Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
Re-incarnation IS eternal life. Accept it.

You posit what has never been shown to be true.

Have you noticed that at reincarnation gatherings, there is usually more than one of the historical figures represented.

2 or 3 Marie Antoinette and at least 2 Lincolns.

Do you remember past lives?

Regards
DL

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
You can't understand how eternal life is amazing because you worship the created rather than the Creator. So of course you are discouraged. You were made for more.
You only want to come back as someone else because you can’t stand yourself.
You're projecting again.

I've been having a great life, next one will be something else...
No. I can see it in how you criticize everything. It's all you know. You might as well be wearing a sign.

Hell no. Of course, I would want to stop aging about 30 or so.
Its understandable to be old and wore out and not want to live forever

Aging is more of a mental thing than a body thing. No?

Sure, we all want young pain free supple bodies, but as paraplegics show us, happiness is a mental and not a purely physical thing.

Think of all the kids that suicide. They have great bodies but their mind is not happy.

Regards
DL
I get what you are saying but I cant agree in this particular scenario. You want to spend eternal life with arthritis, a plastic hip and waking up to piss twice a night? Lol

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
You can't understand how eternal life is amazing because you worship the created rather than the Creator. So of course you are discouraged. You were made for more.
You're projecting again.

No. I can see it in how you criticize everything. It's all you know. You might as well be wearing a sign.
Not my fault you can't prove your invisible friend.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Have you noticed that at reincarnation gatherings, there is usually more than one of the historical figures represented.

Regards
DL
Some people DO remember past lives. Thousands of people. Just google it.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Sure, but many of those remember the same past life.

How many souls can fit into one person?

Regards
DL

Hell no. Of course, I would want to stop aging about 30 or so.
Its understandable to be old and wore out and not want to live forever

Aging is more of a mental thing than a body thing. No?

Sure, we all want young pain free supple bodies, but as paraplegics show us, happiness is a mental and not a purely physical thing.

Think of all the kids that suicide. They have great bodies but their mind is not happy.

Regards
DL
I get what you are saying but I cant agree in this particular scenario. You want to spend eternal life with arthritis, a plastic hip and waking up to piss twice a night? Lol

I don't think eternity will allow bodies to exist in the eternal realm, should it be real.

If it does, can you see the hair cuts and colors, given the fashions of many today with their looks.

Remember as well that eternal life comes with a god and I am sure he would look after your defective dick. ;-)

Regards
DL

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
You're projecting again.

Where'd that come from?

Thanks for signaling that I sunk yoar battleship :lol:

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Who were you in your past life? Mudda? :rofl:

• Funny
Reactions: Taz

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
How can one prove that one's supposed past life isn't demonic in origin? There is no reason to be reborn as a future human, as it can never fix the sinfulness of the original human existence ---- no matter how many times one believes he/she has gone around. Break just one commandment, and GOD notes that all the commandments have been broken.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Funny, how you can believe thousands of people regarding such a peculiar thing; however, ignore thousands more who believe GOD exists.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Sure, but many of those remember the same past life.

How many souls can fit into one person?

Regards
DL
No, you should really look it up, it's real.

Some people have 23 personalities?

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
You're projecting again.

Where'd that come from?

Thanks for signaling that I sunk yoar battleship :lol:
I criticize your thinking that you've proven god, which you haven't by a long shot.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
How can one prove that one's supposed past life isn't demonic in origin? There is no reason to be reborn as a future human, as it can never fix the sinfulness of the original human existence ---- no matter how many times one believes he/she has gone around. Break just one commandment, and GOD notes that all the commandments have been broken.
Do you makes this stuff up as you go along? :dunno:

Because you can't prove any of that.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Funny, how you can believe thousands of people regarding such a peculiar thing; however, ignore thousands more who believe GOD exists.
Nobody's ever shown me real proof of god. EVER!

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
Agreed. The thought of eternal life makes me cringe.
"But you get to be with the ones you love...for eternity"
I tell you what, I love my Mrs., but during the lock down we were inside the house for a month...24/7...I worked from home...she didn't have a job (starts back Monday...Thank Jesus!).
I wanted to strangle the bitch...at least 10 times.

ETERNITY?

Nobody has to work in heaven....streets of gold and all that.

I think about my mother; "Did you empty the garbage?" "I can still smell garbage...where is that smell coming from...go clean the can...where is the bleach...I smell garbage"
My aunt the lush..."Go get us some more vodka...pssst...don't tell anyone K...thasss good boy"
My uncle...the restaurant farter...'RRRRIIIIIPPPPP' "Better out than in right!"

You think those people are going to stop being themselves?
Nah.

ETERNITY.

So that raises another question...what is Hell then if that would be in the presence of the Lord?

You were made for more.

You were made for more.

Regards
DL
Yes. Absolutely.

So change your ways, troll.

Then again, just do it elsewhere as the more of you the board sees, the better my side looks.

Regards
DL
I am. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Where do you get your strength from?

You are lying. If not, cure an amputee.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back