Did Trump just give his 'mens rea' on the commission of a crime?

He claimed he had, 'as president, the right to take classified documents'.
That is a direct admission that he is willing to violate the Espionage Act.

It means a guilty mindset. Even if that isn't what his statement proves, it DOES prove he is willing to violate the
793 Espionage Act. That will not bode well for him in court, IF he is indicted.
haha no. it’s not it shows the opposite…not an evil mind, but they he had the right to do something

if you have the right to do something, then you can’t have the evil mind

idiot

haha no. it’s not it shows the opposite…not an evil mind, but they he had the right to do something

if you have the right to do something, then you can’t have the evil mind
That's just it, he does NOT have the right to take national defense information documents, not intentionally.

Better look in the mirror for that one.

With cooperation, there is no need for a search warrant.

No evidence of that, but I suppose it's possible.

That's not proof he stole them. It could be recklessness, and that's not good. That's why there is an investigation, to determine the facts.

You're correct about the Senator, but not correct about the VP, to wit:

Executive Order 13526 states: Sec. 1.3. Classification Authority. (a) The authority to classify information originally may be exercised only by: (1) the President and the Vice President;

Trump was cooperating. But Merrick Garland found out about all the documents Biden had squirreled away over many years and so ordered the unprecedented raid before the information on Biden became public to mitigate Biden's culpability.

As has been pointed out elsewhere on the board, the VPOTUS declassification authority has never been tested in court, and anyway it ONLY applies to something the VPOTUS had originally classified himself and nothing else. Biden has made NO such claim in all these months.

McClanahan, who also teaches at the George Washington University Law School, said that under a 2009 executive order signed by Obama, the vice president is included in a list of "original classification authorities," meaning Biden had the power declassify anything he classified.

The Washington Post also reported vice presidents have the authority to declassify anything they classified. The New York Times similarly reported that the vice president has the power to declassify, while noting the scope of that authority "has never been definitively tested."

Senators only see classified documents in a SCIF, meaning Biden stole them from a SCIF.

Nah. You didn’t. You rat twat.

I have less than zero concern with your feeble efforts. :itsok:

Nah. I’m not like you and your sick cult ilk, ya semen breath moron.

I hear Listerine came up with a new formula just for you: cum gargler.

Trump was cooperating.
No federal magistrate is going to sign off on a search warrant on the residence of the former President Of The United states without all of the FBI's probable cause ducks in a row. No way, josé.
Your statement defies reason, logic and reality.
But Merrick Garland found out about all the documents Biden had squirreled away over many years and so ordered the unprecedented raid before the information on Biden became public to mitigate Biden's culpability.
Please provide evidence for your claim.
As has been pointed out elsewhere on the board, the VPOTUS declassification authority has never been tested in court, and anyway it ONLY applies to something the VPOTUS had originally classified himself and nothing else. Biden has made NO such claim in all these months.
I repeat, 18 U.S.C. 793 Espionage does NOT depend on any classification regime. It will depend, however, on DNi damage assessments, and classification will be only considered as supplemental to the assessments. But, on the matter of the DNI damage assessments, I will add: As for the role of DNI damage assessments and classification, these may be factors considered by prosecutors and courts in determining the severity of an espionage offense and the appropriate punishment. However, the importance of these factors can vary depending on the specific circumstances of each case.

There is no single court citation or document that can fully confirm or refute the second part of the statement. The weight given to DNI damage assessments and classification in an espionage case can vary depending on a number of factors, including the type and sensitivity of the information disclosed, the intent of the defendant, and the potential harm caused by the disclosure. The relevance of these factors may also depend on the specific court or jurisdiction handling the case. I took notes on an interview with a prosecutor and learned the above, but darn, I lost the link, so, 'subject to verification' until then, I stand by the comment, above.
McClanahan, who also teaches at the George Washington University Law School, said that under a 2009 executive order signed by Obama, the vice president is included in a list of "original classification authorities," meaning Biden had the power declassify anything he classified.​
The Washington Post also reported vice presidents have the authority to declassify anything they classified. The New York Times similarly reported that the vice president has the power to declassify, while noting the scope of that authority "has never been definitively tested."
Well, given the language of the EP, the VP can just do it. If someone wants to challenge, then we shall find out if the courts are okay with it or not. 'Testing' always comes after the fact.
Confirms my point.
Senators only see classified documents in a SCIF, meaning Biden stole them from a SCIF.

According to reports, I believe he was VP when he 'acquired the docs. It will take an investigation to learn the facts.

I hear Listerine came up with a new formula just for you: cum gargler.
Mutilated, you traumatic tranny:

You’re too dull to even mock.

I consign you to the depths of the Phantom Zone or hell. Your choice!

Nah. Not really. No choice is given. You get no vote.

I condemn you to an eternity of being on my ignore list. I don’t think you’ll care. But maybe you will. Your level of dull requires it. 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

And may God have no mercy upon your sole. Or whatever. 😂

Mutilated, you traumatic tranny:

You’re too dull to even mock.

I consign you to the depths of the Phantom Zone or hell. Your choice!

Nah. Not really. No choice is given. You get no vote.

I condemn you to an eternity of being on my ignore list. I don’t think you’ll care. But maybe you will. Your level of dull requires it. 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

And may God have no mercy upon your sole. Or whatever. 😂

LOL! You wrote a lot to say "BackAgain is an in-bred fruit."

It appears (to me, anyway) that Trump confessed on TV to Hannity to the crime of Espionage, mishandling of national defense information documents.

Let's be clear, the 'boxes' Hannity is querying Trump about , are the boxes of classified documents, i.,e national defense information documents to which the Espionage Act, applies. It is one thing to own the documents, by inadvertent means, but he just confessed that it is okay for a president to take them. If that isn't 'mens rea' for a prosecutor, tell me what is?

And, No, it's not okay. Inadvertent acquisition by a President, as I understand DOJ policy, is not likely to be prosecuted, as is the case with Pence and Biden, but with Trump, he's giving his mens rea, (guilty mindset) on Television, to a crime? Not to mention he obstructed the governments' efforts to retrieve the documents, that's another crime, right there.

And for those of you about to raise the 'classification' issue. No can do, As I understand it, The Espionage Act does not depend on any classification regime, only DNI damage assessments, where the classification may, or may not be, supplemental to a charge if the damage assessments are severe.

GOTt-RUMPNOWLUCY.gif

Were any of that truly the case, do you honestly believe that all the current attention would be on some preposterously weak and insignificant hush money payment?

Don't lie.

I don't support DA NY's pursuit of the hush money payment, it should be for Trump Org related crimes. DA Fulton, and Jack Smith, etc, have nothing to do with Bragg's investigation.

I posted honestly, you rat fuck. You just wanna dish out insults and then snivel like the snot-nosed punk you are when I throw it back.

Ever tried sticking a cactus in your ass? Try it - you might like it.
Sounds like you did. :aargh:

LOL

If you do business in China you must have a Chinese bank account.

Trademarks, wow.

Hunter got how many millions in cash?
Hunter is a private citizen.

Jared, Trump son-in-law, was senior staff member White House, who got $2,000,000,000 (two billion big ones) from the Mohammed Bin Salman ostensibly for the Trump White House's soft treatment of his brutal murder of Jamal Khashoggi (that amount is two thousand million times more the amount that Hunter 'allegedly' got from China, which would be nothing more significant than an private citizen doing business in a foreign country).

You can say 'Wow' to that one.

We have provided evidence of fraud the courts won't touch. All "you" have provided is denial and harassment.

Courts won't touch? Evidence for that claim, please.

Please provide your evidence for fraud here, if you got it. My guess is you can't, because it doesn't exist.

Deny what? The fact that you think you have evidence? I wouldn't deny it if you can produce it.

Courts won't touch? Evidence for that claim, please.

Please provide your evidence for fraud here, if you got it. My guess is you can't, because it doesn't exist.

Deny what? The fact that you think you have evidence? I wouldn't deny it if you can produce it.
Have them identify the mules. They can.

Hunter is a private citizen.

Jared, Trump son-in-law, was senior staff member White House, who got $2,000,000,000 (two billion big ones) from the Mohammed Bin Salman ostensibly for the Trump White House's soft treatment of his brutal murder of Jamal Khashoggi (that amount is two thousand million times more the amount that Hunter 'allegedly' got from China, which would be nothing more significant than an private citizen doing business in a foreign country).

You can say 'Wow' to that one.

Jared didn't get $2 billion for himself. LOL It was for an investment fund. He actually does something, unlike Hunter.

Hunter?

And the rest of the Biden Crime Family.

No federal magistrate is going to sign off on a search warrant on the residence of the former President Of The United states without all of the FBI's probable cause ducks in a row. No way, josé.
Your statement defies reason, logic and reality.

Please provide evidence for your claim.

I repeat, 18 U.S.C. 793 Espionage does NOT depend on any classification regime. It will depend, however, on DNi damage assessments, and classification will be only considered as supplemental to the assessments. But, on the matter of the DNI damage assessments, I will add: As for the role of DNI damage assessments and classification, these may be factors considered by prosecutors and courts in determining the severity of an espionage offense and the appropriate punishment. However, the importance of these factors can vary depending on the specific circumstances of each case.

There is no single court citation or document that can fully confirm or refute the second part of the statement. The weight given to DNI damage assessments and classification in an espionage case can vary depending on a number of factors, including the type and sensitivity of the information disclosed, the intent of the defendant, and the potential harm caused by the disclosure. The relevance of these factors may also depend on the specific court or jurisdiction handling the case. I took notes on an interview with a prosecutor and learned the above, but darn, I lost the link, so, 'subject to verification' until then, I stand by the comment, above.

Well, given the language of the EP, the VP can just do it. If someone wants to challenge, then we shall find out if the courts are okay with it or not. 'Testing' always comes after the fact.

Confirms my point.

According to reports, I believe he was VP when he 'acquired the docs. It will take an investigation to learn the facts.

Biden at best had the authority to declassify what he himself had classified, nothing else.

The President can declassify anything regardless of who classified it.

But then your insistence that Biden declassified the classified documents found in his garage and elsewhere has presented you with a problem. Because you seem to find it exculpates Biden (though Biden has made no claim he declassified them). Naturally, it exculpates Trump who has claimed he declassified documents at MAL.

And classified documents Biden had squirreled away from when he was a Senator were only available to him in a SCIF, meaning he stole those from a SCIF.

Forum List

Back