Disrespect for the office of the Presidency

I remember on these boards that the left only referred to Bush as "chimp". What would happen if we all started referring to BO as "the monkey"? There is no respect anymore, for anything, the President, the Law, Religion, decency, traditional values, etc. But when we don't kowtow when the MSM tries to play the race card instead of the facing truth (Trayvon was an aggressive burglar) don't be surprised by the push back.

your Republiteaparty friends have already done that.

I don't know about you, but my mother wouldn't let me get away with a bullshit excuse like that.

"Mommy, Timmy did it first!!!!!"

It’s not ‘the other side did it first.’ That is a lame attempt to demonize the current vitrol while trying to ignore the past vitriol. The defense that people here are using is NOT a they did it too but that it is simply politics. There is nothing wrong with it in general. Period.

There is nothing wrong with brining the president to task when you think he has done a horrible job. Actually, that is totally incorrect. It is not just all right, IT IS OUR DAMN JOB TO CRITICIZE THE PRESIDENT. That is what oversight by the people looks like.

There are extreme examples (Truthers/Birthers) but the fringe is hardly a matter to complain about. The fringe is to be ignored.

Seeing as how that "fringe" makes up a good portion of the posters on this message board, it gets hard to "ignore" them.

And there is a difference between criticizing the President, and disrespecting the office.

Define a ‘good portion.’ I think you are massively overstating the birther presence here.

Left Logic. Do what I say...not what I do. :up:

Does that make "It's ok to be a fucking child because someone else did it first" "Right Logic"?

No. Both sides were wrong for doing it. Obama was wrong when he did it. ;) He campaigned on it. Bush took the high road, and for the most part bit his tongue, even when he should have been defending himself.

I agree. For all his faults, Bush was always a very classy guy.

It’s not ‘the other side did it first.’ That is a lame attempt to demonize the current vitrol while trying to ignore the past vitriol. The defense that people here are using is NOT a they did it too but that it is simply politics. There is nothing wrong with it in general. Period.

There is nothing wrong with brining the president to task when you think he has done a horrible job. Actually, that is totally incorrect. It is not just all right, IT IS OUR DAMN JOB TO CRITICIZE THE PRESIDENT. That is what oversight by the people looks like.

There are extreme examples (Truthers/Birthers) but the fringe is hardly a matter to complain about. The fringe is to be ignored.

Seeing as how that "fringe" makes up a good portion of the posters on this message board, it gets hard to "ignore" them.

And there is a difference between criticizing the President, and disrespecting the office.

Define a ‘good portion.’ I think you are massively overstating the birther presence here.

I would guess there are probably 25-30 birthers who regularly post here.

But those aren't the only "fringe" people I'm talking about.

The left really did...They posted stupid pictures of him and made fun.

What do you expect??? People on the other side are going to attack what they don't like.

Left Logic. Do what I say...not what I do. :up:

Does that make "It's ok to be a fucking child because someone else did it first" "Right Logic"?

Why is it the left never makes their own take the high road? But constantly demands it from their opponents?

I remember on these boards that the left only referred to Bush as "chimp". What would happen if we all started referring to BO as "the monkey"? There is no respect anymore, for anything, the President, the Law, Religion, decency, traditional values, etc. But when we don't kowtow when the MSM tries to play the race card instead of the facing truth (Trayvon was an aggressive burglar) don't be surprised by the push back.

That's what the left is getting now....push back...and they can't seem handle it very well. :)

Anyone remember the routine insults the Left heaped on Bush? The Office of the President is fair game for ridicule now and forever more. That is now part of the job description.

My cousin, way more liberal than I am, met Bush and shook his hand. I have no problem with people calling out Presidents on their policies. But when you emphasize middle names (Hussein), and claim that the President ordered the killing of Americans (Benghazi); then that's completely disrespectful.

I agree that there's no sense in calling him by his middle name (everyone knows what it is..), and to say he "ordered" the killings is stretching it a bit far (he just wasn't around and lied about the reason for it for weeks).....that is wrong. I've always said the reason I can't stand this man is because of his policies, and how he's taking this country down. Has nothing to do with his color (but I'll be called a liar for that), he just doesn't seem to listen to anything the majority of Americans are telling him. He just plain doesn't care!

How do we show someone like that "respect"??????

the outer actions of turning the Presidential Office into the 'Oral Office' or putting feet up on all the historical heirlooms only display the deep inner hatred and disrepect that the lefties hold for America....

when the office holder himself openly disrepects the trappings of the Office......there are reasons.....and they deserve no respect in return...

Anyone remember the routine insults the Left heaped on Bush? The Office of the President is fair game for ridicule now and forever more. That is now part of the job description.

My cousin, way more liberal than I am, met Bush and shook his hand. I have no problem with people calling out Presidents on their policies. But when you emphasize middle names (Hussein), and claim that the President ordered the killing of Americans (Benghazi); then that's completely disrespectful.

With Bush, the left made it personal.

And now the right is giving as good as they got.

When we go beyond portraying president Obama being assassinated...we will have reached a new low...until then, the left will still retain the title.

51-AfYyDFWL__SL500.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_a_President_%282006_film%29#Response

Last edited:

You're missing the point. Bush was usually referred to as "chimp". I have not seen anyone refer to BO as "the monkey", ever.

With Bush, the left made it personal.

And now the right is giving as good as they got.

When we go beyond portraying the president being assassinated...we may have stooped lower than the left did during the Bush years.

51-AfYyDFWL__SL500.jpg

Did any of you guys actually bother to see that movie, rather than just getting "outraged" at the premise?

It's not about what you guys seem to think it is.

I won't try to deny that people on the left called Bush all kinds of names. But it wasn't anything new then, either.

All those people on the left were saying the same thing people in this thread are saying now:

"You guys called Clinton all those names, and claimed he killed a bunch of people and sold drugs, so it's ok for us to do it too".

Why is it the libs don't understand that an office is a physical room in a building and POTUS is a temp position, evaluated and filled every 4 years. Trying to make it any more than that is disrespecting the country and its founding by WE THE PEOPLE. The office and the job are loaned to individuals and they try to lay claim to the title for life, as do all the other supposed public servants. Elevating the egotistical ass holes to a pedestal and allowing them to continue to use the title is the greatest disservice and sign of disrespect there is. How many of you expect to be addressed by one of your former job titles for the rest of your life?

its called "decorum". It comes w/ the office. Google it.

No it's called entitlement by the political elite and it's bull shit. This country does not grant titles of nobility, political or otherwise. The job titles belong to the people not the people who temporarily hold the job. Anyone who addresses a "public servant" by their job title is just taking another bite of the political shit sandwich the politicians are feeding us.

You're missing the point. Bush was usually referred to as "chimp". I have not seen anyone refer to BO as "the monkey", ever.

You've never heard him referred to as a monkey??? Really?

Forum List

Back