Did one of the left wing judges leak Roe versus Wade? Was the leak made to affect the midterms?

Unless one or two of the justices that was on the fence changed their mind before the final ruling. Put out the leak and then they would have looked weak for changing.

Both sides had something to gain.
What indication was there that some of the conservative justices were on the fence?

What indication was there that some of the conservative justices were on the fence?

Perhaps it is just wishful thinking that at least a couple of the Justices did not take lying to the American people during their hearings lightly.

I could be wrong,

Either way, that is my opinion, and that is all that any of us have since they cannot/will not tell us who did the leaking.

Perhaps it is just wishful thinking that at least a couple of the Justices did not take lying to the American people during their hearings lightly.

I could be wrong,

Either way, that is my opinion, and that is all that any of us have since they cannot/will not tell us who did the leaking.
What we do know for certain from the leak is that the majority opinion indicated that it was going to be overturned. Something had to be done to upset the apple cart.

What we do know for certain from the leak is that the majority opinion indicated that it was going to be overturned. Something had to be done to upset the apple cart.

We both have an opinion of who did it. Neither of us know who did it.

I would like to say I am sorry you do not agree with my opinion, but really I just do not give a fuck.

We both have an opinion of who did it. Neither of us know who did it.

I would like to say I am sorry you do not agree with my opinion, but really I just do not give a fuck.
Duly noted and quite devastating. ;)

What “lying?” Do you mean when the Roe supporters on the court swore an oath to uphold the Constitution?

Unless one or two of the justices that was on the fence changed their mind before the final ruling. Put out the leak and then they would have looked weak for changing.

Both sides had something to gain.

That totally defies logic. I'm a right-winger that wants to see Roe overturned. So to do that, I'm going to leak information that will rile up the pro-life people, and that will bring a judge or two to my side because they don't want to look weak. it doesn't even make sense.

Do tell and provide examples in recent history how killing in the name of Christianity rivals killing in the name of Islam.
World War I and World War II, where the Germans went into battle wearing belt buckles that read "Gott Mit Uns" (God's With Us!)

1674684911943.jpeg

For the Kaiser!

1674684936727.jpeg

And Hitler

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
That totally defies logic. I'm a right-winger that wants to see Roe overturned. So to do that, I'm going to leak information that will rile up the pro-life people, and that will bring a judge or two to my side because they don't want to look weak. it doesn't even make sense.

The judges were already leaning to the overturn side, but a couple might have been wavering. Leak the results and now they either hold the line or look like they were swayed by the wild masses.

Makes just as much sense as leaking it to impact the mid-terms, since the ruling would have been out long before the mid-terms anyhow

How would it keep them in place? Do you think they wouldn't have changed their vote so it wouldn't look like they were intimidated? What indication was there they they were wavering in the first place? The more likely scenario is that it was virtually a done deal and the Democrats sicked their mob squad on the justices in an attempt to threaten them into changing their votes.

Actually, Alito has leaked draft decisions in the past to keep justices on board, specifically the awful Hobby Lobby decision.

Actually, Alito has leaked draft decisions in the past to keep justices on board, specifically the awful Hobby Lobby decision.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. The left will conjure up all types of ridiculous arguments to defend their God(Party).

I agree. The word has a meaning.

Homicide means the killing of a person.

Wrong, ignoramus.

It means the killing of a human.

Whenever someone beat their slave to death, that was a homicide.

Nazi concentration camp victims were individually victims of homicide even if collectively it was genocide.

Those are two categories of historical non-person human beings, and their killings would be homicides.

Personhood is only legal. The word homicide would still define the killing of a human in an absolutely stateless anarchy, where no one is a “person” because there is no law to define “person” and no criminal charges like “murder.”

Forum List

Back