will not allow that hotel to stay like that.

Worry not, the mess will get sorted out, and the system will be changed, the holes will be plugged, and this will never happen again.
Absolute security protects absolutely.

There's one good thing to come out of all this...the horror of that hotel exposed.
That hotel is the national shame, not the free speech.

Did ScoMo know the hotel was like that?
I bet he did not.
He and First Lady "nurse Jenny" would've done something about it.
Good Christians, been married 'forever', met at Christian youth camp....they will not allow that hotel to stay like that.

Worry not, the mess will get sorted out, and the system will be changed, the holes will be plugged, and this will never happen again.
Absolute security protects absolutely.

It's over! All appeals and adjudications have been done! Novak being deported as soon as possible! A "lucky loser" from qualifying will fill the spot in the draw of the #1 seed! :rolleyes: :imsorry3::meow::itsok::dunno::stir:

They just deported him. Australia is lost. I thought the people would stand up to that tyranny. I was way wrong.
The majority of the populous was weighing their own frustration "living the life" in Australia the last couple years! From what I hear it was oppressive how they locked things down for months at a time! They don't want to see a celebrity skirt the rules even though it was their own government that allowed a loophole! This is on all 3 governing bodies: Victoria Province, The Fed, & Tennis Australia! Someone approved a Visa for Djokovic so it's not on him as much! He was autho'd to fly in from someone! This whole thing turned unnecessarily into "Breaking Int'l News" for over a week! Someone should have made a definitive decision to deal with the situation on Day 1 as far as I'm concerned! If going hard, GO HARD and not even give Djokovic any reprieve or appeal! Again, this is on local governing bodies and judges! :confused::oops::icon_sjung::confused::bigbed:

Forum List

Back