Did Trump just give his 'mens rea' on the commission of a crime?

Wow.

After seven years of the Deep State, Corporate Media, and Democrat Party coming up with fuck all - who knew some anonymous Libtard on a message board would finally crack the case?

To the roof tops! Quick, light the Bat Signal - WE GOT HIM THIS TIME FOLKS! And this time we mean it!

You're an American Hero.

Start planning what you're going to wear when President Pedo awards you the medal of honor.

Your moment in the sun is almost here.

Congratulations on your rather impotent comment.

I commend thee on your rather soporific mediocrity.

.Unfortunately, that video can be used as evidence.

Which, unlike your comment, is all that matters.

Trump stated it was acceptable for a President to 'take classified documents'.

No, it's not acceptable, it is illegal. And that,excalibur, is Trump's mens rea for the crime of Espionage, the mishandling of national defense information documents.

Your rebuttal does not provide a path of reasoning, and until you do, it's a weak rebuttal, and my position stands.
If Trump is indicted for the classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, it will be an interesting but complicated trial.

Trump stated it was acceptable for a President to 'take classified documents'.

No, it's not acceptable, it is illegal. And that,excalibur, is Trump's mens rea for the crime of Espionage, the mishandling of national defense information documents.

Your rebuttal does not provide a path of reasoning, and until you do, it's a weak rebuttal, and my position stands.

It's one thing for a president to declassify a document and retain it. It's another for a Senator at the time to steal a classified document from a SCIF and retain it for many years. There is no statute of limitations for theft of classified documents., even if he became president after the crime.
If there was any Mens rea on the part of anyone it is Joey Biden.

Mens rea ~~ In criminal law, mens rea is the mental state of the crime committed and the legal determination of a crime may depend upon both a mental state and actus reus, like the designation of a homicide as murder is a matter of intention to commit a crime or in some jurisidctions knowledge that one's action would cause a crime to be committed.Wikipedia

Last edited:
~~~~~~
You have yet to convict Trump for any of your made-up fantasy charges.

I am pleased to announce that Trump will be arraigned on Tuesday, the word is over 30 counts, after which he will get his mug shot, and be fingerprinted.

I would hope the is fitted with a nice tailored orange jump suit, it would be fitting for the Orange Man 'genius', but I doubt they will allow it.

It's one thing for a president to declassify a document and retain it.
Irrelevant. 793 Espionage Act does NOT depend on any classification regime. DNI damage assessments, if there is an indictment, will be the primary factor in the severity of punishment and/or fines.
It's another for a Senator at the time to steal a classified document from a SCIF and retain it for many years.
An accusations of 'theft' cannot be presumed. We must wait for the Special Counsels report.
There is no statute of limitations for theft of classified documents.,
Assumes theft. If it is determined the documents were obtained inadvertently, via staff mismanagement, it is doubtful the DOJ would prosecute, UNLESS the President or VP obstructs the government in the return of the documents.
even if he became president after the crime.
If there was any Mens rea on the part of anyone it is Joey Biden.
The issue is what is the DOJ's policy on indicting a member of the executive branch regarding classified documents.
It is my understanding that they would only prosecute if 1. Docs were obtained willfully/intentionally and with knowledge of their potential damage. 2. If they obstruct the government's efforts to have the docs returned.
On #1, we have Trump on tape declaring 'it is okay for a president to take classified documents'. and on #2, he was served with a search warrant, which would only have been issued but for his refusal to return documents.

Given the above, Trump is the only one whose actions qualify for prosecution.
Mens rea ~~ In criminal law, mens rea is the mental state of the crime committed and the legal determination of a crime may depend upon both a mental state and actus reus, like the designation of a homicide as murder is a matter of intention to commit a crime or in some jurisidctions knowledge that one's action would cause a crime to be committed.Wikipedia

Trump refused to return the documents, resulting in a search warrant. That fulfills 'actus reus'. Trump admitted on tape that he believes it is okay ot take classified documents, in defiance of 793 Espionage act. That demonstrates mens rea. As president, it is not logical he was unaware of their potential damage. With Trump, all the elements of 793 have been met. "In my opinion" and, as always "IANAL"

keep telling yourself that
It is the fact, Jack.

However since we now live in a banana republic where the rule of law does not apply to Democrats, nothing will ever happen to the Bidens.

Forum List

Back