Did You Know: That Stonewall Jackson's Unit Was Extremely Feared...and he was Shot by his Own

AFrench2

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Stonewall Jackson was shot at nighttime by his own troops, and died during surgery complications...did you know that his unit was extremely feared by the Union? The South was winning battle after battle until Stonewall was shot and killed that fateful night.

Gettysburg might have been a different fight if Stonewall was alive...the entire war could have changed. It makes you realize: Life is so funny, isn't it?

Stonewall Jackson was shot at nighttime by his own troops, and died during surgery complications...did you know that his unit was extremely feared by the Union? The South was winning battle after battle until Stonewall was shot and killed that fateful night.

Gettysburg might have been a different fight if Stonewall was alive...the entire war could have changed. It makes you realize: Life is so funny, isn't it?
You should try not being so weird and see how it goes for you. One man would not have changed the war.

Did they shoot him on purpose?

You were there, right? lmao

• Banned

Nope, it was dark and folks thought he was a Yankee! He wasn't even killed by the gunfire, but by the amputation.

Yes

No

It has always interested me on how the tide of history can change from just one incident. Jackson was always one of my favorites to read about when I was child.

Yes
Looks like you're outvoted.

“[M]y religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.”
― Stonewall Jackson One of my favorite quotes by him.

Friendly fire that has been part of combat for a very, very long time.

ya dont say.......what are you doing reading forbidden history

Apparently Jackson's arm is buried somewhere near Chanslorsville Va. and the rest of his body rests in Lexington Va. in the cemetery bearing his name. Lexington (home of VMI) was once proud of it's heritage and as such is dependent on tourism related to Jackson and the Civil War. Recently liberal politicians decided to alter history and change the focus of VMI as well as renaming Stonewall Jackson cemetery. Plans are in the works to change the name of Washing & Lee University.

Apparently Jackson's arm is buried somewhere near Chanslorsville Va. and the rest of his body rests in Lexington Va. in the cemetery bearing his name. Lexington (home of VMI) was once proud of it's heritage and as such is dependent on tourism related to Jackson and the Civil War. Recently liberal politicians decided to alter history and change the focus of VMI as well as renaming Stonewall Jackson cemetery. Plans are in the works to change the name of Washing & Lee University.
Yeah!

Forum List

Back