Diversity trumps qualification

williepete

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2011
Troposphere
Diversity trumps qualification. A fundamental transformation.
:bang3:

Obama picks non-pilot to head Air Force in Pacific

Promotion sought in diversity drive

Gen. Robinson is not a career pilot. Her military profession is air battle manager. She has served aboard the Air Force’s surveillance aircraft, the E-3 AWACs and E-8 JSTARS, and she was nominated for a promotion amid a drive for more diversity in the Pentagon.

Read more:
Air Force command nominee is 1st woman, non-pilot - Washington Times

• Banned
If someone wanted to destroy the military, he is doing an excellent job of it.

Can you imagine if Truman had replaced Eisenhower, Nimitz or MacArthur with someone of lesser experience for the sake of diversity.

What floors me is they are actually being open and honest about her being promoted specifically because of her sex.

Seems like putting a woman with no experience as a fighter pilot in charge of a theater operation full of fighter pilots is like putting an inner city community organizer as commander-in-chief of the military. Who would do something...that.....stupid.

From the article:

"Gen. Robinson was nominated amid a diversity push by Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and a general focus on women’s issues by the White House."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...nominee-is-1st-woman-non-pilot/#ixzz37rGBOGsH

Last edited:
So long as she can do her job correctly I don't have a problem with the slot. It is after all a non flying position. However, if she is incapable of managing the work, then her tenure had best be short.

• Banned
She didn't make the cut to be a pilot. She didn't make the harder cut to be a fighter pilot. Those who did are available. I have no trouble with her sex. I have trouble with her being pushed ahead of more qualified people. And not more qualified by a little bit. More qualified by a seriously strenuous, years-long, weeding out program.

Obama and Co. are fast tracking her and her naval counterpart to be on the Joint Chiefs of Staff. They want to claim that historical first. They are not interested in the most qualified. Diversity trumps capability.

Last edited:
You almost gotta laugh. A non pilot selected to head the Air Force and a pilot who never served in the infantry selected to head the Marines. Do we have a community activist running the Country?

She didn't make the cut to be a pilot. She didn't make the harder cut to be a fighter pilot. Those who did are available. I have no trouble with her sex. I have trouble with her being pushed ahead of more qualified people. And not more qualified by a little bit. More qualified by a seriously strenuous, years-long, weeding out program.

Obama and Co. are fast tracking her and her naval counterpart to be on the Joint Chiefs of Staff. They want to claim that historical first. They are not interested in the most qualified. Diversity trumps capability.

I understand your opinion and I support it for the most part. However, Nelson (and no I don't think she's a Nelson) suffered terrible sea sickness and was not the greatest sailor, he was however a very capable Captain and one of the greatest Admirals of all time.

• Banned
I understand your opinion and I support it for the most part. However, Nelson (and no I don't think she's a Nelson) suffered terrible sea sickness and was not the greatest sailor, he was however a very capable Captain and one of the greatest Admirals of all time.

You hit it out of the park with me when citing Nelson. I'm a naval history junkie and he's the man.

Not to put too fine a point on this but consider the following:

She joined a relatively easy career field where the entrance screening was lower and the training wash out rate was almost zero.

Compare that to the other career fields where people are not even accepted to apply, where applications are refused, where applicants fail initial screening, where trainees are washed out. These people are kicked out and never even became 1st Lieutenants when she was spending her spare time shopping at the BX.

She's never experienced the competition or the weeding out process that hones the culture of the fighter pilot community.

Thousands apply to USAF pilot training. A few are selected. Some make it through screening and training. A very few are selected for fighters. A few wash out in that training. The rest go on to face more training, screening, check rides and possible elimination if they don't hack it. A few die.

Now fast forward 20 years. You have a fighter pilot with Gulf War combat experience who can relate to the men and women he may send into harm's way. And you have a person who has never made this cut who the administration boasts is promoting to improve diversity.

Which one is better for the job, the service and for the combat readiness of the USAF?

I remember when Clinton was playing social engineering with the USAF. We had an overweight female protocol officer promoted one cycle at my base when two of our fighter pilots who were both fighter weapons school graduates were passed over. Morale wise, that went over like a fart in church. Because of Clinton's social engineering, many good people left the USAF. It made people sick to see good people passed over or leave while lesser competent people were promoted due to race or gender. It didn't help that the airlines were hiring back then. They quickly ran short of pilots.

You hit it out of the park with me when citing Nelson. I'm a naval history junkie and he's the man.

Not to put too fine a point on this but consider the following:

She joined a relatively easy career field where the entrance screening was lower and the training wash out rate was almost zero.

Compare that to the other career fields where people are not even accepted to apply, where applications are refused, where applicants fail initial screening, where trainees are washed out. These people are kicked out and never even became 1st Lieutenants when she was spending her spare time shopping at the BX.

She's never experienced the competition or the weeding out process that hones the culture of the fighter pilot community.

Thousands apply to USAF pilot training. A few are selected. Some make it through screening and training. A very few are selected for fighters. A few wash out in that training. The rest go on to face more training, screening, check rides and possible elimination if they don't hack it. A few die.

Now fast forward 20 years. You have a fighter pilot with Gulf War combat experience who can relate to the men and women he may send into harm's way. And you have a person who has never made this cut who the administration boasts is promoting to improve diversity.

Which one is better for the job, the service and for the combat readiness of the USAF?

I remember when Clinton was playing social engineering with the USAF. We had an overweight female protocol officer promoted one cycle at my base when two of our fighter pilots who were both fighter weapons school graduates were passed over. Morale wise, that went over like a fart in church. Because of Clinton's social engineering, many good people left the USAF. It made people sick to see good people passed over or leave while lesser competent people were promoted due to race or gender. It didn't help that the airlines were hiring back then. They quickly ran short of pilots.

Nelson too never faced competition, he was placed on the Captains list when he was five or there abouts. Like I said, I am with you for the most part, but in the long run all that matters is can she do the job, and do it well.

Thus you have this.... Air Force aims to land more top guns amid pilot shortage - Los Angeles Times Today, just 65% of pilots are deciding to extend their service past their 11th year, when they choose whether to stay for an additional five years. That's compared with 80% in 1993.

This was yr ago....they list all kinds or reasons but crap like the op doesnt go over with people who may have to pay for this kind of stupidity with their life.

The Air Force is SO much more than fighter pilots. This is much ado about nothing.

Doesn't make her not qualified, guy.

Doesn't make her not qualified, guy.

Manufactured issue...Teaperism!

typical far right sexism

I don't even think it is sexism...I think it is just a teaper attack on Obama. They think that criticizing everything he does without rational thought is garnering them support. Little do they realize, outside of their little bubble, Americans aren't buying it. They perceive their nonsense as racism and misogyny.

Forum List

Back