Djokovic's dad on Novak's detention in Melbourne Airport: "They are holding my son captive. If they dont release him we'll fight them on the streets"

All about Vax Vax Vax Vax, not are you positive or have symptoms.

I thought you guys are libertarians. How come you're not on the streets?

"This is a fight for the libertarian world, not just a fight for Novak, but a fight for the whole world.
"If they don't let him go in half an hour, we will gather on the street, this is a fight for everyone."

Well, say what you want about vaccinated versus non-vaccinated. But from what I've read, this sounds like a dick move by the event organizers or someone REALLY dropped the ball.

Joko is one of the top 3 tennis players in the world--likely #1. He's not a qualifier. If he's going to a tennis tournament, it's because he been invited or has a right to be there via previous victories. His vaccine hesitancy--as stupid as it is--has been well known. Before he got on the plane to go there, all of this should have been decided. And any tourney that has people flying in from all the corners of the globe definitely has the phone number to the immigration officials on speed dial....

Joko--Just take the damn shot.

This is the Australian Open...not some corporate dog and pony show. Poor marks for this regardless of what transpired during the flight from Serbia.

Rather, he's been caught in a turf battle between state and federal entities with no liking for each other and self contradictory goals.

Well, say what you want about vaccinated versus non-vaccinated. But from what I've read, this sounds like a dick move by the event organizers or someone REALLY dropped the ball.

Joko is one of the top 3 tennis players in the world--likely #1. He's not a qualifier. If he's going to a tennis tournament, it's because he been invited or has a right to be there via previous victories. His vaccine hesitancy--as stupid as it is--has been well known. Before he got on the plane to go there, all of this should have been decided. And any tourney that has people flying in from all the corners of the globe definitely has the phone number to the immigration officials on speed dial....

Joko--Just take the damn shot.

This is the Australian Open...not some corporate dog and pony show. Poor marks for this regardless of what transpired during the flight from Serbia.
Why would an elite athlete in the prime of his life who is in top physical health risk taking a vaccine against a disease the poses zero threat to him?

Why would an elite athlete in the prime of his life who is in top physical health risk taking a vaccine against a disease the poses zero threat to him?

I would imagine he's innoculated against any number of diseases that are no threat to him.... As are you. As am I. As are most everyone's kids in this nation.

Why would Joko do it? So he can play in tournaments, win titles, and make money.

I would imagine he's innoculated against any number of diseases that are no threat to him.... As are you. As am I. As are most everyone's kids in this nation.

Why would Joko do it? So he can play in tournaments, win titles, and make money.
For most people that happens when we are children and have no say in the matter. Did you get a shingles vaccine? small pox? The new HIV vaccine? Why not?

I don’t think he’s worried about money.

I guess I don’t understand people’s desire to make get others vax’d. The vaccine just helps prevent hosipitalization and death. That’s the efficacy numbers. Well his risk of those things as an average 34 yo man is basically zero. Add in the fact that he’s in extraordinary health, how much could the vaccine actually reduce his risk? I mean you can’t make your risk less than zero. However there is risk in taking a vaccine any vaccine. So it seems to me for him and for many people there is little upside to getting the shot

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
I've got enough right wing fuckups and anti-vaxxers to point and laugh at here in America. Why should I bother with the nut jobs in Australia as well?
Cool. So why are you posting in a thread about a foreign tennis player in a foreign country then?

Forum List

Back