Dirty Play or Smart Tactics

Owsi68

May 22, 2016
I think the tactic of taking out the command and the medical support is a good one. Just as wounding a soldier.tactically causes more disruption to the unit than killing him outright. These tactics were employed by the Viet Cong to great effect.

Lots of people have resorted to unconventional tactics that others viewed as dirty. The British called colonial American rebels cowards for hiding behind walls and trees, and our decision to drop the atom bomb is still considered controversial by allied countries decades later. But I think those were good tactics.

I think war is ugly and nasty but if you're going to go for it then you should employ any effective tactic you can to win. Even if it might be considered dirty tactics by others. But some think that even in war there are rules and if you don't follow the internationally sanctioned rules (Geneva convention for example) or fall in line with current opinion then your tactics are unfair and underhanded. Even if employing those tactics would help the the righteous ones prevail.

I share the viewpoint of General Tecumseh Sherman -
"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it; the crueler it is, the sooner it will be over."

What do you think?

I think the tactic of taking out the command and the medical support is a good one. Just as wounding a soldier.tactically causes more disruption to the unit than killing him outright. These tactics were employed by the Viet Cong to great effect.

Lots of people have resorted to unconventional tactics that others viewed as dirty. The British called colonial American rebels cowards for hiding behind walls and trees, and our decision to drop the atom bomb is still considered controversial by allied countries decades later. But I think those were good tactics.

I think war is ugly and nasty but if you're going to go for it then you should employ any effective tactic you can to win. Even if it might be considered dirty tactics by others. But some think that even in war there are rules and if you don't follow the internationally sanctioned rules (Geneva convention for example) or fall in line with current opinion then your tactics are unfair and underhanded. Even if employing those tactics would help the the righteous ones prevail.

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it; the crueler it is, the sooner it will be over."

What do you think?
Shoot to wound. It takes three off the front line.

What do you think?
I think only cowards use guns and bombs. You want to impress me use your diplomacy or put on some gloves and settle it in the Octagon.

What do you think?
The tactic of wounding enemy soldiers is SOP in US Military docturine. Thats the reason for using the 5.62 round.

War is a means to help correct evil.

The Japanese lost.

Adolph Hitler and the Nazi war machine lost.

The Vietnamese lost.

War Tribunals convened for the massacre in Bosnia either resulted in evil being killed ...... or incarcerated.

Saddam Hussein lost.

Osama Bin Laden lost.

Evil people who lost - some paying with their lives. People whom believed they were a deities favorite and the epitome of their people and civilization......were sent to hell by God.

" No body comes unto the father, but by me. "

Shadow 355

The atrocities Civil War allegedly mentally impaired General William T. Sherman inflicted on his own people would not have been tolerated in any subsequent war but the victors write the history books. For the next hundred years Americans would be taught that it was a good thing that Sherman burned the City of Atlanta to punish the Rebs.

Forum List

Back