Did Zelensky Throw Putin an Off-Ramp?

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
This would be the Finlandization of Ukraine, though it may not be tenable in the long-run.

i dont think so, our sanctions will moscow´s empire in 2 years , Moscow dont fight Ukraine Moscow targets the Liberal Order

1646786955492.png

No. This is the mistake of 5he left. They imagine that Putin would settle for a neutral Ukraine. Putin never would accept a neutral Ukraine. He wants a Russian state.
Of course he wants a Russian state, but since he now knows it will be much harder for him than he expected, he might take the deal to get out of the war now, instead of after having his ass kicked for the next several years.

Of course he wants a Russian state, but since he now knows it will be much harder for him than he expected, he might take the deal to get out of the war now, instead of after having his ass kicked for the next several years.
What makes you think he wants to get out of the war now? He might be trying to shut down those bio research labs we have over there. What are they doing anyway?

What makes you think he wants to get out of the war now? He might be trying to shut down those bio research labs we have over there. What are they doing anyway?

Bioresearch labs are where cures for diseases come from. Every avanced country has them. Of course there are samples of the diseases being studied at each of them. If Putin wanted to use bioweapons, he has labs of his own that could be used for that.

Bioresearch labs are where cures for diseases come from. Every avanced country has them. Of course there are samples of the diseases being studied at each of them. If Putin wanted to use bioweapons, he has labs of his own that could be used for that.
Putin would want to use Ukrainian biolabs? Where did that come from? Russia might not appreciate what bioweapons would be on their doorstep.

Putin would want to use Ukrainian biolabs? Where did that come from? Russia might not appreciate what bioweapons would be on their doorstep.
What a stupid comment. What has Putin said about concerns of bioweapons? If that was his purpose for the attack, he would have mentioned it.

What a stupid comment. What has Putin said about concerns of bioweapons? If that was his purpose for the attack, he would have mentioned it.
To you? Personally? We know what they let us know. We really have no idea what's really on the table.

No. This is the mistake of 5he left. They imagine that Putin would settle for a neutral Ukraine. Putin never would accept a neutral Ukraine. He wants a Russian state.
Hi EvilCat Breath, nice to meet you. This is my first forum post, don't know how to post links or pics yet, but I wanted to ask, do you really think Putin is this theoretical, as you suggest? Two of the three areas he wants are rich in natural resources, and the third is his corridor to the sea. I find it noteworthy that he waited till September (not November) to begin massing forces.

But, Western Ukraine will never accept Russian rule. And, if I were Putin, I wouldn't want to get bogged down trying to control a people that would surely terrorize me forever. That would be an expensive drain on my meager resources.

I'm sure you're right, that Putin would like a legacy as the father of the new Mother Russia. Also, my read is that he wants control of the coal and the pipelines, which gives him both an income and some leverage over Europe

It would be very difficult to stop Putin at this point, the US would have to directly engage him and we don't seem to have the stomach for it just now. Really, the ear in Ukraine is an ethnic conflict. Perhaps the best thing to do would be to allow the country to divide itself along ethic lines. This would mean Putin gets what he wants geographically, which is about 15% of the country - but it also means the remaining 85% gets what it wants, freedom from Russian rule.

Hi EvilCat Breath, nice to meet you. This is my first forum post, don't know how to post links or pics yet, but I wanted to ask, do you really think Putin is this theoretical, as you suggest? Two of the three areas he wants are rich in natural resources, and the third is his corridor to the sea. I find it noteworthy that he waited till September (not November) to begin massing forces.

But, Western Ukraine will never accept Russian rule. And, if I were Putin, I wouldn't want to get bogged down trying to control a people that would surely terrorize me forever. That would be an expensive drain on my meager resources.

I'm sure you're right, that Putin would like a legacy as the father of the new Mother Russia. Also, my read is that he wants control of the coal and the pipelines, which gives him both an income and some leverage over Europe

It would be very difficult to stop Putin at this point, the US would have to directly engage him and we don't seem to have the stomach for it just now. Really, the ear in Ukraine is an ethnic conflict. Perhaps the best thing to do would be to allow the country to divide itself along ethic lines. This would mean Putin gets what he wants geographically, which is about 15% of the country - but it also means the remaining 85% gets what it wants, freedom from Russian rule.
That division is one of Putin's demands for ending the war.
Why was shitstain obama's poison centers hidden from us?

This would be the Finlandization of Ukraine, though it may not be tenable in the long-run.

Like Belarus, a "sovereign" nation that isn't: the president functions as a Russian governor. The original Soviet Union was set up as a federation of sovereign states, so maybe it is an off-ramp.

Forum List

Back