Ditzy Chick

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
In India, Sarah Palin bashes President Obama

Moments after saying she wouldn't criticize Barack Obama abroad, Sarah Palin in India on Saturday said that if she were president there would have been "less dithering, more decisiveness" on Libya.

Pressed in a much tougher question-and-answer session than Palin has recently allowed herself to be subjected to during appearances in the U.S, the former Alaska governor told conference attendees at the India Today Conclave in New Delhi that Obama had not shown enough conviction in executing a strategy in Libya.

So what happened to "never criticize the President while on foreign soil"?

Moments after saying she wouldn't criticize Barack Obama abroad, Sarah Palin in India on Saturday said that if she were president there would have been "less dithering, more decisiveness" on Libya.

Pressed in a much tougher question-and-answer session than Palin has recently allowed herself to be subjected to during appearances in the U.S, the former Alaska governor told conference attendees at the India Today Conclave in New Delhi that Obama had not shown enough conviction in executing a strategy in Libya.

She's a "maverick"....

she is not in any gvt position, so I suppose she can be as hypocritical as she likes...? It's not my cup of tea....bashing our own president, especially in foreign countries...but as a free agent, so to say....she can do as she wishes.

She changed her mind??? She is NOT ready for "prime time" and I hope this trip proves it to her and the nation. I have as little confidence in her as a leader as I do Barry O.

she is not in any gvt position, so I suppose she can be as hypocritical as she likes...? It's not my cup of tea....bashing our own president, especially in foreign countries...but as a free agent, so to say....she can do as she wishes.
The Dixie Chicks weren't in any official position, either.

Well, Obama feels it is appropriate to criticize America when he's abroad so I'm struggling to raise any faux outrage about this.... although, it would be cool if Palin decided to stay in India long term.

It's a strange scenario. She's a politician whose opposition to Obama is well known. She's on a trip to India and is asked what she thinks about Obama's policy. She has 3 options.

1. Say 'No comment' (because she said she wouldn't criticize).
2. Say she supports his policy (in which case it's clearly bullshit).
3. Say she doesn't support his policy (in which case she's breaking her promise not to criticize).

Either she should have not made the promise in the first place or not given the interview.

I agree she can say whatever she wants. However, she needs to be prepared to accept the consequences of what she says. When Natalie Maines made her comments, it was the beginning of the end for the Dixie Chicks may they never revive their group. As for Sarah Palin, I suspect that things will turn out differently simply because of who she disrespected. For some reason, I doubt that the people that suddenly turned on the Dixie Chicks for what Natalie said will suddenly hate Sarah Palin for criticizing President Obama.

Immie

She already learned she hates serving the people in office.

That is why she quit the governorship so early.

She doesnt want to win a race for any office.

She will run if her money ticket fans want her to run and then she will pocket whatever money she can while selling books.

She wants money and fame and doesnt care about anything else.

As a matter of principle, I find it difficult to ever agree with Simpleholic. However, in this case, he has a point.

Gov. Palin should keep political criticism of the President reserved for commentary taking place INSIDE our borders.

It's not like the rest of the world (or the seven or eight people outside of America who give a shit what she says and thinks) can't find out what her views are when she speaks inside our borders. But there is something decidedly uncool about taking a "family" beef outside the house. I don't give a rat's ass about the views of the Dipsy Shits concerning former President Bush. Fuck them. They're just so so entertainers in my view. But they had every right to state their opinions all the same. I objected, however, when they spoke their idiotic piece overseas.

Consistency may be a hobgoblin of little minds, but still: I am no more of a fan of that shit when the person speaking is expressing my own views. Keep that crap HERE.

Sarah Palin would be well advised to zip her lip there AND here until she has opened her eyes and ears a whole lot more, anyway. The lady needs a huge educational booster shot. And it's difficult to learn when one is yapping.

Well, Obama feels it is appropriate to criticize America when he's abroad so I'm struggling to raise any faux outrage about this.... although, it would be cool if Palin decided to stay in India long term.
Yes, your propensity for double-standards and hypocrisy is well known.

As a matter of principle, I find it difficult to ever agree with Simpleholic. However, in this case, he has a point.

Gov. Palin should keep political criticism of the President reserved for commentary taking place INSIDE our borders.

It's not like the rest of the world (or the seven or eight people outside of America who give a shit what she says and thinks) can't find out what her views are when she speaks inside our borders. But there is something decidedly uncool about taking a "family" beef outside the house. I don't give a rat's ass about the views of the Dipsy Shits concerning former President Bush. Fuck them. They're just so so entertainers in my view. But they had every right to state their opinions all the same. I objected, however, when they spoke their idiotic piece overseas.

Consistency may be a hobgoblin of little minds, but still: I am no more of a fan of that shit when the person speaking is expressing my own views. Keep that crap HERE.

Sarah Palin would be well advised to zip her lip there AND here until she has opened her eyes and ears a whole lot more, anyway. The lady needs a huge educational booster shot. And it's difficult to learn when one is yapping.

I hope that didn't hurt too much.
4-poke2.gif

I hope that didn't hurt too much.
4-poke2.gif

Hurt like a son of a bitch.

Yowzie Owzie.

What was Palins opinion of the Dixie Chicks?

Why does Sarah Palin hate America???

She doesn't... well maybe she does, but only the liberal half.

Immie

Thanks Immie...I stand corrected

Palin loves "Real" Americans. She hates liberals, the educated, the media, working Americans, government workers, unions, muslims, gays and anyone who does not look and think like she does

Why does Sarah Palin hate America???

She doesn't... well maybe she does, but only the liberal half.

Immie

Thanks Immie...I stand corrected

Palin loves "Real" Americans. She hates liberals, the educated, the media, working Americans, government workers, unions, muslims, gays and anyone who does not look and think like she does

I hope you are not putting words in my mouth. I never said liberals were not "real" Americans. And for the record, I don't hate liberals either... at least not the vast majority of them.

Immie

Forum List

Back