Dimwinger Steny Hoyer ignorant of the Constitution...Trump should prove his innocence.

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
This blithering idiot said Trump will have the opportunity to prove his innocence.

Hey moron, it's on you and your ilk to prove he is guilty, which you have failed miserably to do. He doesn't need to prove anything.

Doug Collins: House Democratic leader's remark about letting Trump 'prove innocence' should alarm Americans
By Charles Creitz | Fox News

Hoyer, the number-two Democrat in the House, defended the House's impeachment inquiry last month by remarking that Trump was afforded "every opportunity to prove his innocence."

Collins told host Mark Levin that no American has to prove their innocence -- in fact, the burden of proof falls on the opposite party.

"Mr. Hoyer from Maryland ... made a very revealing statement for anybody who's concerned about Constitutional rights -- and especially for me -- even those of my Democratic counterparts who worry about their communities, where they discuss police action and rights being violated," he said.

"It's amazing to me how they're willingly setting that aside to come up to this -- Steny Hoyer actually said 'we allowed him every opportunity to come prove his innocence,'."

Collins said the comment was mindblowing in that it seemed that Congress must have "taken a vacation and le[ft] the United States."

Doug Collins: House Democratic leader's remark about letting Trump 'prove innocence' should alarm Americans

You don’t understand how trials work do you?

Both sides get to provide evidence on their behalf. Trump does not have to say anything but is provided an opportunity to provide his own evidence and defense

Both sides get to provide evidence on their behalf. Trump does not have to say anything but is provided an opportunity to provide his own evidence and defense
Another moron who hasn't read the Constitution.:21:

BTW, love the sig. Not many people admit publicly that anyone who agrees with them are wrong.

This blithering idiot said Trump will have the opportunity to prove his innocence.

Hey moron, it's on you and your ilk to prove he is guilty, which you have failed miserably to do. He doesn't need to prove anything.

Hoyer, the number-two Democrat in the House, defended the House's impeachment inquiry last month by remarking that Trump was afforded "every opportunity to prove his innocence."

Collins told host Mark Levin that no American has to prove their innocence -- in fact, the burden of proof falls on the opposite party.

"Mr. Hoyer from Maryland ... made a very revealing statement for anybody who's concerned about Constitutional rights -- and especially for me -- even those of my Democratic counterparts who worry about their communities, where they discuss police action and rights being violated," he said.

"It's amazing to me how they're willingly setting that aside to come up to this -- Steny Hoyer actually said 'we allowed him every opportunity to come prove his innocence,'."

Collins said the comment was mindblowing in that it seemed that Congress must have "taken a vacation and le[ft] the United States."

Lol, poor little tRumpling doesn't understand what a trial.is.

BTW, love the sig. Not many people admit publicly that anyone who agrees with them are wrong.
If I agreed with what you said....we would both be wrong wouldn’t we?

Good thing you don't agree with me..........that proves I'm right.:5_1_12024:

Just amazing how few people actually understand the real world.
They seem to have never heard the words innocent until proven guilty.
It is an idea that has been used at diffrent points around the world but actually became normalized in American law in 1884.

It goes along with the idea that one is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

It is considered a travesty of justice too assume that someone is guilty before a trial. That is why jury selection takes time in our country is that lawyers and the law do not want those that have already decided the guilt or innocence before the trial begins.

EOmAd9LUwAAakQk

Good thing you don't agree with me..........that proves I'm right.:5_1_12024:

If I agreed with your stupid OP...that would make me wrong too

It is an idea that has been used at diffrent points around the world but actually became normalized in American law in 1884.

It is considered a travesty of justice too assume that someone is guilty before a trial. That is why jury selection takes time in our country is that lawyers and the law do not want those that have already decided the guilt or innocence before the trial begins.
Nobody said he was guilty

Just that he would be able to provide his defense.

I wonder if Steny Hoyer will ever get to be Speaker, his lifelong ambition.

Learn to read. Hoyer said "prove his innocence", not provide his defense.

Moron.

The impeachment trial is not a typical trial.
-Democrats have no requirement to prove any level of guilt.
-The senators are both the judge and jury.
-There is no standard of proof.
-There is no rules of evidence.
-The outcome is purely political, meaning there is no legal ramifications other than Trump could be removed from office.

It’s a political process in which the democrats will try to weaken the president politically. The Republicans will decide if the democrats weakened the president so much that they need to remove him to provide themselves political cover.

During the investigation, it was common knowledge that damning evidence was being found. They did give Trump the opportunity to present anything he wanted, but he declined. Prosecutors gathering evidence generally don't invite the target of their investigations to offer their own evidence. I don't understand why you would be whining because a courtesy was offered.

During the investigation, it was common knowledge that damning evidence was being found. They did give Trump the opportunity to present anything he wanted, but he declined. Prosecutors gathering evidence generally don't invite the target of their investigations to offer their own evidence. I don't understand why you would be whining because a courtesy was offered.
Complete bullshit.

Read it again. If you have to prove innocence then you are presumed guilty.

Not how it's supposed to work..............The Prosecution must PROVE GUILT.......not Trump proving his INNOCENSE.........

The left really has only one main witness via the BS Congress hearings.......Sondland.........and he got his butt handed to him on his PRESUMED TESTIMONY.

It is all hearsay, and why the charges are just GENERIC..........They couldn't pin any STATUTE crime on the President at all..............The Case should be DISMISSED in an early vote for LACK OF EVIDENCE.........

And put salt in the wounds of the Dems.

Yes, prosecutors preparing a case for trial generally assume guilt. Is this confusing for you?

Yes, prosecutors preparing a case for trial generally assume guilt. Is this confusing for you?
The court doesn't.

Oops!

Trump extorts a foreign nation for domestic political gain for which there is ample evidence and the OP is having a hissy fit over Stoney Hoyer’s comment. Talk about cognitive dissonance. Get a grip.

Forum List

Back