Did Sony do it?

I

Indofred

All the news of the hack, the threats, and all the other crap left me with a feeling there was a lot more to this story than was being told.
I will suggest a new scenario.

Sony, realising their film was a total pooch screw, needed a way out of releasing it.
The NSA were listening in, realised the potential for a propaganda story, and passed it onto the CIA for action.
The CIA went to Sony, explaining how two birds could be killed with one stone, and the rest you already know.

BBC News - What is The Interview really like

In the real world, a debate has been raging over what does and doesn't constitute torture. In the movie world, there's no debate; watching "The Interview" is torture from almost start to finish.

What do you think of my theory?

All the news of the hack, the threats, and all the other crap left me with a feeling there was a lot more to this story than was being told.
I will suggest a new scenario.

Sony, realising their film was a total pooch screw, needed a way out of releasing it.
The NSA were listening in, realised the potential for a propaganda story, and passed it onto the CIA for action.
The CIA went to Sony, explaining how two birds could be killed with one stone, and the rest you already know.

BBC News - What is The Interview really like

In the real world, a debate has been raging over what does and doesn't constitute torture. In the movie world, there's no debate; watching "The Interview" is torture from almost start to finish.

What do you think of my theory?
Interesting. People fall for all kinds of stuff all the time. Only problem is north of North Korea. No way the US attacks North Korea with China so close.

Last edited:
Conspiracy alert: What I heard this morning on the "news" is that a former employee might have done it. A lot of the traces were phony redirects AND Sony was blackmailed or the embarrassing emails would be released. Sony refused so it happened then they upped the ante. Sorta makes more sense that the DPRK caring about those racist emails.

Conspiracy alert: What I heard this morning on the "news" is that a former employee might have done it. A lot of the traces were phony redirects AND Sony was blackmailed or the embarrassing emails would be released. Sony refused so it happened then they upped the ante. Sorta makes more sense that the DPRK caring about those racist emails.

LOL! That makes more sense.

The original story had all of the reason of 'The Youtube' video.

My guess is that whoever 'did it'. Likely got the idea from the Benghazi scam... . "If they'll believe that crap... why wouldn't they believe this?"

What is it about Muslims and the way they believe the most outrageous conspiracy theories?

Is it the lack of education? all the inbreeding? the indoctrination by all the stupid religious fundamentalism? What?

The CIA went to Sony, explaining how two birds could be killed with one stone, and the rest you already know
There's also a corporate connection between Sony and the Rand Corporation:
"Michael Lynton, Chief Executive Officer, Sony Entertainment, Inc.; Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Sony Pictures Entertainment."
Hacking...it's how the rich do Christmas.
Board of Trustees RAND

Part of the hack story though is about the embarrassing e-mails between Amy Pascal and other Sony execs, think they would have wanted those revealed ?

Given they have had little attention outside the mention of them, why not?
A perfect blind to make the story more believable.

I heard much the same thing. It was a woman senior technician.

Movies are made and shelved all the time. A studio doesn't need a reason to shelve a movie. They just do it. Sometimes a movie is released years after it was made.

Forum List

Back